Heart Rock

#1 of 136 trails in San Bernardino National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Heart Rock is a 1.9 mile out and back trail located near Cedarpines Park, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kely Hull (170)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Emily Bean (60)

Aprilrose Fernandez (47)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Richard Margulieux (217)

12 Completed12 Reviews

Easy excursion near Crestline, CA.

Trailhead Access: Generally easy (4/5)
Amenities: Short enough to no require any. (N/A)
Crowds: Moderately busy (2/5)
Trail condition: Decent with lots of shade (4/5)
Wow-factor: Unique rock, with some limited climbing opportunities (2/5)

Kelly Nelson (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I took the ones most precious to my Heart to Heart Rock. You had to be a local for anyone to show and tell you of Heart Rock. And I was a new local. As you wind a

A C (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This little trail is plenty beautiful. However, it is also very popular. As a consequence, there's trash all over the place, there's markings carved into most of the trees, and there's even graffiti on some of the rocks. I suppose if you're a new hiker or not sure how far you're able to go, give this one a try. If you're experienced, however, stick to the trails less travelled. I generally want to get away from people when I hike, and this place was just too crowded for my tastes.

Angelica Morgan (54)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Advised there is a lot of trash

Connor Wiedeman (59)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Great

Megan Woloszyn (165)

16 Completed1 Reviews

Trail was short, but worth it. We brought our dog and it was a little crowded. A lot of families and other people with dogs, but you could wander off into the waterfall area and explore alone. We climbed up to the heart shaped formation and got our picture taken by another hiker higher up on the trail. The waterfall was pretty dry, but a trickle was still coming down. Took us a few hours, but we stayed at the waterfall for a while.

Yahaira Gastelum (350)