Pinnacle Mountain Base Loop

#1 of 7 trails in Pinnacle Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pinnacle Mountain Base Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

4 Completed 3 Reviews

This is a pretty trail that may be good for light running or just cool down hiking from the Mountain. I climbed Pinnacle on the east side, went down on the west side and took the base trail back to the parking lot where we started. Id say it's easy/moderate from a terrain perspective; has great views of the river and is completely covered with trees.

Person_placeholder

5 Completed 1 Reviews

we go here anytime we r close to it fun

21 Completed 1 Reviews

I grew up in little rock with this gem of a mountain practically in my back yard. It's a great hike that can be done more than once in one visit for a good workout or you can take your family and enjoy not only the mountain and trails and picnic areas but also the playgrounds and about a half an acre of land to run around and play ball or relax on a blanket.
Stick to the main side if you are beginner and take the natural steps or try the other side for more of a rock climbing (no gear required) feel. Much harder. either way it's a beautiful park and the top views are breathtaking.

Icon_e029ef01ab38711edf8807ff24d98478

10 Completed 10 Reviews

We hit this several times a year. Nice connection between the East and West Summit Trails, making for a great loop hike.
There are many options, but this is what our family (5 kids) typically does: We park on the the West Summit side (the big area, with a playground and bathrooms). We hike the easy Base Trail to the East Summit. After a that relatively easy stroll, the kids are excited to scramble up some rocks. We enjoy the summit for awhile and then make a liesurely descent on the West Summit Trail where bathrooms and a playground awaits.

Icon_

27 Completed 27 Reviews

Easy shaded hike along the base of Pinnacle Mountain. Connects east and west summit trails.

Icon_

17 Completed 13 Reviews

Steep up the front. Steep and rocky up the back. Ur reading this so you like the outdoors. Take the harder of the two. Well worth burning the extra calories and bragging rights.

14 Completed 13 Reviews

have done all the trails in the area and love every one of them. we love to go to the top of Pinnacle and have breakfast. eggs and bacon not just a trail bar!

Person_placeholder

Robert Burnfield

10 Completed 7 Reviews

It seems there are quite a few posts reviewing the summit trails versus the Base Loop. The Base Loop itself is a easy stroll on rocky terrain. The East Summit includes a rock scramble that will challenge you unless you spend some time on the stair climber. We descended the East Summit. Great hike/climb!

0 Completed 1 Reviews

love this trail...nice views.

15 Completed 6 Reviews

I did the east summit trial a few moths ago. I really enjoyed it. The first 1/3 of this trail is a easy path through the woods with a slight grade. I was sorta bummed about cut throughs and the general lack of respect for the actual path but hey, what are you going to do? It's a heavily used trail and most users probably don't know much about the tread light ethic.

The last 2/3rds of the trail is a scramble up some rocks. It's a pretty good work out but the payoff is the view from the top. I spent a while at the top checking out the scenery, watching people come and go. I had to cut my trip a little short because of impending rain but it was cool to see the storm blow in.

I would recommend this trail. Some of the best views in central Arkansas.

Support