Marshall Canyon Trail

EASY
#1 of 1 trails in Marshall Canyon Regional Park
Marshall Canyon Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding hiking mountain biking nature trips trail running walking horseback riding forest river views wild flowers
Hide Map

Mix of Single Track and fire road.

Denise Gilligan

3 Completed1 Reviews

Nice, well kept trail, wonderful view, but far too crowded for my taste.

Preston Radomsky

Awesome trail.

Sharon Pulcini

2 Completed2 Reviews

This trail is awesome to get away from the hussel and bussel of the city. Wild life is everywhere, deer, hawk, owl and birds. The trail is easy to moderate depending which way you go, but worth the time.

Abel Calderon

4 Completed2 Reviews

Dango Poompuang

2 Completed1 Reviews

easy enough for those that walk regularly.

Daniel Purcell

1 Completed1 Reviews

I suggest doing this trail a little differently. First, park at oak Mesa park at the top of wheeler. Then, take the sidewalk east, over the bridge and onto Los Robles street. Keep going east onto orange wood, and the trailhead will be on your left. It's absolutely beautiful, and when we went today, at around dusk we heard probably a hundred frogs for the last hour. Amazing.

Kelli Gonzales

5 Completed1 Reviews

Love this place

Alisa Fletcher-Tarrant

2 Completed2 Reviews

It was a great walk. The route that listed is not the actual trail but 75% fire road with about 25% trail at the end. I definitely like it in the spring time and it is about 50% shaded which is wonderful.

RACHEL M

10 Completed10 Reviews

Michele Estrella- Horner

2 Completed1 Reviews

Joined pro moments before taking this hike and grateful I did. The hike started out great but went south after halfway through. The program drained my phone battery quickly causing my phone to die. I began to follow the same path so I thought and then began to learn we were lost and drifted off the proper trail. When I got signal again from my son's phone I download this program into his phone and was able to find our way back to the proper trail and make it back to our vehicle. My phone was at 100% when we started and was off the trail by 1,5 miles when i was able to get signal from my son's. Had I not had app not sure what would have happened. A 3.5 mile hike turned into 6.3 miles and 4.5 hours. will be carrying a battery pack for phone just in case. Was a nice hike just pay attention to signs and your map.

Ryan Cornelius

Ben Johnson

1 Completed1 Reviews

Was a good starter hike for my family. Trails are well maintained and still green. Not a lot of water in the creek but enough to attract the wildlife.

Looking forward to getting up there with my mountain bike soon.

Rafael Reyes

2 Completed4 Reviews

Hiking

Christine Guerrero

Carlos Jover

4 Completed1 Reviews

Gene Leslie

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike, very easy. There are many branches off the main trail. A lot of mountain bikers. Very polite. Saw (5) deer.

Stacy H.

Trail is currently closed due to recent mountain lion sightings.

Emilia c.

Nice and easy.there is the opportunity, to see a lot of dear very close.

Stacy H.

Great trail, really easy.... Love the scenry.

Dawn L.