Glory Hole Waterfall Trail

#2 of 64 trails in Ozark National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

The trail in to the waterfall is all downhill, so the hike out is all uphill. The trail starts out as an old jeep trail and turns into a narrow path. The destination is the waterfall. The waterfall is unique in that the water has worn through the ledge and plummets through a round hole.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Ben Olson (163)

8 Completed0 Reviews

There isn't much to see on this hike until you actually make it to the Glory Hole. Once you're there it's really beautiful. The waterfall is amazing and there's a lot of cool rock formations around.

Be advised, this place gets really busy during prime hiking time. I suggest going either first thing in the morning or on a weekday.

Tasha G. (83)

I'm not a really fit or active person, and I have knee and back problems, but I have been down to the Glory Hole twice. We went as a family outing. My 14 and 11 year old boys had no trouble and we all absolutely loved the experience. It's all downhill going in and all uphill coming out. As you get close to the Glory Hole, the terrain is a bit more rocky and steep, but well worth the effort! You may want to have a walking/hiking stick with you for a little extra stability. Huge boulders and beautiful scenery. Very serene and peaceful. If you haven't been down this trail before, add this to your bucket list. Best after a few days of rain.

Aundrea Griffith (97)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Went yesterday, no water was flowing, but it was our first time to go. After we got to the bottom we did some exploring around all the rocks. There were SO many beautiful, black, and bright blue butterflies all around and everything was so green from the recent rain. We will definitely be back.

Cheryl Bramlett (68)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great short hike. Loved the Glory Hole and cool cave. Go after a good rain so the water will be running. Be prepared for an uphill hike back to trailhead.

Cara Paige (194)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautifully rewarding hike. My kids (12 and 9)made it down and back with minimal breaks and little experience.
It's all downhill there, so take a good rest once you see the falls because you have to climb all the way back up!
We had to meander a bit from the top of the falls as there's no real marked trail down to it.

Alyxandria Riojas (54)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a nice stroll down the trail. It is a bit rough getting down to the actual waterfall, so be careful. Coming back up is literal. It is all up hill. But it is a good work out.

Sherri Shaughnessy (219)

4 Completed3 Reviews

Expected it to be a prettier trail.

Charlene Fraser (241)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Drove two hours to get there. It was easy to find off the hwy. Almost 90 degrees outside, cooler temps under the trees and the water was flowing. Which made the trip worth it. Followed the water past the hole and climbed the rocks back there. Just as beautiful as the waterfall. Worth the drive. I didn't think the climb out was that strenuous.

Leanna Harrison (38)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing. More challenging that I thought when I saw the mileage. Worth the trip. Traveled 3 hours to get there.

Selena Barclay (73)

2 Completed2 Reviews

The hike is worth it. Just remember when you go down the trail you will have to go up it. It is pretty rough going back up.