Pinnacle Mountain Base Loop

#1 of 7 trails in Pinnacle Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pinnacle Mountain Base Loop is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Lois Miller (94)

6 Completed3 Reviews

There is an easy side, and a hard side. My friends and I took on the hard side on a cold January morning for my birthday. It was a foggy morning, and made for a beautiful sunrise.
We were freezing, however, we loved the view and would definitely do it again.

Nicholas Ring (411)

16 Completed16 Reviews

Easy hike and at the right time of day you can catch some fantastic pictures.

Brittany Pringle (127)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Don't know what we were thinking, went up the hard way only to realize getting back down that way would be too difficult. Went down the 'easy' side to have to do half of the base trail to get back to the car. Great views, but I wish I had been more realistic as to what my skill level is.

Rob Walker (145)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Not a bad trail. Short but a bit of a challenge if you stray from the trail.

Kathryn Oliver (172)

4 Completed3 Reviews

This is a pretty trail that may be good for light running or just cool down hiking from the Mountain. I climbed Pinnacle on the east side, went down on the west side and took the base trail back to the parking lot where we started. Id say it's easy/moderate from a terrain perspective; has great views of the river and is completely covered with trees.

charles collier (61)

5 Completed1 Reviews

we go here anytime we r close to it fun

Brooke Moody (235)

21 Completed1 Reviews

I grew up in little rock with this gem of a mountain practically in my back yard. It's a great hike that can be done more than once in one visit for a good workout or you can take your family and enjoy not only the mountain and trails and picnic areas but also the playgrounds and about a half an acre of land to run around and play ball or relax on a blanket.
Stick to the main side if you are beginner and take the natural steps or try the other side for more of a rock climbing (no gear required) feel. Much harder. either way it's a beautiful park and the top views are breathtaking.

David Smith (306)

10 Completed10 Reviews

We hit this several times a year. Nice connection between the East and West Summit Trails, making for a great loop hike.
There are many options, but this is what our family (5 kids) typically does: We park on the the West Summit side (the big area, with a playground and bathrooms). We hike the easy Base Trail to the East Summit. After a that relatively easy stroll, the kids are excited to scramble up some rocks. We enjoy the summit for awhile and then make a liesurely descent on the West Summit Trail where bathrooms and a playground awaits.

Ashley Roughton (722)

27 Completed27 Reviews

Easy shaded hike along the base of Pinnacle Mountain. Connects east and west summit trails.

Gabe Hernandez (487)

18 Completed16 Reviews

Steep up the front. Steep and rocky up the back. Ur reading this so you like the outdoors. Take the harder of the two. Well worth burning the extra calories and bragging rights.

Support