Twin Lakes Trail

#4 of 126 trails in Sequoia National Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Twin Lakes Trail is a 14 mile out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for camping & hiking and is accessible from May until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Big Stump Entrance: Follow Highway 180 northward 1.5 miles to Generals Highway. Turn right on Generals Highway and follow it 25 miles to the turn for Lodgepole Campground. Turn left and travel .75 miles to the campground. Park in the lot near the Log Bridge. Cross the log bridge and look for the trailhead sign.

California Travel and Tourism Commision, P.O. Box 1499 , Sacramento, CA, 95812-1499, Phone: 800-862-2543

Icon_0b8dd3614a7928fd2017d5bd223e36dc

97 Completed 140 Reviews

I love this hike. There is a variety of terrain and views. Wonderful meadows and difficult switchbacks!
The forest is beautiful. The lake was serene until I saw a thundercloud accumulating atop the mountain. At which point I decided to head back. The rain chased me out the whole way. And I heard thunder.....
Made it out safe!! Have fun!

Icon_0b8dd3614a7928fd2017d5bd223e36dc

97 Completed 140 Reviews

I loved this hike for overnight backpacking....lots of bugs but the view is incredible. The hike is awesome and can be done as a day hike. Ive even seen bears on the lower portions of this trail. Beautiful forest.

Icon_

18 Completed 18 Reviews

Overall an awesome Lake and trail all together. We backpacked it a few weeks back 4/10/13 and it was still frozen over with a 3-5 foot base of snow. We were fly fishing with BWO's and the fish were biting majorly on the one side where the ice had melted. Moderate but not demanding hike, and I will be visiting Twin Lakes again during summer months. Clover creek campground is 2 miles before Twin and allows fires, as does the lower campground before the river crossing. Smaller lake to the left also had great fishing.

Icon_

3 Completed 1 Reviews

This was my first overnighter. In fact, it was my first hike ever. Was supposed to head to Pear Lake but no fires were prohibited. We found out no fires allowed at Twin Lakes once we arrived. A difficult hike because we were moving briskly. I know, I have way more to see, but the lakes are well worth the effort. I will do it again in the future.

Support