Lake Natoma Trail

EASY
#1 of 1 trails in Natoma Station Mini Park B
true
Lake Natoma Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orangevale, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding fishing hiking mountain biking nature trips road biking sea kayaking trail running walking horses lake views wild flowers
Hide Map

Millie Coulombe

7 Completed3 Reviews

it's been a while since I have done any regular hiking and my boyfriend and I want to start doing it more so we figured we would give this one a try. it was a good hike/walk. thinks to keep in mind when preparing for it. Sunscreen and a hat are a must! I'm pretty fair and my boy friend is darker, we both got burnt, me worse than him but it is still noticable. bring lots of water if you're going to do it as a good part of the trail is without cover. there are several picnic tables on the folsom side. I suggest walking until you fine one with a view of the lake. it was a good starter. I think shorter hikes with the pups for a little while before we try to tackle another longer one.

Contento Losport

5 Completed0 Reviews

Jody F.

Ken Ippoliti

1 Completed0 Reviews

Really fun trail on mountain bike with a good mix of trail types. A good deal of fun single track.

Yesica Vergara

7 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail, even tho bikers are a bit rude even if you stay on your lane. Other than that is great!!!
Kids love skipping rocks.
We start behind Dos Coyotes.

Raylee Zhao

4 Completed2 Reviews

Allen Ortillo

11 Completed4 Reviews

A lot of cyclist because it is made for them. Preferred terrain instead of pavement coz is not good for your feet and legs if not use to it but we still did 12miles. So not bad for the goal but will not be back unless we get into cycling

Kathy V.

I love the trails. The only down side is that some of the bikers don't like having pedestrians on the trails, even though we stay in our lane.

Katie Schroeder

Katie Schroeder

Super

Mina J

17 Completed5 Reviews

Very easy trail. We saw 2 deers today.

Biagio Guadagnolo

11 Completed11 Reviews

One of my favorite local trails.

Jeff M.

This was a great easy trail. Minor elevation changes. About 11.5 miles total. There were a good amount of bikers and joggers but it wasn't terrible. If you try and start at Negro Bar Park like I did, you end up paying 10.00 to park. I highly recommend parking on a side street somewhere nearby. The whole trail was paved but there are plenty of offshoots to go on which are dirt.

Jennie Mendez

1 Completed1 Reviews

Wonderful workout, beautiful view and great tan lol

Audrey W.

The directions given from the app shoot you up into a residential area where you have to park then follow a chain link fence down to the lake, but there were tons of much better options to park at that we saw once we were down there. It was steep and hot on the way back up. Should have done more research but anyhow! Once down there the lake is lovely and the bike trail rapped around the lake is paved and wide enough for everyone. Everyone we encountered were super nice and cautious. We took our German shepherd, she loved the water and watching the ducks. Only thing she didn't love was the HOT pavement on her paws so it may be best to not go on a hot day with your dog. We were on the more exposed side but altogether it was a lovely trip. Will definitely be going back for kayaking.

Brandi Borkent

5 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful trail on the east side, very scenic. West side more exposed to sun with little shade. Wide enough on paved area to let cyclists pass easily, but some of the off road walking paths were a little tight for bikers to ride around. Some good bird watching in the area. Very dog friendly.

Dale Johnson

30 Completed23 Reviews

This was a great area started the first hike up on the bluffs. The second time started at negro bar and went to the aquatic center mostly on dirt trails. Loved it

Erik Owens

10 Completed12 Reviews

This trail was not difficult to find but if you are not acquainted with the bike trail getting to the Lake Natoma Trail can be frustrating. But once you are on it,....wow. Other than the falling rocks from the near by cliffs and rare and rumored Mountain Lion sightings this trail is beautiful. Lots of wildflowers, fish, animals, and of course birds. It takes you by the Negro State Park which is a nice little rest as well. Enjoy!

Sean D

3 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail! Completely paved trail, with some off road single track trails looping around the lake. Very easy!

Maggie Aguirre

11 Completed4 Reviews

This trail was great! It had some uphill challenges that really got your heart going. Overall, very peaceful, not too crowded, and a beautiful ride along the lake.