Heart Rock

#1 of 136 trails in San Bernardino National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Heart Rock is a 1.9 mile out and back trail located near Cedarpines Park, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kara S (175)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Have done this trail about 25 times in all seasons. I love it in the snow, and when the leaves change in the fall and when the water is flowing in spring. I take my dog and let him swim in the pools. It's easy and short enough but I've seen out of shape and older people have a difficult time with it as there are some inclines, so keep that in mind.

Big problem is trash and graffiti. It's gross. I'm a "flat lander" who moved up to the mountains and used to read all the bad stuff people up here said about "flat landers"... But honestly after living up here the last year I kinda feel the same way.

I watch the trail get trashed after holiday weekends or people leaving mountains of broken sleds around after a big snow.

If you're going to use the trails, please, clean up what you've brought with you!!!

Leni Zarate (155)

6 Completed12 Reviews

Leni Zarate (155)

6 Completed12 Reviews

Eric Orloski (47)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Full of trash and people. Avoid this hike.

Michelle Chassie (680)

18 Completed9 Reviews

I took my dog with me on this hike. This is the second time I have been. After seeing Heart Rock I headed further down the creek climbing over boulders and on logs. I enjoyed my morning adventure...I just wish people would take their trash out with them. It's sad to see how very little people care about the beauty of nature, and feel the need to litter or graphite the rocks.

Matthew Jackson (621)

6 Completed5 Reviews

This trail had some issues, don't let that stop you from going though. It was worth it to see heart rock but could have been much less strenuous.

Let's start with the parking and trying to find it, to find it go to camp seely and take the left fork. As for parking there are two spots, a lower and an upper. There are two different trails to heart rock, the upper parking lot for one and the lower for the other.

The two trails: the lower trail takes you along the creek, this path is not well maintained and a bit right but not overly so. There is a lot of little trails heading off from the main one but it should be easy to follow. The upper trail is more or less a service road. It's paved almost the whole way, this is the much easier path. You follow the road till you see a sign then head down the path.

Now finding heart rock: to find heart rock there is no need to go down to the creek, you can see if from a cliff. Which is the only way to see it. There aren't any signs and the trails are a bit convoluted but it's should be to hard to see and reach. Watch for others if your lost.

Heart rock was cool to see and the trail was very shady, which was nice! But there was a lot of trash. The trail was degraded, and not well maintained or loved.

My suggestion is to take the upper trail along the paved road and enjoy the rock and walk.

Crystal Perez (61)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful hike. Pushes ur body physically with the bouldery terrain. It is kid friendly but recommend taking kids age 3+ as the trail can get narrow n slippery at times. Would definitely go again though.

Michelle Chassie (680)