Challenger Park

MODERATE
Simi Valley, CA
true
Challenger Park is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Simi Valley, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash hiking mountain biking trail running walking views wildlife
Hide Map

Kathy Carnicella

3 Completed0 Reviews

Great workout but this part of challenger is not very scenic

JoLynn Hinger

1 Completed0 Reviews

Nice hike if you're short in time. Keep heading southeast if you have more time and energy to spend (lots of trails here). Good mix of incline and level walking. Not too crowded-- just have to watch for the road apples (horse droppings). I think the park service may clear the pathway occasionally as one week sections were pretty heavily covered in droppings and nearly clear a week later.

Jeremy Ide

5 Completed2 Reviews

Pretty fun area with lots of trails. Good place for family and friends. For beginner to amateur riders. Depending on what kind of riding you like to do.

3 Completed6 Reviews

Thank you to whoever groomed out the winter ruts! Much love. #happymtb

3 Completed6 Reviews

Thank you to whoever groomed the trail and removed the winter ruts! Much love. #happymtb

3 Completed6 Reviews

I like being able to approach from either side. One is steeper than the other but both climbs have their challenges and both downhills will delight. The small amount of shade at the bottom is nice before and after the climb. Saturday morning early and only one other seen on the trail. This trail is short and sweet.

Pamela Grundman

37 Completed17 Reviews

I just need to update this~ I've been doing this hike a few times a week for 2 months, I have wandered thru these hills and have found even more trails to follow. I spend hours exploring this terrain, and it hasn't dissapointed yet. My dog and I love this area, for our 'close to home' weekday hikes!

Pamela Grundman

37 Completed17 Reviews

this is a fun easy hike. it's a go to hike for me during the weekdays, as it's in the neighborhood I live in. I do like the uphills ~ 2 fairly steep ones, get the heart pumping!

Lucas Johnson

3 Completed3 Reviews

Good for a quick hike. If you're feeling adventurous go under the fence at the top and really get up there for a nice view of Simi. Not really challenging except for the one incline in the beginning.

Scott Blough

3 Completed2 Reviews

I visited Challenger Park for the first time, which was ironic because of the relative close proximity to my home. The park was empty. My son and I really enjoyed the solitude while we explored the park.

Esteban Rodriguez

29 Completed4 Reviews

Ran this trail earlier this morning and loved it! Nice trails, good elevation for both views and training. Lots of wild life and nice views of Simi Valley. Perfect for mountain biking too, will bring my bike next time!