Thunderbird Park: H-Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Thunderbird Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Thunderbird Park: H-Trail is a 3.6 mile loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jake Mather (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Good for all levels. Many trails to choose from

Mel Metcalf (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Love it. For a beginner like me it was just what I needed!

Hahn Julie (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hikes if you like to push yourself!

Kristie Andrews (61)

3 Completed3 Reviews

I love this mountain! It has so many trails to pick from. I believe I've hiked all the trails

Karina Drew (890)

19 Completed19 Reviews

I lived 3 miles from this trail for a year and I could probably still hike it with my eyes closed! I consider it a moderate, and difficult in the summer. On my last few hikes on H-trail, I noticed there was a lot of trash and dog poo around. Shame because this is a nice pirce of undeveloped land in such a big city.

Bella Bear (132)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Love this area! Can get a little packed sometimes. Nice simple hike, perfect for starting your day!

Mich Orn (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Not too difficult and perfect weather this time of year.

Alli Doty (141)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a good hike. Parking is a nightmare and it was much more crowded than I expected.

Deborah Nelson (270)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Easy hike. I could do it with my grandson on my shoulders and a three year old in tow.

Kaye Smith (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

View is wonderful! I completed this hike a few weeks ago. . .I love that there are options and different paths to take to complete the hike. Right now Im still at the hiking stage. . not jogging or running - but looking forward to an early morning jog on one of the trails very soon. It's a great workout.

Cant say enough about the view!!

Support