Skyline Drive

#1 of 2 trails in Mountain Gate Community Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Skyline Drive is a 9.8 mile out and back trail located near Corona, California that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking, mountain biking & trail running and is accessible from August until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jennifer Rizzo (47)

Comfortable

john ramos (412)

7 Completed7 Reviews

Have heard that there is a hard and an easy way to do the north end of this trail, starting in Corona. I took the easy and it was really nice. We went a ways past the "Bat " cave and turned around. I was going up a very low mound in front of the cave and slipped. As I was falling, I saw a rattlesnake laying under the branches and have no idea how I didn't fall directly on it, but I did not. Beware! there are snakes out there but they tend to mind there own business. I was the intruder, not the snake. HA!

heather ciccone (128)

7 Completed8 Reviews

Shawn Campbell (1225)

36 Completed5 Reviews

Great hike with beautiful views of the surrounding valleys. Its a long and steady elevation gain, so it doesn't get too steep, but it is almost all uphill. It can be fairly busy towards the beginning of the trail as there are many shorter trails that branch off that are popular, but as you ascend the crowd really thins out and sometimes it feels like you're the only one up there. Personally, rather than go to Beeks Place like the trail map on alltrails suggests, I prefer to take a right on Leonard Road and go up to Sierra Peak. It is the highest point in the area and it offers views of much of Orange County and on a clear day, I am told though I never had a clear enough day, the ocean.

Ian MacInnis (242)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Went on a sunny March day with my girlfriend of the time. It was a very easy going hike for her but at the same time offered many little side trails and tiny expeditions to have some fun as well. Overall good hike, great view at top of hill.

Kirsten Nelson (37)