Mount Wilson Trail

#2 of 6 trails in Arcadia Wilderness Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mount Wilson Trail is a 13.6 mile out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Carlos Velázquez (146)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Ronda Butorovich (96)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Loved the hike today - beautiful morning not too hot and not crowded. Perfect for my Mt Whitney prep.

Allan D. (190)

Great! I've not done this trail in 40+ years.

Patricia Padilla (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I normally do 10 mile hikes round trip and I'm used to climbing stairs (culver city stairs) as my daily workout but this hike kicked my butt. It was easy at first but once you get to the last 3 miles to Mt. Wilson is was steep and exhausting but I made it. I probably wasn't as prepared to do this hike physically as I thought I was but it can be done! :)
I ended up going 18 miles round trip according to my Fitbit. It was beautiful and peaceful. I barely saw other hikers after Sturtevant falls. I did see some deer and lots of squirrels that freaked me out because I kept thinking it was a bear!
I started out at 10:40am and got back at 6:40pm. It took me 8 hours with lots of water breaks and small break at the top for lunch.

Ronda Butorovich (96)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Great hike today!!

Anthony Caballero (167)

7 Completed3 Reviews

Not for a beginner it is all uphill from the bottom took multiple breaks going up. There is a cafe and hopefully it's open when you go. It is hard but the view is very rewarding when you get to the very top.there is a watering station as always water is very important. The minimum amount of water I'd say two liters. I drank about 5 liters on the whole hike. The view is beautiful from the top id go on again for a great workout it's ALL uphill I say. Hardest part is going up going down isn't too bad

Vicky Do (182)

11 Completed14 Reviews

Vicky Do (182)

11 Completed14 Reviews

Emy Lomibao (117)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Challenging but the scenery was worth it. We started our hike at 9am and came back down at 4pm. We made a number of stops to take in the beauty of the mountains and the city below. I recommend to go down and enjoy the cool waters of the creek at the Manzanita Ridge.

Robert C. (186)

8 Completed8 Reviews

Great hike! This was my first time up this trail with more shade than I expected on the trail and there were even cool breezes in the shaded areas. Beautiful vistas, but very hot on the lower part of the trail. The Cosmic Café at the top of Mt. Wilson was a pleasant surprise.