Mount Wilson Trail

#2 of 6 trails in Arcadia Wilderness Park
Mount Wilson Trail is a 13.6 mile out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.76 miles Out & Back 4740 feet
Dog Friendly
hiking mountain biking walking bugs dogs leash forest
Hide Map

210 to Baldwin Avenue. Baldwin north to Mira Monte. Mira Monte east (right) to trailhead located behind historic general store.

Mui Lam

Very good

Cheryl Holcomb

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Very steep. Excellent workout! Will definitely do again!

paula McMahon

2 Completed1 Reviews

Don Bennett

22 Completed22 Reviews

Pretty nice hike, not much of a payoff at the top.

Paul Liaw

1 Completed1 Reviews

Very good training trail for strenuous hike in term of distance and elevation gain.

Carlos Velázquez

4 Completed4 Reviews

Ronda Butorovich

2 Completed3 Reviews

Loved the hike today - beautiful morning not too hot and not crowded. Perfect for my Mt Whitney prep.

Allan D.

Great! I've not done this trail in 40+ years.

Patricia Padilla

2 Completed1 Reviews

I normally do 10 mile hikes round trip and I'm used to climbing stairs (culver city stairs) as my daily workout but this hike kicked my butt. It was easy at first but once you get to the last 3 miles to Mt. Wilson is was steep and exhausting but I made it. I probably wasn't as prepared to do this hike physically as I thought I was but it can be done! :)
I ended up going 18 miles round trip according to my Fitbit. It was beautiful and peaceful. I barely saw other hikers after Sturtevant falls. I did see some deer and lots of squirrels that freaked me out because I kept thinking it was a bear!
I started out at 10:40am and got back at 6:40pm. It took me 8 hours with lots of water breaks and small break at the top for lunch.

Ronda Butorovich