Weir Canyon Wilderness Park - Wier Canyon Loop Trail

#1 of 2 trails in weir canyon regional park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Weir Canyon Wilderness Park - Wier Canyon Loop Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Anaheim, California. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking & mountain biking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Priscilla Bravo (122)

6 Completed1 Reviews

mmn

John Savage (254)

14 Completed13 Reviews

Did this hike with a friend on the 4th. I liked this trail because it gives you the cross training type of hike. You have a variety of hills and trials to take. We went for the harder hike this time to the top which was a nice view. I will do this again!

Todd Ryan (488)

29 Completed10 Reviews

This is a fun little hike. Not hard at all but not a walk in the park either. I would suggest taking lots of water and a hat because there is ZERO coverage. Wasn't crowded at all when I went. In fact I think I was the only person there.

Jose Torres (103)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Did this as my first hike alone and it was great! It wasn't too hard not easy, especially after coming back from a knee injury. Will def. be back to finish the whole thing

Debbie Charles (137)

14 Completed2 Reviews

One of my favorite running spots!!! :)

Michael Pierson (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I live a few blocks away from where the trail starts- or one of the many places the trail starts. Parts of this are incredibly challenging for both hikers and bikers- definitely not for young kids- but overall, a fantastic place. Is part of an extensive trail system running from Santiago Oaks, Irvine, and Wier Canyon Regional Parks. The system has trails for almost any skill level.

Edgar Renteria (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This trail is def not for beginners! We had good family fun!

Marc Nitz (1504)

40 Completed20 Reviews

Nice hiking and mountain biking trail. The initial biking uphill, when going counter-clockwise, is really tough and the downhill singletrack at the end is just like a downhill bobsled. Hard to beat!

Inspire Educate-Motivate (239)

8 Completed3 Reviews

nice hike. went Easter afternoon. very quiet. I would do it again but this time leave my tiny dog at home. I dont understand why people dont follow the leash law especially with bigger dogs. my tiny dog was attack but luckily I yanked him up like a yoyo. no harm but scary.

Ted S (1407)

37 Completed22 Reviews

Fun hike that you'll moderately feel but won't take your whole day or even your whole morning. Some nice views of the Anaheim canyons but pretty much a dirt trail and hike just to hike.

Support