Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve

MODERATE
l>
Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve is a 7.8 mile out and back trail located near Tuscumbia, AL that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly birding camping hiking nature trips trail running walking forest river rocky views waterfall wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Privately owned scenic natural area open to the public at no charge. A cooperative project with The Nature Conservancy of Alabama.

John Hamm

7 Completed2 Reviews

Excellent

Michael W

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome hike! Super clean, friendly staff/ owner, trails are well marked:) God is good. Bridge was closed had to come in on RED ROCK ROAD 12/29/2015.

Parker Wade

1 Completed1 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful trail. Hiked most of the trail in just a few hours. There is one beautiful overlook called "The Point" and an incredible waterfall that is a stunning cliff that seems to come out of nowhere! It's massive and you can hike all the way down it and in it too! Both of these spots are near the beginning of the trail. Make sure you take the "steep trail" if you're agile! It's a lot of fun! As you hike in, you parallel a creek with some beautiful resting spots and rock formations. We didn't make it all the way to Devil's Hollow but we'll definitely be coming back soon!

*Note: the whole place is privately owned and the owners have gone above and beyond to groom the trails, provide rest areas with fresh water every mile or so and restrooms! They're are incredibly nice, professional, and hospitable.

***lastly, the All Trails map leads you to James Road. Don't turn down that road, just continue on Loop Rd about a half mile past James road and it'll be on your right! There's a sign and you can't miss it!***

Sandy Holcombe

1 Completed1 Reviews

Wonderful! Thank you to the Lancasters for sharing this beautiful canyon. 9 of us hiked for about 3 1/5 hours and enjoyed every minute. Truly a beautiful place! God is good!

David Moser

13 Completed4 Reviews

This a great place to hike, 104 mile drive for us but worth the trip. It is private land and the couple who own it are very hospitable, providing maps, a document of key points you don't want to miss and water if needed. The trails are well maintained. It's a spectacular example of God's creation. Our trip was last minute and the hike was short, we'll be back to see what we missed.

Ryan Michael

1 Completed1 Reviews

This place was absolutely incredible. It has definitely made my business trip that much more enjoyable. I will be bringing my wife back here at some point. The couple the owns it does an amazing job at keeping at maintained and are extremely friendly.

Angie Taylor

2 Completed3 Reviews

Andrew Russell

3 Completed1 Reviews

I did not get to hike this trail because they no longer allow individual camping. My son and I drove up Friday after work, and were turned away. However, the land owners were super nice and accommodating. They got on the phone and found other places for us to camp for the night.

I am not writing this to complain. I just want to inform everyone about the camping situation. I do plan on going back one weekend, and day hiking it.

scott kuehn

Tina Craig

18 Completed14 Reviews

I love CCCNP!! There is so much to see! The Falls, The Point, The Narrows, The wildflowers! I have been out there several times. I recommend it to everyone!! Love Faye and Jim, the caretakers, they are the sweetest!!