Brown Canyon

#1 of 3 trails in Miller Wilderness

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Brown Canyon is a 5.3 mile loop trail located near Hereford, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

MLE HIKES (795)

27 Completed17 Reviews

Amanda Bruton (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I just completed this trail today. It was beautiful and green. I am new at mountain biking so I basically hiked with my bike to the top and then I rode down. It was a great work, a lot of fun and oh so beautiful!

Ryan Dane (675)

20 Completed16 Reviews

Did this hike back in March and loved it!

Nathan S. (288)

Nice trail that gives you just enough incline change to make it a decent workout but not a smoker. I went in mid-February on a Sunday morning and saw a fair amount of trail runners and bikers but not so much as to make it feel crowded. Will do again.

Randy Beck (289)

8 Completed7 Reviews

This is a great trail for an afternoon hike. Either direction from the trailhead will make for a great hike or bike Part of the trail is either paved or improved dirt vehicle roads, and most is single track. There is a really steep hill which I can't see anyone biking up, but perhaps it's possible. I think there is a small trail that avoids this steep hill and takes you by the house. I'll check it out next time.

Doris Turner (117)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Any trail we go, we would never go without a map. Hiked Brown Canyon a number of times. A first time easier start is to drive to Brown Canyon Ranch, park there and take off. After a while on the trail, depending on the season, you'll find a small brook on the left side of the trail. Want a challenge, take the Pomona loop. Hiked this trail several times, starting from Brown Canyon Ranch, and from the trailhead parking lot. Another great way to connect with Brown Canyon is starting from the Nature Conservancy at the end of Ramsey Canyon, follow the Hamburg Trail, and turn onto Brown Canyon Trail. Depending on the elevation, trees and vegetation change. Saw deer and squirrels - no bears thank goodness.

Support