Lost Valley Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Lost Valley State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lost Valley Trail is a 2.3 mile out and back trail that features a 53 ft. tall waterfall, a natural bridge, caves, a 30ft. waterfall inside the cave, large boulders and more. The area is jammed pack of scenic wonders on a easy trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Soncereri Nutz (1296)

20 Completed22 Reviews

So beautiful and off teh beaten path! This place was a waterfall and cave lovers paradise! 3 waterfalls and 2 caves all along approximate 1.2 miles one way! If you go during the right itme of the year you can see the water falling at it's best!!!

Soncereri Nutz (1296)

20 Completed22 Reviews

This place was amazing. My daughter and I walked the trail and went through the cave which was well worth it! If you decide to go a flashlight per person would come in handy and there is not too far to go inside the cave so if you start feeling the desire to turn around once inside just push through because the end is right around the corner and well worth the view! Waterfalls and caves are 2 of my favorite things to see when we do trails so this one was very exciting for myself! We will definitely make the trip back when the water level is suppose to be higher!!!

Toni Garner (127)

10 Completed4 Reviews

Loved this trail. I felt that it was a pretty easy hike. I loved the falls. I also enjoyed the lost valley cave and cobs cave. Please be dressed appropriately to explore the caves or your really going to miss out. Also be sure to bring a really good flashlight on this trip.

L. S. (151)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Great trail, always is kept up when we visit. And the waterfall at the end is always a treat. I have never visited the cave, though last time I tried but new sneakers were giving me blisters and I had to head back to the car.

Bob Wharton (8753)

293 Completed293 Reviews

Mike C (3069)

70 Completed25 Reviews

This trail is awesome. Bring a flashlight, because there are a few caves worth traveling deep into. The trail ends at a very nice cave, which requires some crawling to get back to a 30 ft. waterfall. Not for the closterfobic. Great views, caves, rock formations, and waterfalls. Keep in mind, waterfalls slow to a trickle in summer.

sharla danaher (49)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Visited during the last week of August. No flow of water so no waterfalls to view however, still a very pretty area. Park ranger was at the entrance to the cave handing out helmets so you could explore. Be cautious in the cave - the first person to refuse the helmet almost knocked herself silly! Ranger said the best times to view are during the winter, when the falls freeze, or in early spring where there is strong flow. Trail is clearly marked, first half is flat and easy but second half is a series of rock stairways. Easy to navigate but might be tough if one has knee or hip problems.

Kaitlyn Sanders (131)

3 Completed3 Reviews

drove all the way there just to read the sign no dogs allowed.

Lori Kirchner (65)

13 Completed2 Reviews

What an amazing place. The variety of the hike was a highlight, for both the hike and the views. My 15 & 12 yr old sons had a blast in the natural bridge & cave as well as the Eden falls and cave. The 15yr old and I both braved the belly crawl to the secret waterfall in the back cave. A great adventure for my whole family. Going back to see this place in each season!

Justin Olson (404)