Fatmans Loop Trail

#5 of 204 trails in coconino national forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Fatmans Loop Trail is a 2 mile loop trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running & walking and is accessible from April until November.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Alyssa Reinen (67)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Abram Langston (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Many different trails to go on. Well signed.

Kenneth Lesinski (170)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Tren Spendlove (175)

11 Completed4 Reviews

Wyatt Bowman (66)

8 Completed1 Reviews

Lourdes Heredia (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My boyfriend and I did this hike yesterday and it was great! It is a moderate hike and the views are wonderful. We had a great time and will definitely come back and do it again :)

Dylan Raymond (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

While going to school in Flagstaff I lived on the East side of town. I did this hike on a daily basis. It is a great hike and very very enjoyable. It can be done quickly and the elevation change makes for a good workout. Huge stress relieve for me. Great hike!!

Rébecca M. (375)

1 hour hike/running. Beautiful view. Great for a quick exercise in nature to relieve stress.

Heather D. (201)

Beautiful 1 hour hike just minutes from downtown Flagstaff. I would say it is a cross between Jud Weibe trail in Telluride and Camelback mountain in Phoenix. It is definitely an easy moderate hike.

Megan McDanel (93)

1 Completed2 Reviews

After reading the reviews, nothing more to add..I second everyone else! . A great option for local, moderate hike, if you only have an hour or two to go out. Me and James needed a "nature break" and we chose the closest and shortest option. We went December 1, and a few snowy patches added to the beauty. I would recommend this trail if you don't have a full day to dedicate to hiking... It's a quick and easy escape.

Support