Rubicon Trail

#1 of 3 trails in D. L. Bliss State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Rubicon Trail is a 8 mile out and back trail located near south lake tahoe, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until September.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Carin Chumbley (583)

23 Completed27 Reviews

We hiked from DL Bliss to Vikingsholm and back. Such a beautiful hike, amazing views of the lake the entire way. I would rate it as easy, fairly flat with just a few gentle slopes. We spent most of the day doing it because we ate our lunches in Emerald Bay and toured Vikingsholm. I highly recommend it!

Crystal Ramirez (574)

11 Completed12 Reviews

If you want to experience Lake Tahoe in a different way, this is a great hike. Beautiful views that can only be seen on this hike or by boat. Cant wait until we can go with our family

Grace Isaacson (1108)

48 Completed14 Reviews

Christopher Ireland (140)

5 Completed3 Reviews

Extraordinary hike that winds down to the water and back up around the rim. You should pack a lunch, stop to swim and give it a full day to enjoy. Parking is awful during the high tourist seasons so plan accordingly.

Katrina Kimber (71)

3 Completed3 Reviews

I hike this at least once a year! Great hike to bring new people. So pretty and very easy. Make sure you hike ALL the way to the top of Eagle Falls for lunch, not just to Vikingsholm.

Connie Bowland (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Such beautiful views of the lake! Take polarized sunglasses !

Kerry Golub (57)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing views! I've hiked it twice and I recommend it to everyone. I agree it's a moderate hike. An even amount of up and down, shade and sun, and some rock climbing.

Darrell Bosacki (424)

13 Completed4 Reviews

Spectacular views!

Christian Jones (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Anais Tomlinson (714)

41 Completed7 Reviews

Pretty easy trail, has some nice views of the lake. Kind of the same scenery for an 8 mile hike though.

Support