Schabarum Regional Park: Schabarum Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 3 trails in Schabarum Regional Park
Schabarum Regional Park: Schabarum Trail is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rowland Heights, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash hiking mountain biking trail running walking horseback riding wildlife
Hide Map

George George Cardenas

1 Completed1 Reviews

very good hike. good workout. kid friendly. we even seen snakes and deers and rabbits. would definitely do it again.

Tania B

7 Completed4 Reviews

Lily Yu

Laura Ann

17 Completed11 Reviews

Great hike if you're looking for a good workout. Plenty of steep challenging hills, great views. Didn't see any wildlife which I was kind of bummed about. Make sure to take money for parking $6 and plenty of water.

Leanne Coon

26 Completed16 Reviews

Well used on the weekend but wide enough that you don't feel crowded. For free parking, find a spot on the south corner of Azusa and Colima or start at powder canyon and connect up with this trail. It's not quite as solitary as a mountain trail because the horseshoe shape trail goes around the park but it is still a great hike. Will definitely do it again.

Ursus J.

seen Deer and even a bob cat once. Beautiful place.

Dae Cho

2 Completed2 Reviews

Craig Smith

1 Completed1 Reviews

I use this trail as a cardio workout and a place (near home) to walk my dogs three to five times a week. It gets lots of traffic (locals, mountain bikes and occasionally horses) but still offers great views of the San Gabriel Valley and Orange County. On clear days you can see Catalina and if you look closely the oil rigs and tankers off shore. It's not exactly "out in the sticks" but it is a pleasurable hike for those who want one.

Eric Sie

43 Completed5 Reviews

Nice trail. Good for being so close to home. During the week they don't charge for parking. Last week we went 3 times and 2 of the days we saw deer.

Rick Silva

10 Completed10 Reviews

Good hike and I am glad I started early. Went to the west trail almost to Hacienda then I took Powder Canyon to the end or start however you want to call it. If you want to start early you can start at the Powder Canyon trail head and save 6 dollars.

Jose Rodriguez

9 Completed10 Reviews

Nice running trail. Didn't seem to be very busy, however it was a hot day. Brought my twin nephews (10 yr old) along for the run, so it's definitely kid friendly.

Daniel Hernandez

6 Completed3 Reviews

really enjoyed this trail

Daniel Hernandez

6 Completed3 Reviews

its a nice run not much shade

Rafael Perez

11 Completed12 Reviews

Went there yesterday! A lot of construction going on... Trucks digging. Not quite anymore and smells like motor.

Rafael Perez

11 Completed12 Reviews

Great hike... So you don't have to pay go all the way up Azusa and park in the street right before the curve into to neighborhood and walk up the hill.... Lots of up and downs... Good views and the park is nice!

Elizabeth Lopez

10 Completed9 Reviews

I went hiking here for a little cardio workout during the week around 1pm since it's the closet to me. I was kinda iffy about it at first due to the fact that it is hidden and it was my first time here(by myself and my little dog), but I got out of my car and decided to hike it anyway!

A few hundred steps into my walk I came across 2 young guys and they said hello and smiled; they were the only people I saw for a while until I was headed back down to my car and ran into another man who was also so friendly! I felt safe on this trail and never once had a bad feeling while walking up there.

There were many trails but I took the powder canyon trail since It seemed the easiest not to get lost on! it lead to a loop of dirt near some power towers which I was kinda disappointed in, no view at all!

I will definitely go back once a week for a good cardio workout! It really worked my butt!

Vicente Carmona

1 Completed1 Reviews

Love these trails. Been coming here for about a year. View at the top never gets old. Lots of people on the weekends which is great if u hike alone.

Sheila Mukami

3 Completed1 Reviews

part of the trail is a steady incline not too steep, but def. works your glutes and hamstrings and all those muscles.... great view when you get to the water tank... parking is free on weekdays ! no 6 dollar fee!! the park itself is quite big and nice, and i liked seeing the horses as well. its
worth your while !!!

Frank Esquivel P

1 Completed1 Reviews

I just got back into hiking and decided to come to Schabarum I like to hike in the early mornings I didn't go all the way because I had to work but there was some shade I suggest hiking shoes they have better traction then running shoes, bring water for sure a hat. I notice people listening to their i-phones I don't see why I would rather listen to my surroundings and not be distracted my opinion. I came alone but better if you bring a friend with you. I hope you decide to come hiking here and hope I tip was helpful. Oh I ate some fruit before starting only because I'm diabetic so bring your meds.

Sandy Farrell

8 Completed8 Reviews

Lots of parking!!!! Yay!!! Went on a Sunday....paid $6 to park all day. Lots of short trails. My sister and I did a few little trails....all add up to a little over 3 miles. Some steep hike going up to the water tower. Lots of dog and horse poop. Also, lots of Asian people. I am asian too :) We went at 7am; that's when the park open but we saw people in there way before the park open. I'm sure you can park on the street and just start hiking. There are camping grounds there too.

Over all a good hike for beginners. My sister didn't like it much because we were so close to houses and a lot businesses. It's across from a shopping mall and shopping plaza. She like to go on hikes with mountain views or waterfalls at the end of the hike. I didn't mind it at all. It was a little crowded on the hiking trail at 7am. Some of these Asian will not step aside for you. They hog up the trail and if their in front of you going slow, you kind of have to hang in there until the trail get a little wider, then you can quickly go around them.