Icehouse Canyon to Icehouse Saddle Trail

#8 of 195 trails in Angeles National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Icehouse Canyon to Icehouse Saddle Trail is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Mt Baldy, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen and is accessible from June until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kyle Loerzel (105)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Amazing trail all year around. I've done all 4 seasons on this trail. No service, manicured, and very peaceful. Always keep in mind this is a mountainous trail that during peak season requires mountaineering gear. All other season just be mindful of the weather, pack and dress appropriately and have fun!

Ellen K (116)

15 Completed3 Reviews

Such a fun trail. The incline makes it challenging in some places, but that's the point. Awesome workout, beautiful scenery. It doesn't get much better than this.

James Augustine (62)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I've been on this trail hundreds of times and it is always a great trail, no matter the time of year. Many parts of the trail are covered in trees, and a rushing stream beside the trail, this is a great hike. Another consideration is that there is a short drive time on mountain roads as well. My favorite by far!

Jerry Hildeman (424)

13 Completed13 Reviews

Nice trail but very busy, especially on the weekend. Get there early for parking. There was water at Columbine Spring.

Mechell L. (59)

Very strenuous. Some parts of the trail had a very narrow trail on the edge of a steep cliff. Very scary for me since I'm afraid of heights. Nice waterfalls and streams. We hiked in November. It was FREEZING.

Eric Gutierrez (47)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Tuff for someone who is not used to it, but wow what a view.

Todd Ryan (899)

55 Completed16 Reviews

This is a great hike with many and varying environments. You'll be on dirt, scrambling rocks and walking over uneven gravelly terrain. Make sure to do this one early or during a time of year that isn't very hot. I went in the middle of June with 80 degree weather. The combination of heat and elevation gain made it challenging. The elevation gain is 2600ft over 3.6 miles so you are going to be going up and up and up. Some great views are your reward for the hike. As for animals I only ran across a garter snake. This hike tends to be crowded.

Ruben Campos (104)

1 Completed1 Reviews

What a great little hike. Difficulty level I would say moderate. Wear a good pair of hiking shoes as the rocks will hurt under your feet. Make sure to fill water on the lower portion of the trail, cause once you get up top it was difficult to see water. The trail is very clear to see, I will for sure do it again. I took a hammock and rested for about 1 hour before I headed back down. I suggest trekking poles. and make sure you bring a lightweight fleece of jacket. Weather changes fast with the winds.

Maria Lopez (43)