Schabarum Regional Park: Schabarum Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Schabarum Regional Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Schabarum Regional Park: Schabarum Trail is a 5 mile loop trail located near Rowland Heights, California. The trail is primarily used for hiking. There is a $6 fee to park your car.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Dae Cho (104)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Craig Smith (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I use this trail as a cardio workout and a place (near home) to walk my dogs three to five times a week. It gets lots of traffic (locals, mountain bikes and occasionally horses) but still offers great views of the San Gabriel Valley and Orange County. On clear days you can see Catalina and if you look closely the oil rigs and tankers off shore. It's not exactly "out in the sticks" but it is a pleasurable hike for those who want one.

Eric Sie (166)

43 Completed5 Reviews

Nice trail. Good for being so close to home. During the week they don't charge for parking. Last week we went 3 times and 2 of the days we saw deer.

Rick Silva (651)

10 Completed10 Reviews

Good hike and I am glad I started early. Went to the west trail almost to Hacienda then I took Powder Canyon to the end or start however you want to call it. If you want to start early you can start at the Powder Canyon trail head and save 6 dollars.

Jose Rodriguez (692)

9 Completed10 Reviews

Nice running trail. Didn't seem to be very busy, however it was a hot day. Brought my twin nephews (10 yr old) along for the run, so it's definitely kid friendly.

Daniel Hernandez (131)

6 Completed3 Reviews

really enjoyed this trail

Daniel Hernandez (131)

6 Completed3 Reviews

its a nice run not much shade

Rafael Perez (267)

11 Completed12 Reviews

Went there yesterday! A lot of construction going on... Trucks digging. Not quite anymore and smells like motor.

Rafael Perez (267)

11 Completed12 Reviews

Great hike... So you don't have to pay go all the way up Azusa and park in the street right before the curve into to neighborhood and walk up the hill.... Lots of up and downs... Good views and the park is nice!

Elizabeth Lopez (210)

8 Completed7 Reviews

I went hiking here for a little cardio workout during the week around 1pm since it's the closet to me. I was kinda iffy about it at first due to the fact that it is hidden and it was my first time here(by myself and my little dog), but I got out of my car and decided to hike it anyway!

A few hundred steps into my walk I came across 2 young guys and they said hello and smiled; they were the only people I saw for a while until I was headed back down to my car and ran into another man who was also so friendly! I felt safe on this trail and never once had a bad feeling while walking up there.

There were many trails but I took the powder canyon trail since It seemed the easiest not to get lost on! it lead to a loop of dirt near some power towers which I was kinda disappointed in, no view at all!

I will definitely go back once a week for a good cardio workout! It really worked my butt!

Support