Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs

#3 of 40 trails in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Willow Beach, Arizona that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.5 miles Out & Back 800 feet
Dog Friendly
hiking dogs dogs leash hot springs
Hide Map

The trail head is an easy parking lot, well maintained. It serves at the head for both the Liberty Bell Trail and the Arizona Hot Springs (these fork at a point - there's a map in the parking lot). Washes can be frustrating to follow, however this one tends to stay inside a narrow canyon with vertical cliffs, therefore giving you few alternatives. Also, it is clearly marked with happy blue arrows.

Once you reach the river, make a left. You'll soon find another arrow. Follow it (along with the other markers) to the springs. It'll be obvious when you come across a small luke-warm springs.

Ryan Conger

6 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike! The first mile was pretty uneventful but once you started into the canyon it got interesting. The trail is not very well marked but as long as you stay on some type of path it all ends up in the dry riverbed that leads to the hot springs. The terrain was very loose so be sure to wear good shoes. And bring your swimsuit! The water was about 102-103 degrees.

Sarah Erickson

2 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful trail to the hot springs. Follow it a little further and it opens up to a beautiful beach on the Colorado River. We also took the White Rock canyon trail back for a loop. Bring sandals or water shoes for the hot springs, lots of water, and a hat. The trail is full sun until you get into the narrower parts of the canyon and the trail is unclear at times. Just keep following the riverbed. Great for an evening or overnight hike with wine and candles!!

James Cook

21 Completed10 Reviews

Excellent route straight into the hot springs. I would recommend bringing some water shoes. The pebbles are pretty rough on the feet unless you keep your boots on (& wet boots home). The trail is much shorter than taking the White Rock route. Steeper grade coming down but much shorter. Continue on to the river and see some great views. Enjoy!

R. Scott Teel

1 Completed1 Reviews

one night hike. 4 hot springs from warm to too hot. very enjoyable.

Christina Navalta

8 Completed5 Reviews

My fiancé and I wanted to hike this trail down to the Colorado River and then take White Rock Canyon back. Unfortunately we missed the trail (due to poor trail marks) to the Arizona Hot Springs and we took White Rock and Arizona Hot Springs back. It made it a little exciting though because as we were walking to the Hot Springs we could here water and once we found the ladder we found the huge hot springs! There were three and the one on top was the hottest. Very cool, fun and exciting hike. The hot springs also had left over candle wax so someones been having some romantic nights there haha

Gerard Bonfils

51 Completed43 Reviews

I second Dennis Golden's comment about the sand putting older legs to a bit of a test going back up (felt so nice going down though :-) ) , especially when taking the longer way back through the hot springs and and dry waterfall wall scrambles. For a "visitor" to the area, this was a great hike combining high desert, long gradual wash, slot canyon, Colorado Riverbank section, hot springs, wonderful petroglyps and, as mentioned already, a little bit of scrambling.
Would do it again without hesitation.

Dennis Golden

11 Completed8 Reviews

Great hike! I used to hike here 50 years ago as a Boy Scout. It brings back memories. The hike to the petroglyphs adds special enjoyment for me. Hiking out in the sand was a little tough on this old man, but I wouldn't have missed it.

Joel Masson

11 Completed2 Reviews

This is a great annual hike I've been making with my wife and (sometimes) kids. Other than the hot springs it's also great to spend some time down by the Colorado River. If you don't want to make this an out and back trip there is an additional trail that is also really nice and involves seeing some petroglyphs. The "back way" has two trail options. One is following a wash back out. The other is up and over a saddle in one of the mountains. It's a steep trail but a great option to varying the hike. I've included a compilation of some pictures from my trips down there.

Sheri Pasaj

2 Completed1 Reviews

The gravel pretty much the whole way to the river made me want to take the river next time. A lot of work for such a small hot springs. It was a beautiful hike though

Michelle Sudak

6 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome hike! We are beginner hikers and it was a good combo of easy and challenging. The hardest part for us was when we came upon the 25' rock wall. There is no rope there to help climb up the rock as shown in some pics. We went back and forth trying to figure out how to get up this huge wall. After wasting time and semi panicking we realized we could climb up the side to the left of the wall, up and over. It was a bit nerve wrecking as we are not professional climbers, but we did it and it was awesome! Towards the end of the loop where it cuts to the left back to the original trail we missed it and had to kind of weave back and forth to get back on the trail. Definitely give yourself enough time if you are going to hike the whole loop.