Hidden Falls Trails

Auburn, CA
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Hidden Falls Trails is a 5.6 mile loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking, nature trips & walking and is accessible year-round.

Italia Rodriguez

5 Completed 1 Reviews

Went here a while ago and it was a good trail but wish there were more directions to the trail. But once I got to the water it was soooo worth it. Great for pictures and a pretty easy hike. Wish it would have been hot enough to go for a swim.

Beautiful trails

4 Completed 2 Reviews

Great for an easy hike, plus easy to get to and nice scenery. A great place to go if you only have a couple hours.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Beautiful vantage points for photography. Many waterfalls, wildflowers and wildlife. We came face to face with a full grown mountain lion. So please educate yourself on what to do if you encounter one. They are out here. Other than that, it was one of my top 5 easy hikes.

8 Completed 8 Reviews

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Perfect for all levels. Ran the entire loop. Chose 1 moderate trail to test myself. Lots of options. Waterfalls were a great reward at end. Highly recommend.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

We took 5 kids (ages 4-13) and 2 dogs - had a great time! Took us about 3 hours round trip. But we stopped had lunch and played in the water for a bit. It's beautiful but can be crowed in the afternoon. I recommend going early. The way back to the parking area was fine except mostly at an incline. But even our 5 year old handled it like a champ, albeit a few complaints from him. He loved it tho. Especially when catching pollywogs.

There are bathrooms at the parking area. Oh parking was FREE!

23 Completed 11 Reviews

What a gem for locals. I imagine it can get pretty hot and dry on some of the trails in the summer but this place is gorgeous in the spring. Expecially Creekside trail. Most all of the trails are easy to moderate and beginner mtb shouldn't have any trouble tackling the trails. There are enough trails and options to make it fun and challenging for anyone. It can get pretty crowded on weekends however even on busy weekends you can get away from the crowd by going back past the waterfalls. Most people are there to hike to the falls and back out.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I have been here before and thought today was a gorgeous day to repeat the family hike. I was unaware how many trails there are here. This locations houses many restrooms along the trails, varying levels from easy, moderate to difficult. We came around noon and it was super packed. Next time I think we will come around 9 a.m. or so. Many hikers when you start out, but there as so many trails that it starts to clear out as people take their preferred trails. We will bring our dog next time and a lunch to picnic along the way.

Support