Lake Gregory Trail

EASY
#1 of 2 trails in Lake Gregory Regional Park
Lake Gregory Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Crestline, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding fishing fly fishing hiking scenic driving snowshoeing trail running walking forest lake views wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Lake Gregory is a 2.5 mile multiple route trail located near Crestline, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kimberley Kane-Branscum

1 Completed1 Reviews

took the whole family. 2.5 and 5.5 year olds made it all the way around the lake

Justin Rote

5 Completed2 Reviews

Nice easy cruise around the lake.

Joanna Boughton

1 Completed1 Reviews

the scenery was beautiful but the trail was so short (maybe half a mile between parking lots and boat house) and so close to civilisation (houses highways ect) that it became boring very quickly. everytime I started to feel like I was in nature all I had to do was look up and see all the houses and the bridge with cars on it and it reminded me there would be no real feeling of the outdoors here. the small town close by was cute and the houses looked beautiful but when I drive a hour and a half to be with nature the last thing I want to see is any sign of civilisation.

Dinora Leyva

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great place to go with the family.
easy to find, we had a a great time definitely will go back again.

Deanna Dodd

3 Completed3 Reviews

Nice walk anyone can do....

Michele Ibarra

22 Completed3 Reviews

Beautiful views. Awesome little hike

LaRena Garcia

12 Completed4 Reviews

It was good! Cold but good and very kid friendly

Jordan Winslow

2 Completed2 Reviews

practically the only water left in CA and somehow people have this at 4 stars? lmao, no this is 5 stars, the hike around the lake is moderate, long enough to get exercise but flat enough so less experienced hikers can do it, then there are many trails nearby that wind up and around the lake. It's the nicest place I've been since I moved to CA aside from the L.A. Arboretum. And I've been to most of the Hotspots around here and this is the least trashed, most beautiful and there are ducks and other animals everywhere!

Zabrina Manning

4 Completed4 Reviews

More of a walk than a hike but a good distance.

Lucy Gomez

26 Completed8 Reviews

Nice easy stroll around the lake. If you're a beginner this is a nice one, however if you're as me this may be just a nice family activity todo. I went with my entire family that are it hikers and they liked it. The views of the lake and trees are spectacular.

BIRGIT Braue

15 Completed12 Reviews

We do this one every visit with the dog. It's a nice walk or run before breakfast and the lake is gorgeous. When no one is around you can even let the dog play in the lake (don't tell anyone ;-). I love this to one...my goal is to be able to run/jog it without stopping someday.

Klaudia Mazurek

4 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful easy trail, love the workout stations.

Kara S

6 Completed5 Reviews

Easy and great for an hour or so of exercise. I do all the little workouts around and can almost actually do a pull-up!

Great for spotting fish and turtles and pretty blue herons.

Kyle Loerzel

6 Completed6 Reviews

Loved this trail, lived in Crestline for a year and hit the trail all year several times a week. Fun for all ages, safe, and well maintained. Pleased to add this to my list of favorites.

Vanessa H.

Beautiful

Alexis N.

The trail is very pretty and really easy to do. I love doing trails by water and this one didn't disappoint. The only thing that kind of sucked is when the trail goes around the paid beach/water park area because you have to walk next to the main road. But besides that it's something fun to do when you don't want an intense hike.

Jr Konceded

7 Completed1 Reviews

Kylie Garcilaso

1 Completed1 Reviews

Went during the week around 10:30am... It has been a warm week so to have most of the trail shaded was perfect. I brought my dog, she's a little older and not used to trail walks, but loved it. Saw many others walking and playing with their own dogs as well, so it was a friendly environment. Saw 'stations' which were exercise related which I thought was a great idea to have along the route. Lake is beautiful and have full view of it during most of the trail.

Sarah B.

It's pretty up there, close to my house and the trail has good shade! We be going back but plan on spending more time!

Steven & Natasha Taylor

11 Completed2 Reviews

Went there for the first time today. We wanted something less strenuous as we took our two small dogs. Very nice forest setting where we took a leisurely pace and enjoyed the walk. There were plenty of people there but it didn't feel "crowded". At least a third of the people were also walking their dogs as well so we felt comfortable. Seems like most of the people were making pace and using this as a little workout although I don't remember seeing anyone actually jogging or running. Overall we enjoyed a very nice sunny day even though my wife wanted something more adventurous which I suspect will happen on the next hike!