Lake Gregory

#1 of 3 trails in Lake Gregory Regional Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lake Gregory is a 2.5 mile multiple route trail located near Crestline, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Steven & Natasha Taylor (64)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Went there for the first time today. We wanted something less strenuous as we took our two small dogs. Very nice forest setting where we took a leisurely pace and enjoyed the walk. There were plenty of people there but it didn't feel "crowded". At least a third of the people were also walking their dogs as well so we felt comfortable. Seems like most of the people were making pace and using this as a little workout although I don't remember seeing anyone actually jogging or running. Overall we enjoyed a very nice sunny day even though my wife wanted something more adventurous which I suspect will happen on the next hike!

Tom Kyle (237)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We walk our dogs here regularly. It is a very nice trail. it has the feel of being out in the forest. Crestline and Lake Gregory are one of the best kept secrets. Lake Arrowhead is well known, but all recreation facilities are for residents only. Crestline has a lot of facilities. Swimming, fishing, boats, skate park can all be found. On hot days the dogs like to wade in the water. (one warning, they are now charging for parking lots)

Bianca Bateman (131)

5 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful hike, well shaded, pretty flat trail and a very easy hike. Safe to do alone. Easy enough for all ages. Well worth doing.

Victor Chang (223)

5 Completed4 Reviews

Great short hike with the family and with dogs. The trail is relatively flat and not very rocky, so it's great for families with young kids. The path is dirt and sand, so I wouldn't recommend pushing a stroller on it. Plenty of shades. We went on a Sunday morning and saw plenty of people and dogs, but I wouldn't call it "heavy usage". There are port-a-potties by the ball park, but when we were there, there were no toilet paper. There's another bathroom with flush toilets and running water, but again, there were no toilet paper when we were there. We saw many people fishing along the lake. Just park along the side of the lake and walk down to hike and fish. There's no need to pay for parking at the Association. I would definitely recommend this trail as a short leisurely hike.

Vanessa Varela (58)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great place to take a relaxing, un-complicated, safe, fun walk. Work out stations are provided as well. Easy trail, great for kids from ages 12+

Linda Kaufmann (234)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful and very tranquil. Not a lot of people go to Lake Gregory. I like that it's not all clustered with people like Lake Arrowhead. The hike is on the perimeter of the gorgeous lake. There are random areas where work out equipment was installed so we can work out as we hike. There were also monkey bars. I would highly recommend this one.

Katherine Magana (361)

16 Completed1 Reviews

Very nice and relaxing trail around the lake. I did the fitness trail too & found it to be a perfect workout addition to the easy trail. Would definitely do it again. I took my 3 young girls and my dog & It was a Pleasurable. There is also a dog park too.

Carlos Abrille (359287)

613 Completed585 Reviews

One of the best Lakes to actually hike, because there's a lot of shade and benches along the trail. The views around the lake is a constant surprise and transformation at different points because you're walking through many trees and every opening shows a view of the Lake like a vignette to a picturesque painting. You'll be surprised to see how popular fishing as a sport to the this community as well. Very interesting to see diverse age group and gender that participate, the locations they choose to go find that perfect spot is intriguing. There's a designated swimming area and a water park that requires a fee. Don't even think about swimming anywhere else on this Lake, they have Security that patrol the Lake.

Support