Chumash trail

#1 of 2 trails in Chumash Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Great vistas of the city below, interesting sandstone formations, beautiful Red Dead Redemption views and sounds. Look for snakes, lizards and few people on trail. No shade ever.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kayyy Ohhh (304)

13 Completed8 Reviews

Beautiful views! My favorite part is hiking along the ridge-line. Very satisfying coming back down and you get great views almost the whole way.

Tom Phan (1267)

21 Completed3 Reviews

Leonora n/a (119)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Enjoyed hiking this trail. Be ready for bicyclists. They sometimes come in groups.

Dustin Hunt (168)

3 Completed6 Reviews

This is a very technical ride imo. very rewarding at the top and an awesome view of the valley below... not alot of people on the trail today which made for a fast decent.

Dustin Hunt (168)

3 Completed6 Reviews

Within the first 100' I was in my gg and sucking wind. The climb is steady and somewhat technical. The peak of each climb is tuff..over the bars. The dh is fast and careful, the rocks and ruts could throw an inexperienced rider if you're not careful. good see you next time.

Peter Gomez (226)

5 Completed6 Reviews

I have reviewed this trail before, and it is always interesting... great views & varied, unique topography. This time Chumash was the last leg of a 10-mile hike that started on Devil's Canyon at the top of Topanga on the SFV side. Gonna do it again in a couple weeks. Not an easy walk but well worth the trek. (took about 5 hrs at a casual pace.)

Dominic Riccitello (658)

27 Completed15 Reviews

I was confused. I got to the end of Chumash trail and there was nothing to see... so I just kept going till I got to the complete top. I think I combined it with something else? It ended up being 8 miles. It had decent views.

Victoria Dario (76)

12 Completed2 Reviews

Gradual hills and incline on the way out, definitely will work up a sweat. Makes the downhill on the way back even more enjoyable. One of my favorite hikes in the area!

Scott Blough (410)

3 Completed2 Reviews

My Chumash trail hike was cut a little short due to the potential for rain. It was a great trail offering nice inclines with fantastic views of Simi Valley. I look forward to coming back.

Drew Halub (425)

8 Completed6 Reviews

Nice hike cool history lot of hills