La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in La Tuna Canyon Park
true
La Tuna Canyon Loop Trail is a 5.9 mile loop trail located near Sun Valley, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash hiking mountain biking trail running views bugs
Hide Map

Rachel Pieper Decker

7 Completed1 Reviews

This was very rough and almost dangerous trail. It had been dry for weeks and the hard-packed bleached dirt was sliding away under us on the down hill sections. I ended up sliding into a gouge made by runoff and tearing up my leg pretty badly. Great views, bring 1-2L of water as there is none around and little shade. I would agree with others that this is a moderate-difficult trail.

Nina Marquez

8 Completed0 Reviews

Killer hills if you avoid the fire road. I recommend wearing hiking shoes, or at least shoes with good grip, as the hill is super steep and loose.

Candy Harrison

3 Completed0 Reviews

We followed the route map, which included some really severe inclines that we would rate as difficult. Of course, you don't have to take those shortcuts, but they make the hike a serious workout if you do. And we would definitely recommend going up the steep hills and down the fire roads.

Noe C.

Wasn't easy I guess if you stay on the path yes it is but the steep climbs are intense

Joette Styles

1 Completed1 Reviews

Those hills killed me, but it was a great work out.

S P.

S P.

F

Lisa Liserio

4 Completed1 Reviews

Gracia Arechiga

1 Completed1 Reviews

Trail was nice and simple the hills are good for training

Daisy Navarro

3 Completed3 Reviews

Michelle Do

9 Completed1 Reviews

Love this multiple trail hike! I stayed on the East side heading South towards the communication towers. It took me 1.5 hr on incline and 1.0 hr on decline. The incline has a view of Sun Valley/Tujunga along the 210. Not until you get to the top that you will see Burbank and Downtown LA. I got a good sweat and strength training with a pace at 3.0 mph on this moderate elevation gain. Highly recommended!

Veronica Velasquez

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great Hiking ...

Ryan Villegas

2 Completed2 Reviews

This is a great hike/jog. There are a couple different trails that break off the main trail/service road that if you want a little more challenge, then those are options. They do act as shortcuts if you take some of them, but just be really careful. Better if you use them going up than coming down. They're a little frightening downward because they're so steep. But the view at the top is spectacular. I can't wait to do it on a crystal clear day

Silvio Zappasodi

17 Completed9 Reviews

They're different paths you can choose to get to the top. I parked on the road near the entrance for the 210. It was a really fun hike, narrow trails, and a lot of hills. Great, 360 degree view from the top. The various benches provide for some splendid pictures.

Jose Ferrel

2 Completed2 Reviews

Pros: Popular well maintained trail. Good spot for a family hike or pet hike. Moderate challenge if you walk it to the top; difficult if you opt to jog all or most of the route. Cons: Parking by the main trailhead can be messy if you get there too late in the morning. Also you share the trail with bikes. Lack of kiosk maps to find alternate trails. Recap: My first time was on a sunny Sunday April morning. Took me a little over an hour to the summit hiking at a very brisk pace. Then took me about 30 minutes jogging all the way down. About 8+ miles total.

Albert Ruvalcaba

13 Completed7 Reviews

The trail is wide as a street. Its all up hill. From the parking lot to the trail is steep but once you hit trail it gets easier. The trail ends around 2,850 ft above sea level. From this view you can see the San Fernando Valley,LA and Glendale.

Julio Londono

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail!!!

Dero Atakhanian

1 Completed3 Reviews

Good trail, nice n long, good climbs. Lots of bees, beautiful views.