Rubicon Trail

#1 of 3 trails in D. L. Bliss State Park
Rubicon Trail is a 8 mile out and back trail located near south lake tahoe, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until September.

8.0 miles Out & Back 2275 feet
hiking lake views wildlife
Hide Map

Directions from South Lake Tahoe: Take Highway 89 north 10 miles to D.L. Bliss State Park. There is a fee for day use parking.

Hilary Willard

127 Completed8 Reviews

Christine S.

BEAUTIFUL!! the entire trail is spectacular views, started out at Calawee Cove and ended up Vikingsholm where I had lunch, watches the kayakers and paddle boarders from the beach. it is 4.6 miles from cove to castle, went in mid September, probably ran into 15-20 people the way there and back, so not too crowded. It was hot when I got back, and there is great beach access at the cove for a quick dip in the lake to cool off. can't wait to do this hike again, all the way to Eagle Falls next time.

Dennis and Mary Kirk

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail but the length is misleading. If you start at Dl Bluss State Park add at least 1 1/2 to 2 miles each way to get to trailhead from parking lot. I mile each way if you start at the other end. We used the bus parked at one end and took a bus back to our car. Still 8 miles plus to hike one way.

sherry chappell

5 Completed3 Reviews

Beautiful views of the lake. We started at the vikingsholm entrance. Easy hiking down from there and along trail. Hard part was hiking back out of vikingsholm after hiking 6 miles. It was also more crowded but views made it worth it.

Hilary Willard

127 Completed8 Reviews

Jessa Shivo

6 Completed6 Reviews

My favorite hike, it is so beautiful.

Michelle Ingersoll

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome hike. Started in the Lighthouse trail and then merged to the Rubicon. Took it just shy of the entrance to Emerald Cove. Would love to do it again and finish it.

Carin Chumbley

25 Completed29 Reviews

We hiked from DL Bliss to Vikingsholm and back. Such a beautiful hike, amazing views of the lake the entire way. I would rate it as easy, fairly flat with just a few gentle slopes. We spent most of the day doing it because we ate our lunches in Emerald Bay and toured Vikingsholm. I highly recommend it!

Crystal Ramirez

13 Completed14 Reviews

If you want to experience Lake Tahoe in a different way, this is a great hike. Beautiful views that can only be seen on this hike or by boat. Cant wait until we can go with our family

Grace Isaacson