Marshall Canyon Trail

EASY
#1 of 1 trails in Marshall Canyon Regional Park
true
Marshall Canyon Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly hiking mountain biking trail running walking horses river views
Hide Map

Marshall Canyon Park: Marshall Canyon Trail is a 4.1 mile trail located near La Verne, California. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. Mix of Single Track and fire road.

Daniel Purcell

1 Completed0 Reviews

I suggest doing this trail a little differently. First, park at oak Mesa park at the top of wheeler. Then, take the sidewalk east, over the bridge and onto Los Robles street. Keep going east onto orange wood, and the trailhead will be on your left. It's absolutely beautiful, and when we went today, at around dusk we heard probably a hundred frogs for the last hour. Amazing.

Kelli Gonzales

4 Completed0 Reviews

Love this place

Alisa Fletcher-Tarrant

2 Completed0 Reviews

It was a great walk. The route that listed is not the actual trail but 75% fire road with about 25% trail at the end. I definitely like it in the spring time and it is about 50% shaded which is wonderful.

RACHEL M

10 Completed0 Reviews

Michele Estrella- Horner

2 Completed0 Reviews

Joined pro moments before taking this hike and grateful I did. The hike started out great but went south after halfway through. The program drained my phone battery quickly causing my phone to die. I began to follow the same path so I thought and then began to learn we were lost and drifted off the proper trail. When I got signal again from my son's phone I download this program into his phone and was able to find our way back to the proper trail and make it back to our vehicle. My phone was at 100% when we started and was off the trail by 1,5 miles when i was able to get signal from my son's. Had I not had app not sure what would have happened. A 3.5 mile hike turned into 6.3 miles and 4.5 hours. will be carrying a battery pack for phone just in case. Was a nice hike just pay attention to signs and your map.

Ryan Cornelius

Ben Johnson

1 Completed0 Reviews

Was a good starter hike for my family. Trails are well maintained and still green. Not a lot of water in the creek but enough to attract the wildlife.

Looking forward to getting up there with my mountain bike soon.

Rafael Reyes

Carlos Jover

4 Completed1 Reviews

Gene Leslie

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike, very easy. There are many branches off the main trail. A lot of mountain bikers. Very polite. Saw (5) deer.

Stacy H.

Trail is currently closed due to recent mountain lion sightings.

Emilia c.

Nice and easy.there is the opportunity, to see a lot of dear very close.

Stacy H.

Great trail, really easy.... Love the scenry.

Dawn L.

Love this one!

James R Wilson

61 Completed35 Reviews

This hike is adjacent to Claremont Wilderness Loop (it interects it, and shares probably 1/3 mile where both trails meet). Few notes - Marshall Canyon is as pretty as Claremont Wilderness with FAR fewer people. Parking here is free (as opposed to Claremont Wilderness). For the GRAND LOOP, you should definitely consider combining both loops for around 10 miles of really good and reliable trail. That would be a sweet workout. FYI - I was told that on the Claremont side, if you are caught with your dog off leash, you will get a fine, the same IS NOT true for the Marshall Canyon side. These trails are used by hikers, joggers, and bikers.

Michael G.

A nice trail. It's starts off rather ugly but gets nicer. It can be a bit confusing at times since there's sort of a lot of small paths and ways to go.

Keo Chhat

1 Completed1 Reviews

It's want of the place that we found so far. Nice down hill not too difficult.many trail to discover. Over all good place for mountain bike. We love it!

Daniel Coronel

1 Completed1 Reviews

Love this ride when I go mountain bike riding , SUPER FUN!!!

Leanne Coon

26 Completed16 Reviews

Great trails just watch out for the mountain bikers