Thunderbird Park: H-Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Thunderbird Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Thunderbird Park: H-Trail is a 3.6 mile loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Bella Bear (132)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Love this area! Can get a little packed sometimes. Nice simple hike, perfect for starting your day!

Mich Orn (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Not too difficult and perfect weather this time of year.

Alli Doty (121)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a good hike. Parking is a nightmare and it was much more crowded than I expected.

Deborah Nelson (270)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Easy hike. I could do it with my grandson on my shoulders and a three year old in tow.

Kaye Smith (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

View is wonderful! I completed this hike a few weeks ago. . .I love that there are options and different paths to take to complete the hike. Right now Im still at the hiking stage. . not jogging or running - but looking forward to an early morning jog on one of the trails very soon. It's a great workout.

Cant say enough about the view!!

Alyssa Alexander (148)

8 Completed4 Reviews

I just did this hike for the 1st time with a co-worker. I hadn't gone hiking in about 2 years now. It was pretty easy compared to others I've hiked "back in the day" and was a nice hike to get back into the grove of things. I even went home and walked on my treadmill for a little while. I'll be back for sure, but I may venture to the other side.

Sarah Smith (138)

3 Completed2 Reviews

easier hike than others... beautiful views. :) I will do this one again!

Brittany Anderson (99)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful views but be wary of loose rocks while running. Not the smoothest trail.

Adam Lund (33137)

491 Completed222 Reviews

Fine series of trails with lots of options and combinations. Close in to north Phoenix.

April Gideon (36)