Sly Park - Jenkinson Lake Loop

#4 of 135 trails in Eldorado National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Sly Park - Jenkinson Lake Loop is a 9 mile loop trail located near Pollock Pines, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for fishing, hiking, mountain biking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Nancy S. (280)

Good walk/hike. Very pretty. Great for a picnic.

David Chouiniere (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

For a novice mountain biker, this loop was a blast and a challenge. I was off my bike almost as much as I was on. Nevertheless, this was a great trail. Beautiful views, lots of challenging ups and downs and my fellow bikers / hikers were all friendly and understanding.

Carin Chumbley (477)

18 Completed22 Reviews

Easy hike, the distance makes it a pretty good work out. My Garmin clocked it at 9.25 miles and it took 3 hours. I went on a Saturday and saw very few people, which was nice. I enjoyed the hike, except for the areas around the dams, because you have to walk up on the road. The water is so low right now, the lake is not very pretty but the trail itself is, and the stream flowing is really nice to walk along. It's nice and close to home, and is a pretty good way to spend an afternoon.

Gary Pinkley (164)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Great hike around the lake. My Garmin had it at 9.2 miles starting out at Bumpy Meadows parking lot and sidetracking to the waterfall. The trail has a lot to offer and a lot to see. It is a shared trail with mountain bikers so watch out for them. It took me about 3 hours 18 minutes to hike the trail as I tend to stop often to smell the roses. The lake is really down and a lot of hikers cut across the east end which shortens the trail time and distance. There are times when the trail winds through campgrounds and takes you down paved roads on the North side, and the rest of the trail is fairly wide and well maintained. Enjoy this one.

Sean Rabourn (55)

2 Completed1 Reviews

I thought it was a really nice and overall a good training distance walk, but I don't know if I would label it as a blue square or an extremely challenging one. I would recommend it based off the visual lake and forest sightings.

Ashley Wolf (223)

9 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful trail!

emma hartvig (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I live by the lake so I go all the time. It is good for biking but the east side only has one restroom. It's located in a parking lot up a hill a little after the road. The west side is flat and has restrooms and picnic tables. For the biking part the east side is a bit hard if you're not a hardcore biker because of roots and rocks. It's really fun and anyone can go on it.

Boston Walker (225)

13 Completed6 Reviews

Great 10-mile hike around the lake, we will do this one again and bring friends. A bit long for small kids/dogs but if your breaking for lunch, you should be fine. No complaints only a few things to note: parking is $11, no restrooms on one side for roughly 4-5 miles and the lake is VERY low.

Don Paquette (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We hike this track all the time. I walk a 15 minute mile and we always do this in 2 hours and 40 minutes so my calculation is the walk around the lake is 11 miles.

richard north (104)

13 Completed3 Reviews

Some muddy spots from freezing and thawing ground, part sun, part shade, high temp in mid 40s. Nice rolling medium hike

Support