Pigeon Roost Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 9 trails in Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area
l>
Pigeon Roost Trail is a 8.4 mile loop trail located near Rogers, AR that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding camping hiking trail running bugs forest lake rocky views wild flowers
Hide Map

Pigeon Roost Trail is in a figure eight shape that is made up by two loops, Dry Creek Loop 4.1 miles and Huckleberry Loop 4.3 miles. Please contact the Ranger at the phone number listed below to determine if there will be a campsite available. The trail is fairly short for an overnight trail, but there are several hills to climb which give the trail its difficulty rating.

Bryan Davis

17 Completed2 Reviews

Michel Jones

30 Completed19 Reviews

Nice to have a family hike. Very easy for the kids. Might want to bring a swim suite in the summer for a quick dip.

Keith Gulley

1 Completed1 Reviews

we got a late start so didn't do all 8 miles, but we we did hike was a great trail. would definitely go again!

David Shepherd

19 Completed3 Reviews

Lori Burdick

4 Completed4 Reviews

Hiked the Dry Creek Loop of this trail today with my daughter. The trail was well maintained. We found a swimming hole to cool off at the Overlook. Will be back to complete the Huckleberry Loop and hopefully camp sometime in the future.

Ashley Mauldin

3 Completed3 Reviews

Greg Morphis

5 Completed6 Reviews

I hiked the 8 miles Sunday July 5th. It was a nice day for a hike. Temperature started in the mid 70s and was mid 80s when finished. The parking lot had 4 vehicles when I got there around 7:30am. I was thinking I'd run into a lot of people and just a set of 3 trail runners and 3 campers hauling a cooler.
The views of the lake are real nice, I bet it's even better in the fall when the leaves have fallen and you can see more of the lake. The trail is well maintained too, I didn't have a problem hiking it at all. It took me a little more than 4 hours to hike the whole trail, with the last half mile to mile giving the most trouble, as it's all uphill once you start toward the parking lot. I'm out of shape and I'm sore a couple days after but looking back it was worth it. Getting outside is always worth it.

t TEEL

8 Completed9 Reviews

Since I lived in area and purchased 150 dollar Gortex hiking boots, I was ready for adventure. The scenery was relaxing, but the switches in angles of the trail , slightly wet trail, and and close edges made me watch my feet and ankles more. In the summer, pls carry lots of mosquito repellant and, of course, water. Though I did not complete the entire trail, I like this trail because as you move deeper, you have more of a forest , than a state park trail ambience. (I am not a dusk or evening hiker).

April S.

I did the 8 mile loop today and loved it. It was beautiful, and well maintained. The primitive campsites have me hooked and my friend and I are planning that outing.

Matt Carter

13 Completed14 Reviews

Very nice trail. Foot traffic wasn't too bad when I went in February. It took me a couple hours to do the whole loop. This was while stopping to take pictures but walking at a moderate pace. I would recommend it and plan on coming back to do some camping soon.