Schabarum Regional Park: Schabarum Trail

Rowland Heights, CA
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Schabarum Regional Park: Schabarum Trail is a 5 mile loop trail located near Rowland Heights, California. The trail is primarily used for hiking. There is a $6 fee to park your car.

Icon_

9 Completed 10 Reviews

Nice running trail. Didn't seem to be very busy, however it was a hot day. Brought my twin nephews (10 yr old) along for the run, so it's definitely kid friendly.

6 Completed 3 Reviews

really enjoyed this trail

6 Completed 3 Reviews

its a nice run not much shade

10 Completed 11 Reviews

Went there yesterday! A lot of construction going on... Trucks digging. Not quite anymore and smells like motor.

10 Completed 11 Reviews

Great hike... So you don't have to pay go all the way up Azusa and park in the street right before the curve into to neighborhood and walk up the hill.... Lots of up and downs... Good views and the park is nice!

Icon_

7 Completed 6 Reviews

I went hiking here for a little cardio workout during the week around 1pm since it's the closet to me. I was kinda iffy about it at first due to the fact that it is hidden and it was my first time here(by myself and my little dog), but I got out of my car and decided to hike it anyway!

A few hundred steps into my walk I came across 2 young guys and they said hello and smiled; they were the only people I saw for a while until I was headed back down to my car and ran into another man who was also so friendly! I felt safe on this trail and never once had a bad feeling while walking up there.

There were many trails but I took the powder canyon trail since It seemed the easiest not to get lost on! it lead to a loop of dirt near some power towers which I was kinda disappointed in, no view at all!

I will definitely go back once a week for a good cardio workout! It really worked my butt!

Icon_5b06b54c655d2d5db1dc65f7226cb182

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Love these trails. Been coming here for about a year. View at the top never gets old. Lots of people on the weekends which is great if u hike alone.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

part of the trail is a steady incline not too steep, but def. works your glutes and hamstrings and all those muscles.... great view when you get to the water tank... parking is free on weekdays ! no 6 dollar fee!! the park itself is quite big and nice, and i liked seeing the horses as well. its
worth your while !!!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I just got back into hiking and decided to come to Schabarum I like to hike in the early mornings I didn't go all the way because I had to work but there was some shade I suggest hiking shoes they have better traction then running shoes, bring water for sure a hat. I notice people listening to their i-phones I don't see why I would rather listen to my surroundings and not be distracted my opinion. I came alone but better if you bring a friend with you. I hope you decide to come hiking here and hope I tip was helpful. Oh I ate some fruit before starting only because I'm diabetic so bring your meds.

8 Completed 8 Reviews

Lots of parking!!!! Yay!!! Went on a Sunday....paid $6 to park all day. Lots of short trails. My sister and I did a few little trails....all add up to a little over 3 miles. Some steep hike going up to the water tower. Lots of dog and horse poop. Also, lots of Asian people. I am asian too :) We went at 7am; that's when the park open but we saw people in there way before the park open. I'm sure you can park on the street and just start hiking. There are camping grounds there too.

Over all a good hike for beginners. My sister didn't like it much because we were so close to houses and a lot businesses. It's across from a shopping mall and shopping plaza. She like to go on hikes with mountain views or waterfalls at the end of the hike. I didn't mind it at all. It was a little crowded on the hiking trail at 7am. Some of these Asian will not step aside for you. They hog up the trail and if their in front of you going slow, you kind of have to hang in there until the trail get a little wider, then you can quickly go around them.

Support