Glory Hole Waterfall Trail

#2 of 64 trails in Ozark National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

The trail in to the waterfall is all downhill, so the hike out is all uphill. The trail starts out as an old jeep trail and turns into a narrow path. The destination is the waterfall. The waterfall is unique in that the water has worn through the ledge and plummets through a round hole.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Selena Barclay (65)

2 Completed2 Reviews

The hike is worth it. Just remember when you go down the trail you will have to go up it. It is pretty rough going back up.

David West (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My Grandson son and myself hiked to the Glory Hole on June 9th, 2015.

We had a very good walk done and enjoyed looking at the Hole. It was a bit wet so we didn't walk on the slippery rock to get under the water hole. Our return trip was a lot tougher. I am diabetic and just about 70. It was very difficult as I had run out of energy and my blood sugar was low. Would prepare myself a little better next time. A young couple that passed us gave me two granola bars and they were a life saver. There are still many wonderful people in the world today,

David

Joedi Snipes (77)

2 Completed1 Reviews

It was cool, it's a bit tricky. Just look for the nature made steps!!

Gina Saulsbury (399)

16 Completed6 Reviews

Hike down was moderate, hiking back out a little more strenuous.

Kim Cunningham (113)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Easy access off hwy. Nice walk, coming back up can be a bit rough for those of us not in great shape. Heavily travelled trail.

Heather Powell (455)

10 Completed10 Reviews

Today was an absolutely unparalleled day to hike! I chose to seek out the Glory Hole Trailhead, and WOW! 31 cars lining the side of the highway when I arrived. I would never have seen it without that crowd. It was a fun hike. I think it is around two miles in and two out. I meandered along some off shoots that overlooked the stream and minor falls. I also hiked well past the falls, so I maybe covered six miles. Everyone I met was friendly and enjoying the hike. There were many people with dogs of all sizes and breeds. There were many families with children as young as two- my hat is off to the (very muscular) gentleman who carried his toddler the entire way- I think he was one of the military families I saw. There were older couples and college students. What a nice, diverse group of people!
The hike descended the entire way, and is difficult on bum knees. That descent means a heck of an ascent on the return! Great cardio for someone with the winter-lack-of-sufficient-ecercise syndrome! Go see it if you get a chance!

Laura Siler (156)

8 Completed5 Reviews

Struggled to locate trailhead and only found it because there were two cars parked there already. The hike in is not bad, coming back out is a good workout! There wasn't a lot of water running when were there but that is pretty much as expected after a dry spell. Hope to go back with the kids in winter and see the ice formations!

Kaylee Richardson (61)

2 Completed2 Reviews

There was no water running at all when we went at the end of September. Still a fun, short hike. The glory hole was still amazing to see even with no water.

Bob Wharton (8797)

295 Completed297 Reviews

Very nice place. But every time I do this trail so dose everyone else.
Lots of traffic here.

Tonya Vandermey (661)

16 Completed9 Reviews

There was not much water flowing on the day that I went. It's downhill all the way to the falls which means an uphill all the way back :) it was a very hot day with lots of bugs when I went to. Spring or after a decent rain would have been better.

Support