Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve

Tuscumbia, AL
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve is an out and back trail located near Tuscumbia, Alabama. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Privately owned scenic natural area open to the public at no charge. A cooperative project with The Nature Conservancy of Alabama.

251 Loop Road
Tuscumbia, AL 35674

8 miles south from Hwy 72/Franfort Road
Take Loop Road to right (small sign)
First Left, follow the gravel road

Parking is available

Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve
251 Loop Road
Tuscumbia, AL 35674
(256) 381-6301

2 Completed 2 Reviews

It was gorgeous, even for early spring with very little foliage. Lots of trails, we hiked about an hour and half and barely scratched the service. Owner was nice and very cordial. Gave us good direction and input. Is a little hard to find, the drop point from this App takes you to the loop road. From their you have to turn off what looks to be a private drive, beside a shad tree mechanic, with lots of broke down vehicles close to the road. Go past the chicken coupes through the pillars to the back of the house and their is a little welcome center on the back corner of the house.

Person_placeholder

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful! But, Jim the one that owns it was very rude! He was speeding down the beginning of the trail andis going to end up running someone over one day. He yelled infront of our kids and scared them to the point that they wanted to leave. His rudeness was unnecessary and I will never go back as long as he is there. He ruined our whole trip because one of us didnt bring one our truck back to the main road immediately after we unpacked to camp. It was a honest mistake it was our first (and last) time there. We apologized a million times (beacause it wasnt something serious) and he continued to yell and scare the kids. All he had to do was ask us to move a truck, instead he acted like we set the forest on fire. Worst camping trip EVER.

Icon_e9c54693a71a3edd385b14d86d59f1c4

4 Completed 5 Reviews

Beautiful! Tons and tons of sites! Multiple Waterfalls. The preserve is very well maintained, trails and points of interest are clearly marked. I counted four privies that were clean, multiple areas to sit including picnic tables including drinking water in coolers at each of these sites. all this and we didn't come close to seeing everything. The creek itself is gorgeous with crystal clear water that has a blue tint in the deep spots. There are also several creek crossings. The owners are very friendly and super helpful. We definitely will be returning, hopefully for an overnight. This is simply a must see! There is a Facebook page with more info also.

3 Completed 2 Reviews

This is a very nice shirt hike. I believe the loop is around 8 miles but there is lots to see here. More than one trail available to you.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Just went today it is absolutely great .i spent over 3 hours and barely did half of the trails

35 Completed 14 Reviews

This is a great area for family hikes, trails are well kept with hidden treasures throughout. The hike out was the only real challenge.... I will be back, many more trails to cover and maybe a camp outing in order!

Icon_

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I think it o very beautiful! Thankyou to the owner who allow us to enjoy their land! I went with my dog first time Hike . I have trouble with my leg so it was low going but it was so very enjoyabe. The trails are pretty esay to follow which was great

16 Completed 17 Reviews

Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve is an absolute gem of the Shoals Area. Jim and Faye Lacefield have done an excellent job preserving this beautiful area and making it accessible for nearly everyone. They have built several scenic campsites and provided port-a-potties for your comfort. The geological history in this canyon is amazing and Jim will be happy to share his knowledge with you. From the gorgeous waterfalls to the beautiful creek you will always find something amazing in this Nature Preserve!

13 Completed 14 Reviews

there are trails for everyone great views

17 Completed 9 Reviews

This is an awesome place to hike. Well marked trails, beautiful vistas, and several waterfalls. My favorite place to hike!

Support