Mount Wilson Trail

HARD
#2 of 4 trails in Arcadia Wilderness Park
true
Mount Wilson Trail is a 12.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, CA that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash birding hiking mountain biking nature trips trail running walking forest views waterfall wild flowers wildlife bugs scramble
Hide Map

210 to Baldwin Avenue. Baldwin north to Mira Monte. Mira Monte east (right) to trailhead located behind historic general store.

María Moreno

formidable

Kurt Womack

10 Completed0 Reviews

A good hike! Strenuous and a constant climb on the way up. On the way down, if you take the old toll road, be careful not to miss the connection to the mt Wilson trail or you may end up on the wrong side of the mountain (I parked at chantry flats but ended up at bennenger flats.). Although the signage was nonexistent, if I had read my guide info carefully, I wouldn't have missed it. Anyhow, good views and a good hike! After the climb, go eat at the Original Top's burgers on east Colorado in Pasadena. Great food!

Larz Strayer

1 Completed0 Reviews

It was good but there is never enough parking

Gina Long

1 Completed0 Reviews

This trail changed my life! I try to go to first water at least once or twice a week and to orchard camp every other week! I also go to the top every year on my birthday! It's beautiful, rigorous and rugged! I think of the creek at first water as my church. It has a profound energy!

Belle Cook

Hard, but awesome!

Virinia Staley

4 Completed0 Reviews

Great hike in February

Sarah T.

Mona H.

9 Completed2 Reviews

We were expecting The Gabrielino Trail to be more like a maintained trail, and not debris, leaves, rock, gravel etc. It feels like that contributed to fatigue. We took The Winter Creek Trail down, and after a few minutes the trail is easier to walk on. Start early and of course hiking is always an adventure.

Mona H.

9 Completed2 Reviews

Brian Prado

6 Completed2 Reviews

it was a beautiful experience, the trail can be narrow but just be careful and wear appropriate clothing and shoes and you'll be good, ohh and take extra water it can be easy going down but heading up its quite difficult

Adam Bracklow

4 Completed5 Reviews

This hike was awesome , saw a bear about 8 feet away from the trail . Never will forget that

Shin bum Lee

4 Completed1 Reviews

Matthew Ballew

25 Completed25 Reviews

Very steep and interesting, but lots of people and a giant parking lot at the top so I'm not sure if this for the people who like to get away from society.

Paget Kagy

Vanessa Paredes

1 Completed1 Reviews

I loved this hike. It is difficult but it is totally worth it. Beautiful view from the top. There's a water refill station on the top and restrooms. I definitely recommend doing this hike.

Sahniah Lambert

Mui Lam

Very good

Cheryl Holcomb

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Very steep. Excellent workout! Will definitely do again!