Wind Cave Trail

HARD
#1 of 14 trails in Usery Mountain Regional Park
Wind Cave Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, AZ that features a cave and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly hiking trail running cave views rocky
Hide Map

For hikers who wish to be challenged, the trail doesn't end at the Wind Cave. There is a loop left exit of the cave, or by continuing past the cave at the main "entrance." There is scrambling involved regardless of which route you take.

Rich Eckstein

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is my go to hike it's close to home quick and easy...

Michelle Richardson

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. I had sunscreen on and the hugs were going crazy over it. I suggest bug spray to fully enjoy this hike

Sandi Teeter

3 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful hike with amazing scenic views! Well worth the $6 it took to park.

Stephanie C.

Kevin Dean

1 Completed1 Reviews

I really enjoyed this hike. $6 to get into the park the hike to the cave is a winding path that is well marked and easy to follow. The cave was crowded when I arrived. But I continued to the top and had the whole 360 view to myself. Amazing up there!

Katie Ray

2 Completed1 Reviews

This trail is only 25 minutes from my house -- I can't believe I've lived here 10 years and only just now discovered it. The unmaintained trail past the Wind Cave is well worth the extra difficulty, and offers a spectacular view of Four Peaks.

Julia Van Linda

1 Completed1 Reviews

A co worker and I went on this hike quite early. At first we didn't quite understand the "moderate" rating, but when you get to the top it makes more sense! Beautiful up top, lots of humming bids, bees and rock squirrels. Take past the beyond point and you'll find a beautiful view of the east valley. Will be going back!

Tai Maldonado

3 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail.

Sophie Hargreaves

9 Completed7 Reviews

Easy hike. Starts off very easy as you are walking through the desert but then gains in difficulty as you start working your way up to the cave. I don't think it deserves the 'hard' rating, I think anyone could complete this trail. Views are fantastic. We stopped at the cave for a bit, and then proceeded past it and further up the mountain to get better views and a longer hike. We couldn't make it to the top because there was a bees nest in the middle of the trails. But overall a good hike. **Take cash/card as it's $6 to enter the park which I didn't know about**

Elizabeth Goodman

2 Completed2 Reviews

Went with my little brother and my dad. Not terribly hard or long, and the view from the top was fantastic!

Debra Turner

4 Completed3 Reviews

Had a great hike today at wind cave, really great views

Francesca Svoboda

38 Completed13 Reviews

Todd Hottell

3 Completed2 Reviews

Not that crowded . Good to run down..

Dixie Marshall

1 Completed1 Reviews

Wonderful Hike! Great views, good workout and lots of friendly people. At the top there were a lot of squirrels which literally ate out of my teenagers hand. Fun experience for all.

Jasmine Martinez

Jacqueline d'Estries

1 Completed1 Reviews

have done this many times with my 4 and 6 year old. they only most recently made it to the top and loved seeing all the chipmunks and squirrels at the top!

Clairissa Papa

David Voss

2 Completed1 Reviews

Will Erb

1 Completed1 Reviews

Fun Trail! Starts flat, then has a nice elevation. Not really a cave, more of a natural carving. Definitely will be back.

Jesse Scott