Pigeon Roost Trail

#1 of 9 trails in Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pigeon Roost Trail is an 8.4 mile trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for birding, camping, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round. Check in and check out at trailhead.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

t TEEL (183)

8 Completed9 Reviews

Since I lived in area and purchased 150 dollar Gortex hiking boots, I was ready for adventure. The scenery was relaxing, but the switches in angles of the trail , slightly wet trail, and and close edges made me watch my feet and ankles more. In the summer, pls carry lots of mosquito repellant and, of course, water. Though I did not complete the entire trail, I like this trail because as you move deeper, you have more of a forest , than a state park trail ambience. (I am not a dusk or evening hiker).

April S. (85)

I did the 8 mile loop today and loved it. It was beautiful, and well maintained. The primitive campsites have me hooked and my friend and I are planning that outing.

Matt Carter (1752)

12 Completed14 Reviews

Very nice trail. Foot traffic wasn't too bad when I went in February. It took me a couple hours to do the whole loop. This was while stopping to take pictures but walking at a moderate pace. I would recommend it and plan on coming back to do some camping soon.

Steve Snider (67)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful trail. This is my favorite thus far in Arkansas. Hiking is moderate to a little heavy in just a few spots. Campsites are about 4 miles in on the Huckleberry trail and are all in great shape. Water is easy to come by as well so no need to pack unnecessary water along.

The views in the cove at sunset and sunrise are gorgeous and you'll see plenty of wildlife if you quietly move along the trail. Overall, a great experience...

Bob Wharton (8797)

295 Completed297 Reviews

Lafoia Ava (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a well marked and well maintained trail. There are 5 campsites, they are nice and have fire rings, tent pads and are a short hike to Beaver Lake, so it's easy to get water. Campsite 3, 4, and 5 are the closest to the lake.

Justin Olson (404)

20 Completed16 Reviews

Gary Borchardt (151)

9 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome Trail. White blazers for the trails and Blue blazers for the Trails to Camp sites. Camp sites are clearly marked terrain is beautiful. Brought my Husky and Lady for a three day adventure. We loved every minute.

Timmy LEWIS (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I took my girlfriend on this hike in September and had a great time. we did the whole loop stopping half way to set up camp for the night. packs were heavy with lots of extras to keep us comfortable and entertained for the trip. we enjoyed the beautiful lake view and a swim. Even had a whitetail deer walk up about 30 yrds from our camp fire. The 2nd day we were a little sore from lack of excercise but we managed. will definitely go back!! Trails were very well marked and easy to follow.

Support