Pigeon Roost Trail

#1 of 9 trails in Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pigeon Roost Trail is an 8.4 mile trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for birding, camping, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round. Check in and check out at trailhead.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Lori Burdick (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hiked the Dry Creek Loop of this trail today with my daughter. The trail was well maintained. We found a swimming hole to cool off at the Overlook. Will be back to complete the Huckleberry Loop and hopefully camp sometime in the future.

Ashley Mauldin (58)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Greg Morphis (326)

5 Completed6 Reviews

I hiked the 8 miles Sunday July 5th. It was a nice day for a hike. Temperature started in the mid 70s and was mid 80s when finished. The parking lot had 4 vehicles when I got there around 7:30am. I was thinking I'd run into a lot of people and just a set of 3 trail runners and 3 campers hauling a cooler.
The views of the lake are real nice, I bet it's even better in the fall when the leaves have fallen and you can see more of the lake. The trail is well maintained too, I didn't have a problem hiking it at all. It took me a little more than 4 hours to hike the whole trail, with the last half mile to mile giving the most trouble, as it's all uphill once you start toward the parking lot. I'm out of shape and I'm sore a couple days after but looking back it was worth it. Getting outside is always worth it.

t TEEL (183)

8 Completed9 Reviews

Since I lived in area and purchased 150 dollar Gortex hiking boots, I was ready for adventure. The scenery was relaxing, but the switches in angles of the trail , slightly wet trail, and and close edges made me watch my feet and ankles more. In the summer, pls carry lots of mosquito repellant and, of course, water. Though I did not complete the entire trail, I like this trail because as you move deeper, you have more of a forest , than a state park trail ambience. (I am not a dusk or evening hiker).

April S. (85)

I did the 8 mile loop today and loved it. It was beautiful, and well maintained. The primitive campsites have me hooked and my friend and I are planning that outing.

Matt Carter (1812)

13 Completed14 Reviews

Very nice trail. Foot traffic wasn't too bad when I went in February. It took me a couple hours to do the whole loop. This was while stopping to take pictures but walking at a moderate pace. I would recommend it and plan on coming back to do some camping soon.

Steve Snider (67)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful trail. This is my favorite thus far in Arkansas. Hiking is moderate to a little heavy in just a few spots. Campsites are about 4 miles in on the Huckleberry trail and are all in great shape. Water is easy to come by as well so no need to pack unnecessary water along.

The views in the cove at sunset and sunrise are gorgeous and you'll see plenty of wildlife if you quietly move along the trail. Overall, a great experience...

Bob Wharton (8797)

295 Completed297 Reviews

Lafoia Ava (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a well marked and well maintained trail. There are 5 campsites, they are nice and have fire rings, tent pads and are a short hike to Beaver Lake, so it's easy to get water. Campsite 3, 4, and 5 are the closest to the lake.

Justin Olson (404)