Thunderbird Park: H-Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Thunderbird Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Thunderbird Park: H-Trail is a 3.6 mile loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kaye Smith (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

View is wonderful! I completed this hike a few weeks ago. . .I love that there are options and different paths to take to complete the hike. Right now Im still at the hiking stage. . not jogging or running - but looking forward to an early morning jog on one of the trails very soon. It's a great workout. Cant say enough about the view!!

Alyssa Alexander (105)

5 Completed3 Reviews

I just did this hike for the 1st time with a co-worker. I hadn't gone hiking in about 2 years now. It was pretty easy compared to others I've hiked "back in the day" and was a nice hike to get back into the grove of things. I even went home and walked on my treadmill for a little while. I'll be back for sure, but I may venture to the other side.

Sarah Smith (138)

3 Completed2 Reviews

easier hike than others... beautiful views. :) I will do this one again!

Brittany Anderson (59)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful views but be wary of loose rocks while running. Not the smoothest trail.

Adam Lund (24073)

432 Completed119 Reviews

Fine series of trails with lots of options and combinations. Close in to north Phoenix.

April Gideon (36)

My favorite hike! =).

Joy Knippel (80)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Great hike! Very moderate, but it can get the heart beating fast at times as well, you are also able to run at some points.

Kim H (57)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Love this park. I've hiked most everything but the coach whip and the flat lander's trail. Close to the house and a good one just to get outside for an hour or so. One big issue is the website/maps name the trails where as out there it is labeled as H1, H2 etc. Also the trail details are hard to fill out because there are different trails and I have gone several different times in different weather.

Andy Wing (1593)

26 Completed21 Reviews

Great 1 st hike. Easy hike and get way to get started in hiking. Trails are very marked and no wildlife. Very busy, but friendly

April Waterbury (293)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Brought our dog, great trail and hikers. Good hike after a long day. First hike on AZ recently moved from MA. Will definitely come back!

Support