Marshall Canyon Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Marshall Canyon Regional Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Marshall Canyon Park: Marshall Canyon Trail is a 4.1 mile trail located near La Verne, California. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding.

Mix of Single Track and fire road.

From 210 Freeway:
Exit Fruit St.
Go north 1 block on Fruit (toward the hills) to Base Line Rd, turn L (west).
Go 0.3 miles to Esperanza Dr, turn R (north).
Go 2.1 miles to Stephens Ranch Rd, turn R (north)
Go 1.0 mile to parking at equestrian assembly area (dirt lot on R), 6550 Stephens Ranch Rd

Dirt lot designated Equestrian Assembly Area. Trail access at NE corner of lot.

7 Completed 1 Reviews

So I think I found it, at least the parking lot, but there's like 3 trailheads to take, not sure which one is the loop, I took 2 and they didn't seem to meet up... The map start point looks different than where I was..

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Great view. The directions on here were incorrect.

Person_placeholder

4 Completed 1 Reviews

My husband and I did this trail with our dogs. This trail starts off with a slightly rocky downhill path and it takes you to a beautiful tree filled path. We were lucky enough to see deer along the path. This is one of my favorite trails and it isn't very difficult.

14 Completed 13 Reviews

Really easy hike. Nice scenery. My only concern was how the horse riders deal with all the mountain bikers.I saw hoof prints but no horses. My horse is familiar with bikes but not coming around a down hill corner. So hiking is nice and fine but I think I"ll leave the horse at home on this one.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Icon_14bc5c312b0850c59626b96c2b1afe57

8 Completed 1 Reviews

This is one of my favorite places to hike! Love the streams, trees, and views. Lots of Mtn bikers and narrow trails so make sure you step aside so they can pass. Friendly people and plenty of shade.

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Spider web of trails!

47 Completed 42 Reviews

My friends and I did a Santa hat hike in Marshall canyon today. There were a lot of mountain bikers but they were all nice and were careful around us. There was a stream flowing and a few rope swings. Very shady and cool, mature beautiful trees. Lots of horse poop!

30 Completed 22 Reviews

My friends and I wore our Santa hats and enjoyed this hike! Not very difficult and weather was perfect!

Icon_4ea7c9deca611cd41143c76d1bb4769d

1 Completed 4 Reviews

Heading to Marshall tomorrow for a easy ride! Any takers???

Support