Heart Rock

#1 of 136 trails in San Bernardino National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Heart Rock is a 1.9 mile out and back trail located near Cedarpines Park, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Madison Hansen (42)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We've done this twice with our dog and had a great time. There was no water due to the drought...I'm hoping there will be water the next time we do it!

Elise Scheuerman (311)

3 Completed2 Reviews

This was an easy fun trail. Great for beginner hikers. There wasn't any water running through the spring. I'll have to try this trail in the spring sometime.

Chris Miramontes (654)

14 Completed7 Reviews

This is a fun easy hike to take a new hiker on. Its also neat to check out the heart shape. I plan to do it again in the winter when there is water running. Today there was no water running.

Ashtin Record (100)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Today was my 2nd time up to the heart rock. Would def go again. I always bring my dog and she loves it as well. During the summer there isn't much water in the creek but I'm hoping when we go back In October/November well get to go in the creek. This is a trail along side of the creek, I wouldn't say this is a hike becus your pretty flat/downhill the whole way down to the heart rock. Coming back up is a little uphill but nothing to bad. Heart rock is beautiful. The peacefulness you get from just being in nature is breathtaking. Trail is mostly shaded so it's perfect for summer time. There are a few rocks and stuff you have to climb over to get a good view of the rock but my dog is pretty tough smaller dogs may not like it. I recommend this trail for someone looking for a peaceful, dog and kid friendly hike. It's not very packed when I went around 11am weekday. You can miss the heart rock stay on the trail and when your about 15-20 min in stay to the right and look down.. ❤️

Jose Davila (48)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I went to this location on Saturday June 28, 2014 with my wife. I would have loved to have seen this Heart Shaped Rock. It was extremely difficult to locate. This place had a LACK of signage to direct you to where the landmark was at. We walked for about two hours asking other hikers, if they knew the location and everyone there seemed to be lost. I plan on going back by the end of this year and finding it, but signs should be posted to guide hikers. I'm sure it would have left a nice impression. Next time.

Alexis Cornejo (59)

1 Completed1 Reviews

If you follow the direction from this app it takes you to a turnout. Park there! Walk down the road and into a camping place driveway. You'll see a little stream. Follow that stream all the way down and it takes you to heart rock. There are sigh a painted but it can get a bit tricky to see them. You'll pass a swimming pool of the camp, stick to the path on the left. It's a great hike for beginners to moderat. Some steam places but nothing bad. There is a lot of nice scenery. We even say some blue jays. It's about a 20 min hike down. Lots of shade so perfect for warm days. There are also a lot of people hiking it so I can't imagine anyone getting lost. Once you go all the way down you reach a dead end of rocks and a little water fall. That's were you see the heart rock. Careful because there is a lot of poison oak in the area. We all liked it and had fun. I would defiantly go back again!

Ahtollie Adarne (122)

6 Completed6 Reviews

visited this place a few times and love the hike. The rock is a little hard to find but the locals don't mind directing you to it. The only bad thing is the bugs. There are lots of them and they bite. I took Off and it did nothing for me.

Brian Wool (459)

8 Completed6 Reviews

Really warm day today..and since it was Memorial Day today it was moderately crowded. I hiked the "loop" and because of the tourists it only took an hour. Alltrails says my moving time was 27 min and elevation gain was 390 feet. The creek held a steady low stream of water and the heart was partially filled.

Jane DeRosa-Stever (77)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail parking was a little tricky just go past the camp to the left and follow the road till it stops. Pretty easy hike and very beautiful! Hope to do it again

Raymond Tang (50)

2 Completed2 Reviews

This is as nice hike for the family. it isn't too strenuous for those who are packing a little one in. Just make sure to look for and follow the heart signs to the fall.

Support