West Fork Oak Creek Trail

#2 of 204 trails in coconino national forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

West Fork Oak Creek Trail is a 6 mile out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running & walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Denise Young (61)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Denise Young (61)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Rebecka Read (342)

9 Completed9 Reviews

Beautuful! Go early to avoid crowds. Bring extra pair socks case feet get wet during13 creek crossings if your foot slips. Great pics! Narrow at parts & we hike 2 dogs so go early so its not so busy.

Iskra Delić (127)

7 Completed1 Reviews

The views are amazing and the hike isn't too bad but bring water/food/electrolytes! A walking stick could help you across the creeks or wear waterproof hiking boots. Be warned - its $10 to park in the lot and $2 per person to walk in and hike. CASH OR CHECK ONLY! We were lucky to have $4 in cash. We parked about .25 miles up the road on a turnout so we didnt have to pay for parking. At about 9:30 am the parking lot was full. Happy Trails!

Brandon Skalsky (175)

3 Completed2 Reviews

This was an easy trail that was very well marked and well travelled. It was very busy early on, but thinned out after about a mile. There is ample shade in the trees and beautiful views from the bottom of the canyon.

Jade Ph (103)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I love the hike. Beautiful scenery ! Bring your camera because there is so many beautiful things to take picture of. This is my favorite hike so far !!

Misty Medina (121)

16 Completed3 Reviews

Tracy Wolf (260)

34 Completed7 Reviews

Nice trail with a beautiful hike along the creek. Many trees, water and ferns which nice shade for a hot day! I took my dog of 13 years old and she loved it--easy hike and lots of water. One of the most beautiful trails in Sedona--but also one of the most crowded. Go there during the week early.

Jeremy Palmiscno (51)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Andrew Vaz (49)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful trail - extremely picturesque! The sign at the trail says moderate but I would say in between easy and moderate.

We definitely hiked more than 6 miles to get to the narrow canyon at the end. I think we ended up around 8 in total. Not sure if we stopped past the official final spot.

The trail is gorgeous! Definitely worth doing this trail of you have the opportunity.