Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs

#3 of 40 trails in Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Willow Beach, Arizona that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

James Cook (1620)

21 Completed10 Reviews

Excellent route straight into the hot springs. I would recommend bringing some water shoes. The pebbles are pretty rough on the feet unless you keep your boots on (& wet boots home). The trail is much shorter than taking the White Rock route. Steeper grade coming down but much shorter. Continue on to the river and see some great views. Enjoy!

R. Scott Teel (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

one night hike. 4 hot springs from warm to too hot. very enjoyable.

Christina Navalta (181)

8 Completed5 Reviews

My fiancé and I wanted to hike this trail down to the Colorado River and then take White Rock Canyon back. Unfortunately we missed the trail (due to poor trail marks) to the Arizona Hot Springs and we took White Rock and Arizona Hot Springs back. It made it a little exciting though because as we were walking to the Hot Springs we could here water and once we found the ladder we found the huge hot springs! There were three and the one on top was the hottest. Very cool, fun and exciting hike. The hot springs also had left over candle wax so someones been having some romantic nights there haha

Gerard Bonfils (2235)

25 Completed21 Reviews

I second Dennis Golden's comment about the sand putting older legs to a bit of a test going back up (felt so nice going down though :-) ) , especially when taking the longer way back through the hot springs and and dry waterfall wall scrambles. For a "visitor" to the area, this was a great hike combining high desert, long gradual wash, slot canyon, Colorado Riverbank section, hot springs, wonderful petroglyps and, as mentioned already, a little bit of scrambling.
Would do it again without hesitation.

Dennis Golden (479)

9 Completed6 Reviews

Great hike! I used to hike here 50 years ago as a Boy Scout. It brings back memories. The hike to the petroglyphs adds special enjoyment for me. Hiking out in the sand was a little tough on this old man, but I wouldn't have missed it.

Joel Masson (132)

11 Completed2 Reviews

This is a great annual hike I've been making with my wife and (sometimes) kids. Other than the hot springs it's also great to spend some time down by the Colorado River. If you don't want to make this an out and back trip there is an additional trail that is also really nice and involves seeing some petroglyphs. The "back way" has two trail options. One is following a wash back out. The other is up and over a saddle in one of the mountains. It's a steep trail but a great option to varying the hike. I've included a compilation of some pictures from my trips down there.

Sheri Pasaj (107)

2 Completed1 Reviews

The gravel pretty much the whole way to the river made me want to take the river next time. A lot of work for such a small hot springs. It was a beautiful hike though

Michelle Sudak (357)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome hike! We are beginner hikers and it was a good combo of easy and challenging. The hardest part for us was when we came upon the 25' rock wall. There is no rope there to help climb up the rock as shown in some pics. We went back and forth trying to figure out how to get up this huge wall. After wasting time and semi panicking we realized we could climb up the side to the left of the wall, up and over. It was a bit nerve wrecking as we are not professional climbers, but we did it and it was awesome! Towards the end of the loop where it cuts to the left back to the original trail we missed it and had to kind of weave back and forth to get back on the trail. Definitely give yourself enough time if you are going to hike the whole loop.

Andrew Jones (710)

7 Completed5 Reviews

Excellent trail that has been around for many years. Things have changed since the bridge has been completed so if you are use to pulling off to the right at mile marker 4 you are in for a surprise. There is now a trailhead with a parking area off to the left and you cross under the highway in order to get to the wash leading you down to the Colorado River. The traditional route through White Rock Canyon is good for all experience levels of hikers. If you choose to take the back way out through the hot springs, which is shown at the trailhead and turns this into a loop trail, you will need a bit more experience. Due to coming across a few dry waterfalls there is some pretty intensive rock scrambling and climbing. The back route is not recommended for dogs or children. However, if you do decided to take the back route out you will find some really interesting petroglyphs. This was my 20th anniversary from when I first hiked this trail and hopefully it will still be accessible in another 20yrs.

Tad Smith (635)

31 Completed12 Reviews

Took the wash down and the alternate path through the pools on the way back. The pools were excellent and warm. The ladder was in very good condition and appear to be fairly new (thanks to those maintaining it). The hike out was less stimulating since the pools zapped quite a bit of energy, so don't stay too long or one will never get home.

Support