Lost Valley Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Lost Valley State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lost Valley Trail is a 2.3 mile out and back trail that features a 53 ft. tall waterfall, a natural bridge, caves, a 30ft. waterfall inside the cave, large boulders and more. The area is jammed pack of scenic wonders on a easy trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Teah Hunter (304)

28 Completed2 Reviews

Robert Teitel (169)

13 Completed4 Reviews

Very easy and scenic trail. There is a cave up the cliff at the end where Eden falls comes out. You can go in the cave, NOT recommended if you are inexperienced in cave exploration. you have to crawl for quite a ways before entering a great room. There is a thirty foot falls inside the cave. Do not attempt without a hardhat and two light sources. That said, the trail is very scenic and there are different ways to reach the end. Bluff cave, moss falls and Eden falls, jigsaw blocks....very entertaining hike. Try to go every year.

Kim Galttana (484)

10 Completed10 Reviews

Love this trail - have to do it at least once a year, as it's a favorite! Eden Falls water level is down right now from what I'm used to, and that was disappointing. But, it's lush, and it's green and it's beautiful as ever. Easy enough that the kids can do it - long enough that they are tired when they are done. We still haven't gone to the waterfall inside the cave, just around the mouth. I'm a little claustrophobic - so, caving doesn't much appeal to me.

Warren Catoe (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome. At first I was concerned because of the crowd and the leisurely path. I'm out of shape but I'm not that out of shape. I like a little adventure and the last part of this trail provided just that. I read a few reviews so I packed my head lamp and I'm glad I did. The cave was well worth the drive. My wife didn't like the tight entry way to the cave waterfall so she stayed outside while explored. I've never been in a cave by myself so I became a little nervous when the pathway narrowed but a couple of younger kids came through and I followed them into the waterfall "room".

Courtney Pugh (193)

3 Completed3 Reviews

I love this trail. The cave is amazing! I mean, you can't really see much of the waterfall because of how dark it is, and the spaces can get a little tight and confusing. (Crawled right by the little hole you go through to get out about three times before someone else came through with a flashlight) It can be a little crowded sometimes. But all in all, it is definitely worth a visit.

Jim Bellings (430)

8 Completed7 Reviews

How many times do you get the opportunity to go into a cave and find a waterfall? After this hike you can check this off of your bucket list! The cave isn't to difficult to get through.Yes, there are bats. Yes, it is wet. Yes, you'll get a little dirty. Yes, the reward will be worth the effort. If you want to watch my GoPro video of my experience go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Aq_vg4-R0

Susan Voll (108)

3 Completed3 Reviews

This is an amazing trail! The wildflowers were just beginning to open today. The Redbuds were ablaze and the Dogwoods appear to promise plenty of blossoms in a week or two. The trails were well marked and maintained. Rock formations and waterfalls aplenty! I had to make a quick exit from the tight cave but after some good souls encouraged me to try again because the waterfall at the back of the cave was worth it, I did venture back in. Thankfully, we had our flashlights because it is so very dark. The passage is a bit tight in spots. There are two ways to get back to the end of the cave. Stay to the right or you will have to crawl on your belly for most of the way. This part of the cave is not for those with claustrophobia.

Julie Lindstrom (231)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Trail is a little short but still very well worth your time. The waterfall was in full glory today. The cave at the end is a bonus, and the waterfall inside the cave was spectacular

Matt Carter (1596)

11 Completed12 Reviews

What an excellent trail. It starts off fairly standard in the beginning until you get off the gravel and back towards the waterfall and cave. That is when this trail truly amazes! We managed to go after a good rain and all of the streams and waterfalls were flowing pretty good. Just a heads up, when you get back to the cave, be sure to push all the way to the end. Some of the spaces can get a little tight but it is worth it!

Michael Langley (645)

44 Completed10 Reviews

Fun and easy hike, have been here many times , took brother-in-law and his wife, they enjoyed all, including the waterfall inside the cave!!

Support