Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail

#1 of 30 trails in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Julian, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing & walking and is accessible from November until June.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Allison Signaigo (136)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Jordan Jackson (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This hike was definitely an adventure! My friends and I went not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. Steep incline down hill and remember you have to climb it on the way back up! We saw rattlesnakes, did some rock climbing, and swam in the last sister. Definitely a hike to remember! YouTube: WhatMakesUs1 and you will find a video of our experience titled "three sisters falls"!!

Jean Gijanto (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

The rope wasnt there so it was a bit more difficult but it was great! Get there early its hottttt

Jeanette Campos (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was an amazing hike with mostly rock climbing ! Very beautiful view .. The waterfalls were dry but still made the hike worth it !!! It's very fun !!!!

George J (108)

8 Completed2 Reviews

This is a real fun trail. The trail offers a mix of dry trail paths with ascents and descents, some amount of rock climbing etc. Make sure you climb all the way over to the top of the highest waterfall. Recommend using gloves as its easier to hold onto rocks, plants for support. Start early to avoid crowds as it can get quite busy.

karen harrington (178)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Melissa Maciel (130)

17 Completed3 Reviews

Please don't attempt this hike unless you are prepared for the heat or the difficulty. Bring a lot of water, and then double that. Don't attempt in the summer, I did this hike in April and it was very hot! When properly prepared this hike is amazing! It has been three years since I have done it so I am not sure how much water is there. This is one of the most beautiful and most challenging hikes in San Diego and it is on every avid hikers to-hike-list!

Travis Reed (109)

3 Completed4 Reviews

Ryan Beaudoin (230)

11 Completed10 Reviews

This hike is the best hike I've done since moving to CA, but it's not a hike to mess around with, especially during the hotter months. Was told this was an easy hike, so I wore flip flops and took 5 friends and 3 dogs...we all made it out, but one of the dogs and 2 of the people barely made it. My wife is not very coordinated and I would never take her out on the trial. Going in is all down hill will some rather steep and loose areas. Bring gloves just in case. Once you get down into the valley, the boulder fields start! Go in April - early June and there should be a lot of water flowing.

Ryan Turner (842)