Main Divide Road

MODERATE
#27 of 114 trails in Cleveland National Forest
l>
Main Divide Road is a 28.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Lake Elsinore, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round.

28.3 miles Point to Point
off road driving
Hide Map

Keith Downey

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great time...brought my Polaris RZR 1000 turbo had no problems with the terrain, great views!!

Zachary Ellis

2 Completed2 Reviews

Took my Subaru Outback out for a spin today on the trail. Saw some awesome views and beautiful terrain! Definitely doable with any 4x4 drive car, my Subaru did fine but definitely would have been helpful to have a little more ground clearance. Only got about 8 miles in before turning around so I didn't do the complete trail but had a great time! Very highly recommended!!!

Travis Harris

2 Completed1 Reviews

Very fun drive. My wife and I took our dogs out for some 4x4 fun. There were a few spots that you could tell people chickened out on, leaving some big ruts in the road while they turned around after being stuck. All in all the trip was beautiful and very easily managed outside of 4x4. We have a Toyota 4Runner. There's a lot of different routes to take. I'm not sure if it comes out on the other side, but we have spent hours out there having fun. We stop to let the dogs out regularly and they can't get enough! Stop often and hike up for some spectacular views, particularly during sunrise/sunset.

Erika Hernandez

1 Completed1 Reviews

we tried to off road today, but the white gate was closed.

Frank Sanchez

2 Completed3 Reviews

Update to my review for any first timers. If your following the apps directions through your smart phone it's going to route you to make a left or right turn into nothing/no entrance depending on where your coming from. Don't let this confuse you as there is a road with a sign that says main divide. For me coming from Lake Elsinore I needed to make a right into this road which was about a quarter mile before my Navigation said to make a left to get onto the starting road.

Now drive until you see I think it's called blue jay campground, pass that about another 1.5 miles until you wrap around a mountain and to your far left will see an open white gate leading up into a rocky trail. Now the trail actually begins (4x4 mandatory)

Frank Sanchez

2 Completed3 Reviews

Had a great time yesterday with my kids and Fiancé off roading in our new 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 Sport. It was a nice break in course and close to home since we're from Lake Elsinore but definitely ready for some rougher terrain given how easy the truck took on this one. Overall great time though.

Jeremy Hong

9 Completed8 Reviews

This is a great off road experience for my first time. Not too difficult, but a great place to get a good feel and learn your vehicle when off roading. Depending on what part of the road you start and head there were some steep roads (but uphill and downhill) with lots of rocks. Overall a very fun place to visit with lots of long trails. Found my way out at Indian truck trail. Have come back at least 2 more times since and visited the Santiago peak (radio towers)

Thomas Huckaby

6 Completed1 Reviews

Fun trail ride! It is really bumpy due to the rocks which can get old after a while, but the views are awesome! To get to the trail start on North Main Divide Truck Trail, not the one where the pin is. Besides that confusion it was pretty simple to find. Also once you get to the top you can take Indian Truck Trail out and it will drop you off close to I-15. This is shorter than following the main divide and similar in difficulty level. We had a great time though!

Keith Motte

8 Completed4 Reviews

I did the south section of this trail. The trail was easy, that is if the highest and drop offs don't unnerve you. I was heading to the Wildomar OHV trail from Ortega hwy. I only did 6 mils of this trail and decided to turn back as it was getting late.

Janet Shaw

2 Completed2 Reviews

We enjoyed the trail. Scene views of Lake Elsinore and the Ocean were beautiful. It was bumpy, rocky and hard for us beginners to find the right roads but buying a GPS might help us. We did run into very light snow and ice on the ground. Also, no identifiable birds or animals(one squirrel. The views and at times forest atmosphere of clean air and nature were fabulous.