Cozy Dell Trail

#9 of 219 trails in Los Padres National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Cozy Dell Trail is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Ojai, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

anthony langston (115)

4 Completed3 Reviews

My girlfriend and I hiked this trail today and near the beginning there was an audible beep across the creek up on the mountain it was two beeps followed by a two second interval. It peeked my interestest and I wanted to climb the mountain to find out what it was but the terrain was rugged and steep and no clear trail that noise is gonna bug me for awhile any guesses what it might be?

Michael S. (92)

It was an amazing hike. The paths are well maintained and it's a little bit rocky, just the way I like it. This trail obviously connects with other trails in the Ojai mountain area. So you can spend a lot more time in the mountains, than the stated 3 miles would suggest. You wouldn't believe it, but we encountered a bear close to the sign for the foothill trail on Cozy Ojai Rd. The bear was obviously as surprised as we were. We just turned around and no harm was done to either of us.

Mandie Fulghan (46)

Eren Leberen (238)

43 Completed4 Reviews

Driving up the 33 Maricopa to the fruit warehouse, make sure there's no cars coming and park in the large space across the street. This is a gentler hike with interesting rock formations, and nice views at the peak. This will take you to Pratt trail should you have plenty of time and resources. It's about time for another visit with this perfect weather we've been having!

Karen Kochenburg (102)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I really liked this trail. I didn't see any mile markers, signposts, or animal tracks. A nice, pretty gentle incline for the first chunk. You arrive at a wide space with some boulders and a good view. From there you can go forward down a hill and then up again. There's then an enticing uphill to the left. It is very steep and keeps going and going. At some point there's ONE MORE not-so-steep trail to the left that leads to a peak and a...park bench! That's how I decided I was done. And it's possible to keep going forward and loop back to the main trail. Much better than backtracking. Great views and very peaceful hike. I saw 5 others on the trail on 7/4. Very nice!

Sandy McClure (177)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike! Lots of wildflowers! Great incline to the top!

Katie Kosmala (65)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Start at Cozy Dell hike through to Pratt with a car parked at both trailheads. Or loop around Foothill and back down Cozy Dell. Amazing vistas and wildflowers in the Springtime make this hike one of my favorites.

Laura Abrams (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Wonderful hike at cozy dell, easy to find on highway 33. Trail starts off with a nice climb up leading to incredible views of the ojai valley. The trail is nice and shaded. We hiked In and out in 2 hours. We would have liked a few more trail markers to find a loop but otherwise a perfect day.

Codie McCormack (465)

8 Completed7 Reviews

Wet! Took this trail in December, lots of hick mud patches. It was cloudy until it was rainy! Beautiful views. Lots of lovely smells of the native plants. No critters, no flowers, lots of fresh green growth, lots of mud. Very up and then a lot of up and down.

Tim Nealon (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

First off, all the reviews for this hike only entail the first "leg" of this hike. This hike BEGINS after you reach the 2.5 mile mark! on the same sign as the 2.5mi marker you'll see below it 4.5 miles to get to the top! I mean this is 4.5 miles of hard incline hiking that rarely let's up. I did this hike yesterday 7/7 at 87 degrees, and it kicked my ...! I've done this hike many times and it ALWAYS kicks your ...Prepare for this hike with plenty of water, once at the top there is a tower that offers incredible 360 views! Tim the 230lb yeti

Support