Old Stagecoach Road

#1 of 1 trails in Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park
Old Stagecoach Road is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Chatsworth, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for trail running and is accessible year-round.

4.0 miles Out & Back 1050 feet
Hide Map

Don Bennett

22 Completed22 Reviews

One of my favorite mid week hikes!

Jeremy Engleman

11 Completed9 Reviews

About as neat as a trail in Los Angeles Incorporated can get. Sunrise views are pretty epic.

Karmela Germar

8 Completed2 Reviews

Pretty good hike. Not too difficult.

Alissia S.

I hiked this trail ever since i could hike! since i was like 4 or 5. i know the chatsworth mountains like the back of my hand! in high school my friends and i would ditch class and smoke pot in these hidden areas i found for us. we called them our secret spots. I remember once i was so upset with my family that I ran away with a sleeping bag some food and a back pack full of my camping gear and stayed in the mountains for 3 days and 2 nights. i found some amazing spots there. i could never get lost there. i was always comfortable. as i got older my friends and I dropped acid here and over all enjoyed our adventures in nature. we almost never stuck to any specific trail we would just have a blast and find new spots! this is home for me. i cant believe i moved so far away from here… i miss it sooo much. damn, i just made my self cry. ='( home sick!

Shasta Marie

8 Completed6 Reviews

This is one of my favorite local trails, since it's not too far from where I live. Lots of cool rock formations to climb on, nice views and other little hiking trails to discover. There is no shade, so get there early! The hills aren't too steep so it's an easy to moderate hike depending on which trails you take. Being plenty of water and sunscreen. Not many hikers around here, so it's a pretty peaceful hike.

Ned Clark

42 Completed5 Reviews

This is a very nice trail; great views, awesome history and well maintained. In fact the whole Santa Susana State Park is very nice - lots of trails criss-crossing everywhere. Great for dogs - but watch out for rattlers!

Steve Lang

2 Completed1 Reviews

This is a nice little jaunt, not too difficult. There are a lot of cool rock formations. The route shown by AllTrails meanders a bit, I take a straighter path and measured my round trip to the marker (the white sign) and back at 2.5 miles.

I like this hike for historical value. It started as an old Indian footpath, and "served as the main commercial overland route between Los Angeles and San Francisco between 1861 and 1875, with three stages a week leaving Los Angeles. Although the journey north was about 400 miles and took three days, the most difficult part was crossing the Santa Susanas."

Lahikereviews.com Wilson