Homestead Trail, Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve

#2 of 3 trails in Putah Creek Wildlife Area
Homestead Trail, Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Winters, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

4.42 miles Loop 350 feet

Vasilina R

36 Completed2 Reviews

Boston Walker

13 Completed6 Reviews

Great hike without having to drive far. Great views at the top, however I would rate this on the higher end of moderate. We packed a lunch and ate at the top.

Liz Henson

4 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail, not too far from Sacramento. I took Homestead trail to Blue Ridge trail & was rewarded with beautiful views. The trail is clean & well-maintained. Plenty of shady sections on the trail. Lots of poison oak/ivy however. Must watch where you step. I'll come back to this trail!

Amanda Bartell

32 Completed24 Reviews

We started on this trail and continued on the blue ridge trail to complete the loop. LOTS of steps, but definitely worth the gorgeous scenery. Bring lots of water!! One large water bottle per person was not enough for us. Look out for lots of lizards. Love this hike.

Lori Holman

2 Completed3 Reviews

Loved this trail. It is a little bit of a challenge I will say I loved it but if your not a hiker it will make your Glutes burn all the way to the top. Tip: Start at the end and come back to the start. It is just up the road a little bit and makes it so nice on the way out. I will do this hike many more times it was a perfect day!

Michaela Yelle

11 Completed7 Reviews

Did the loop to overlook Lake Berryessa.