Glory Hole Waterfall Trail

#2 of 64 trails in Ozark National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

The trail in to the waterfall is all downhill, so the hike out is all uphill. The trail starts out as an old jeep trail and turns into a narrow path. The destination is the waterfall. The waterfall is unique in that the water has worn through the ledge and plummets through a round hole.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Cara Paige (194)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautifully rewarding hike. My kids (12 and 9)made it down and back with minimal breaks and little experience.
It's all downhill there, so take a good rest once you see the falls because you have to climb all the way back up!
We had to meander a bit from the top of the falls as there's no real marked trail down to it.

Alyxandria Riojas (54)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a nice stroll down the trail. It is a bit rough getting down to the actual waterfall, so be careful. Coming back up is literal. It is all up hill. But it is a good work out.

Sherri Shaughnessy (175)

4 Completed3 Reviews

Expected it to be a prettier trail.

Charlene Fraser (239)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Drove two hours to get there. It was easy to find off the hwy. Almost 90 degrees outside, cooler temps under the trees and the water was flowing. Which made the trip worth it. Followed the water past the hole and climbed the rocks back there. Just as beautiful as the waterfall. Worth the drive. I didn't think the climb out was that strenuous.

Leanna Harrison (38)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing. More challenging that I thought when I saw the mileage. Worth the trip. Traveled 3 hours to get there.

Selena Barclay (72)

2 Completed2 Reviews

The hike is worth it. Just remember when you go down the trail you will have to go up it. It is pretty rough going back up.

David West (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My Grandson son and myself hiked to the Glory Hole on June 9th, 2015.

We had a very good walk done and enjoyed looking at the Hole. It was a bit wet so we didn't walk on the slippery rock to get under the water hole. Our return trip was a lot tougher. I am diabetic and just about 70. It was very difficult as I had run out of energy and my blood sugar was low. Would prepare myself a little better next time. A young couple that passed us gave me two granola bars and they were a life saver. There are still many wonderful people in the world today,

David

Joedi Snipes (77)

2 Completed1 Reviews

It was cool, it's a bit tricky. Just look for the nature made steps!!

Gina Saulsbury (548)

18 Completed7 Reviews

Hike down was moderate, hiking back out a little more strenuous.

Kim Cunningham (113)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Easy access off hwy. Nice walk, coming back up can be a bit rough for those of us not in great shape. Heavily travelled trail.

Support