Cozy Dell Trail

#10 of 221 trails in Los Padres National Forest
Cozy Dell Trail is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Ojai, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

3.0 miles Out & Back 780 feet
Dog Friendly
hiking mountain biking dogs leash views
Hide Map

Directions from Ojai: This trail takes off from Highway 33 (8 miles north of Ojai) near Friends Ranch Packing House.

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike! It's fine to skip the circle part; lots of folks did. And it seems it's a popular through trail to somewhere beyond; you can see on the map a dotted line (Cozy Ojai Rd?). Lots of families with kids and folks with dogs (wish they'd keep them on the leash though?!). The extra circle part is very steep but up top you can see the ocean and Ana Capa and the lake Casitas; it's a great view. Be careful of that bench though. It looks not long for this world. To get to the steep part and the circle tour requires a sharp departure left from the seemingly through trail - keep your eyes peeled.

Chad Hornig

11 Completed4 Reviews

Kids loved it. Fun easy to moderate hike. Nice shade and views.

Roy Gonella

4 Completed1 Reviews

The hike to the loop is a nice easy, often shaded rise, on a well-marked trail. The loop was much steeper than expected, but we persevered and were rewarded with an amazing view and a nice resting bench at the top. The loop is about only about ¼ mile up to the top. Loads of birds and quiet solitude the whole way. Highly recommended. We are in our early 60s and did the entire hike in a little over 2 hours. Parking easy to find and sign points across the street to narrow but easy-to-find trailhead.

Emma Regalado

22 Completed1 Reviews

Good trail and very cool with oaks making a canopy over most of trail.

anthony L.

I did 8.16 miles today, saw bear tracks but were old so it eased my mind.

Hannah Hakes

22 Completed1 Reviews

Short and sweet it is straight up , and iwent when it was pretty dry so it was a little slippery because everything was very powdery I took my two dogs with me and we did just fine. Beautiful view it only took me an hour round trip

6 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome hiking trail, a few inclines, couple switch backs, trail offers shade & sun. I would definitely rate this trail as moderate. Views of Ojai Valley were beautiful, well maintained & clean trail.

Michael Batchelor

1 Completed1 Reviews

anthony L.

My girlfriend and I hiked this trail today and near the beginning there was an audible beep across the creek up on the mountain it was two beeps followed by a two second interval. It peeked my interestest and I wanted to climb the mountain to find out what it was but the terrain was rugged and steep and no clear trail that noise is gonna bug me for awhile any guesses what it might be?

Michael S.

It was an amazing hike. The paths are well maintained and it's a little bit rocky, just the way I like it. This trail obviously connects with other trails in the Ojai mountain area. So you can spend a lot more time in the mountains, than the stated 3 miles would suggest.
You wouldn't believe it, but we encountered a bear close to the sign for the foothill trail on Cozy Ojai Rd. The bear was obviously as surprised as we were. We just turned around and no harm was done to either of us.