Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve

Tuscumbia, AL

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve is a 9.1 mile out and back trail located near Tuscumbia, Alabama that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for camping, hiking & trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

David Moser (439)

9 Completed1 Reviews

This a great place to hike, 104 mile drive for us but worth the trip. It is private land and the couple who own it are very hospitable, providing maps, a document of key points you don't want to miss and water if needed. The trails are well maintained. It's a spectacular example of God's creation. Our trip was last minute and the hike was short, we'll be back to see what we missed.

Ryan Michael (96)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This place was absolutely incredible. It has definitely made my business trip that much more enjoyable. I will be bringing my wife back here at some point. The couple the owns it does an amazing job at keeping at maintained and are extremely friendly.

Angie Taylor (103)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Andrew Russell (163)

3 Completed1 Reviews

I did not get to hike this trail because they no longer allow individual camping. My son and I drove up Friday after work, and were turned away. However, the land owners were super nice and accommodating. They got on the phone and found other places for us to camp for the night.

I am not writing this to complain. I just want to inform everyone about the camping situation. I do plan on going back one weekend, and day hiking it.

scott kuehn (58)

Tina Craig (610)

17 Completed15 Reviews

I love CCCNP!! There is so much to see! The Falls, The Point, The Narrows, The wildflowers! I have been out there several times. I recommend it to everyone!! Love Faye and Jim, the caretakers, they are the sweetest!!

Tim Martin (96)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My favorite place to hike. Great trails, waterfalls, wildflowers and lovely trees, scenic bluffs and beautiful Cane Creek make this a great place to visit. The overview description needs to be updated because the Preserve now has more than 15 miles of trails and the owners are currently putting in another trail in the northern most part of the preserve. Also, some of the trails including the steep trail from the point to the canyon below, the trail to the Citadel and the new trail would more appropriately rated strenuous to difficult. None of the trails are "a walk in the park"!

Jonathan Trowbridge (167)

5 Completed4 Reviews

We enjoyed it. Extremely easy to navigate. The folks that own it are friendly and informative. Between the Map provided, and the extremely well marked trails, you would have to be hard pressed to get lost, or not find the spot you are looking for. We made it just past the Fern Tree Caves, from the House, due to time and weather. Will be back for sure.

Joey Morris (1475)

24 Completed23 Reviews

Beautiful waterfall, bolder garden and cave. Well kept trails that are clearly marked. View from the point is amazing.

Angie Taylor (103)

2 Completed3 Reviews

This was my first official hike in a very long time. I really enjoyed this hike although I did not complete it all during my visit but will definitely return. Beautiful waterfalls, trails are marked, picnic tables and portapotties. The gentlemen who owns this property has done a wonderful job and is very friendly. Cannot wait to return!!

Support