Lost Valley Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Lost Valley State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lost Valley Trail is a 2.3 mile out and back trail that features a 53 ft. tall waterfall, a natural bridge, caves, a 30ft. waterfall inside the cave, large boulders and more. The area is jammed pack of scenic wonders on a easy trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Michael Langley (606)

43 Completed10 Reviews

Fun and easy hike, have been here many times , took brother-in-law and his wife, they enjoyed all, including the waterfall inside the cave!!

Kyle M. (188)

Great place for those not into very demanding or long hikes. Very kid friendly with lots of fun rock formations to play on.

Doug Neidholdt (83792)

465 Completed474 Reviews

Seventh trip to the beautiful area. Every time I am in the area with another set of friends I always bring theme here. Less busy during the week. Never a disappointment.

Janice Mccleary (107)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I have been on horseback all over this park. We chased elk, had raccoons steal our peanut butter and woke up to a herd of deer right outside our tents. If you want natural beauty and wonder away from it all, this is the place to visit. One of my favorite places!

Ty Meeks (208)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Excellent trail if you have children. The stairs may be a little daunting but the trail is meticulous and well marked.

Rayford Grubbs (54)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Loved this trail! Took the whole family, even the little kids had fun. One word of warning, the how in the rock at the natural bridge is NOT Eden cave. Although this cave is cool, it is very small and wet. After 20 min of crawling on my belly in water, I came to a dead end. Disappointed, I crawled out of the cave and headed father down the trail. That's when I found the real cave. It was really nice as it was big enough to walk in and had a beautiful waterfall at the end. Only negative to this trail is that it is too easy and too accessible, so it was crowded.

Heather Powell (398)

8 Completed8 Reviews

Great trail to hike with kids: easy hike with a reward at the end of the trail. Not only a waterfall, but a cave to explore, too! Well kept trail- a civilized trail, not a backcountry trail.

Soncereri Nutz (1296)

20 Completed22 Reviews

So beautiful and off teh beaten path! This place was a waterfall and cave lovers paradise! 3 waterfalls and 2 caves all along approximate 1.2 miles one way! If you go during the right itme of the year you can see the water falling at it's best!!!

Soncereri Nutz (1296)

20 Completed22 Reviews

This place was amazing. My daughter and I walked the trail and went through the cave which was well worth it! If you decide to go a flashlight per person would come in handy and there is not too far to go inside the cave so if you start feeling the desire to turn around once inside just push through because the end is right around the corner and well worth the view! Waterfalls and caves are 2 of my favorite things to see when we do trails so this one was very exciting for myself! We will definitely make the trip back when the water level is suppose to be higher!!!

Toni Garner (127)

10 Completed4 Reviews

Loved this trail. I felt that it was a pretty easy hike. I loved the falls. I also enjoyed the lost valley cave and cobs cave. Please be dressed appropriately to explore the caves or your really going to miss out. Also be sure to bring a really good flashlight on this trip.

Support