Heart Rock

#1 of 136 trails in San Bernardino National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Heart Rock is a 1.9 mile out and back trail located near Cedarpines Park, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Bryn Horst (107)

8 Completed1 Reviews

great hike really easy and pretty. We went right after a few days of rain so the falls were actually going too

Mando Murillo (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

How do I get to the heart rock trail ?

Melissa Supamongkol (36)

Dalia Wilde (264)

23 Completed5 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful. I went on a day after it had rained, and the forest looked mystical. Sadly there wasn't a waterfall, but the rock itself is really cute. I loved the signs that led to the rock. Really easy hike, totally worth the drive.

Desiree Darland (64)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful place,so nice to get away & enjoy nature.

Madison Hansen (42)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We've done this twice with our dog and had a great time. There was no water due to the drought...I'm hoping there will be water the next time we do it!

Elise Scheuerman (311)

3 Completed2 Reviews

This was an easy fun trail. Great for beginner hikers. There wasn't any water running through the spring. I'll have to try this trail in the spring sometime.

Chris Miramontes (818)

16 Completed7 Reviews

This is a fun easy hike to take a new hiker on. Its also neat to check out the heart shape. I plan to do it again in the winter when there is water running. Today there was no water running.

Ashtin Record (100)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Today was my 2nd time up to the heart rock. Would def go again. I always bring my dog and she loves it as well. During the summer there isn't much water in the creek but I'm hoping when we go back In October/November well get to go in the creek. This is a trail along side of the creek, I wouldn't say this is a hike becus your pretty flat/downhill the whole way down to the heart rock. Coming back up is a little uphill but nothing to bad. Heart rock is beautiful. The peacefulness you get from just being in nature is breathtaking. Trail is mostly shaded so it's perfect for summer time. There are a few rocks and stuff you have to climb over to get a good view of the rock but my dog is pretty tough smaller dogs may not like it. I recommend this trail for someone looking for a peaceful, dog and kid friendly hike. It's not very packed when I went around 11am weekday. You can miss the heart rock stay on the trail and when your about 15-20 min in stay to the right and look down.. ❤️

Jose Davila (48)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I went to this location on Saturday June 28, 2014 with my wife. I would have loved to have seen this Heart Shaped Rock. It was extremely difficult to locate. This place had a LACK of signage to direct you to where the landmark was at. We walked for about two hours asking other hikers, if they knew the location and everyone there seemed to be lost. I plan on going back by the end of this year and finding it, but signs should be posted to guide hikers. I'm sure it would have left a nice impression. Next time.

Support