Pigeon Roost Trail

#1 of 9 trails in Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pigeon Roost Trail is an 8.4 mile trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for birding, camping, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round. Check in and check out at trailhead.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Lafoia Ava (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a well marked and well maintained trail. There are 5 campsites, they are nice and have fire rings, tent pads and are a short hike to Beaver Lake, so it's easy to get water. Campsite 3, 4, and 5 are the closest to the lake.

Justin Olson (402)

18 Completed16 Reviews

Gary Borchardt (111)

9 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome Trail. White blazers for the trails and Blue blazers for the Trails to Camp sites. Camp sites are clearly marked terrain is beautiful. Brought my Husky and Lady for a three day adventure. We loved every minute.

Timmy LEWIS (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I took my girlfriend on this hike in September and had a great time. we did the whole loop stopping half way to set up camp for the night. packs were heavy with lots of extras to keep us comfortable and entertained for the trip. we enjoyed the beautiful lake view and a swim. Even had a whitetail deer walk up about 30 yrds from our camp fire. The 2nd day we were a little sore from lack of excercise but we managed. will definitely go back!! Trails were very well marked and easy to follow.

Jeff Beedy (540)

9 Completed8 Reviews

I hiked this trail on March 9, 2013. I did the Huckleberry Loop of 8.3 miles. This is a moderate hike. Not alot of elevation gain, but it got kind of long towards the end of the hike. This trail takes you on the edge of Beaver Lake, which was very nice. There are some campsites about 4 miles in that are nice for an overnighter. Overall, I really enjoyed this hike and would recommend.

Pat Dunlap (533)

13 Completed13 Reviews

I run the trails in Hobbs five days a week. This is not my favorite running trail, although I enjoy walking it when I have the time to devote to it. The first mile is downhill, and then passesnext to the lake for a bit. It is uphill in this portion enough to make it a hard run, but only moderate to hike. There is a half loop that runs only about four miles, compared to the complete circuit which is listed at 8.4 miles, but hikes a little longer than that. It takes me about three hours to walk the entirencircuit, and that is striding right out. There are places on this trail where thingsare narrow enough or boulder strewn enough to cause problems for the trail runner, so caution is advised. As with all the trails in Hobbs, maintenance is very good. There are restrooms next to the parking lot.

Brad Foster (1606)

22 Completed20 Reviews

Awesome place to hike! A great place to camp at . Trail can be very demanding if you have a lot of gear on you. Lots of large rocks to trip over,and a lot of ups and downs on the hills. But overall a great challenging trail. Views of Beaver Lake are very nice . Beautiful rock formations on the edge of the lake. Lots of wild and plant life to be seen. Very large sink holes on the outer loop,very interesting sight to see. Highly recommend this trail if you want to experience Northwest AR backcountry .

Tammy Thieme (9306)

53 Completed19 Reviews

This was an enjoyable trail all together. The campsites exceeded my expectations with a metal fire ring and a tent pad surrounded by wood and filled with gravel. For me, the scenery was a little monotonous after a couple of miles. Walking counter-clockwise, there were a few pretty views of Beaver Lake within the first few miles. After that, there wasn't a lot of variety to the scenery. Moderate hike. The downside to me was the rock on certain parts of the trail. At some points, it would be mostly dirt path would a few chunks of rock that eventually make those feet hurt and twist the ankles! Overall though, would hike it again. Stop by the visitor center when your at the park;. its excellent and the staff there are super-friendly. I stayed on the outer loop and came up with 7.4 miles.

Support