Hidden Falls Trails

#1 of 1 trails in Hidden Falls Regional Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Hidden Falls Trails is a 5.6 mile loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking, nature trips & walking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Stasha Drzewiecki (85)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Went on Friday Sept 12 and it was very hot,over 100. Should of gone earlier but was still beautiful and glad we took a lot of water and energy bars. Will post pictures later. Going on another hike on Wed Sept 17, not sure to whjch trail yet . But love all the hiking around Auburn.

Jeff M. (202)

Nice park. We went on a Thursday afternoon. We saw very few people and the parking was free which is nice. There are many different trail options. You can do a quick loop or a much longer hike that could take a few hours. There are a good amount of covered trails and a few exposed ones(avoid - they're like a gravel road). I'll be back again, on my mountain bike.

Ernesto Fajardo (36)

Stacee Davis (119)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Every kind of terrain you need. Be prepared for the uphill on the way back. Bring plenty of water and ask the Ranger what would be suitable for the kind of day you want. There are many different options on this hike. Follow your map and explore away. We hiked 7miles in about 2.5hrs total, stopping at the waterfall for about a half hour. Loved it!

Morgan Lardizabal (106)

3 Completed3 Reviews

We had a lot of fun on this trail. I'm not sure who put that this trail is 5.6 miles. There's many different trails to choose from within the park and none easily add up to 5.6. Our route was a little over 8 miles in total, took us about 3.5 hours with some stops to enjoy the creek, 4 hours if you include our 30 minute lunch/play time at the falls. To do a real loop, we did hiked the South Legacy trail along one side of the creek, crossed the bridge, took the Creek Side trail back toward the falls, then took the Falls Access trail down to the water. Couple of fun places to play in the water. The actual falls have an outlook deck that's pretty nice. Could see this place getting too crowded to really enjoy the water though, but we went more for the hike. We only ran into about 5 people in total out on the trails (away from the water) and they were all on their way out. We got a later start, about 9:30AM. After cooling off in the water (oh and there's not so much "swimming" as there is wading/sitting and playing in water. At least for adults.) we headed back to the parking lot via the Falls Access trail and then back up the first part of the South Legacy trail. Lots of people were coming straight down to the falls when we were heading out around 1PM.

Lori Holman (97)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Took a friend on this hike for fun. We picked to do the entire Loop. It took us 4 hours. I was long but beautiful. I had done a very tough leg workout the day before.... I would not recommend doing that. It was fun and worth it. I would not recommend the entire loop for kids. To long and hard in the sun. We got unburnt so wear sun screen if you go the entire way. I have done the loop from the falls and back in December of 2013. That is a good hike for kids. Couple hours of fun. We will go back for sure!

Vishnu Das (187)

10 Completed7 Reviews

Came here with my coworker friends on a Friday on an outing. Good if you want to do something quick and want to do something else in the same day too. Moderate to easy for an experienced hiker. They have good landing areas with vantage points to view the waterfalls. Pretty easy to get to the water and there were some spots where you could get in and chill out. The trail itself has dry terrain and lots of red dust all along (be prepared to wash your shoes after)

Eddie Miller (36)