Fairy Falls Trail (AKA Beal Falls or Shingle Falls)

Penn Valley, CA

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Also known as Ferry Falls; Hills, meadow, woods, & rocks lead to 100-foot waterfall. Formerly owned by Beale, this land was once home to a mock German town for training during WWII. Lots of protected wildlife within. Small shooting range 1/4 mile up Waldo Rd. before reaching the trailhead.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Ashley Littlejohn (63)

2 Completed2 Reviews

The drive in is rocky and long. The hike itself is an hour there and an hour back. The trees out you in shade for half of it. When you reach the waterfall, it's lovely!!! Went for a swim and everything! It's really steep and rocky to get down to the water though so make sure you can climb!

Paul Roberts (126)

1 Completed2 Reviews

6/27/2015: Deanna Jaxine Stinson and I, are paranormal investigators for Halo Paranormal Investigations. We heard reports that Fairy Falls is haunted. Here's what we found out:

Paul Roberts (126)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Krystle Taylor (336)

4 Completed5 Reviews

Great hike! I did this with my 2 year old in my Kelty Tour 1.0 carrier. Took us about 3.5 hours, as we stopped for lunch at the top of the falls. It is an easy hike if you are in ok shape, though there are some steep inclines that will take the wind out of your sails a little haha! Both myself and my 2 year old really enjoyed the hike! He thought the waterfall was amazing. You can also swim there, though we didn't.

marley thatcher (58)

2 Completed3 Reviews

marley thatcher (58)

2 Completed3 Reviews

it's one of my favorites, cool swim hole too!

Crystal Ramirez (185)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike for families and larger groups. mostly flat road and easy to walk. My 7 year came along and loved it. during summer I would recommend leaving early since its hot

Tera Huddleston (116)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Kelsey Fagan (86)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Perfect warm sunny day to spend in a swimming hole!

Jennifer Hendrix (97)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Easy and perfect for early summer mornings.

Support