Hidden Falls Trails

#1 of 1 trails in Hidden Falls Regional Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Hidden Falls Trails is a 5.6 mile loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking, nature trips & walking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

74 Completed10 Reviews

No shortage of miles to horseback, walk, jog, ride bike. We love the location for jogging on the weekends in the colder season, after a rain especially with no dust. We can jog miles.

Aswin Thiruvengadam (73)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Went with my family in mid October. Not sure why the description shows the hike is 5.6mi, it is half that distance to the falls and back(2.8mi round trip). My entire family(me, wife, 5yr old and 10mo old) found it to be easy. The 10mo old was in a backpack carrier and she slept most of the way, so I am guessing it was easy for her. We went further up the trail to the river otter trail and it had steep shoulders in some parts and we had to hold our 5yr olds hands.

Michelle Fontes (86)

18 Completed2 Reviews

Took the hike today to the falls. It was very nice but very easy and much quicker to get to the falls than I expected after reading all the reviews here. I definitely will start around 8 or 9 am next time and do some further trails. Can't wait!

Liz Koster (72)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Fabulous and relatively easy. Rolling hills with a few big ones here and there. Shady, scenic and bathrooms on the trail!!!! Love it, it's my favorite.

Stasha Drzewiecki (85)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Went on Friday Sept 12 and it was very hot,over 100. Should of gone earlier but was still beautiful and glad we took a lot of water and energy bars. Will post pictures later. Going on another hike on Wed Sept 17, not sure to whjch trail yet . But love all the hiking around Auburn.

Jeff M. (243)

Nice park. We went on a Thursday afternoon. We saw very few people and the parking was free which is nice. There are many different trail options. You can do a quick loop or a much longer hike that could take a few hours. There are a good amount of covered trails and a few exposed ones(avoid - they're like a gravel road). I'll be back again, on my mountain bike.

Ernesto Fajardo (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Stacee Davis (119)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Every kind of terrain you need. Be prepared for the uphill on the way back. Bring plenty of water and ask the Ranger what would be suitable for the kind of day you want. There are many different options on this hike. Follow your map and explore away. We hiked 7miles in about 2.5hrs total, stopping at the waterfall for about a half hour. Loved it!

Support