Weir Canyon Wilderness Park - Wier Canyon Loop Trail

#1 of 2 trails in weir canyon regional park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Weir Canyon Wilderness Park - Wier Canyon Loop Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Anaheim, California. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking & mountain biking.

14 Completed 13 Reviews

Did this hike with a friend on the 4th. I liked this trail because it gives you the cross training type of hike. You have a variety of hills and trials to take. We went for the harder hike this time to the top which was a nice view. I will do this again!

21 Completed 5 Reviews

This is a fun little hike. Not hard at all but not a walk in the park either. I would suggest taking lots of water and a hat because there is ZERO coverage. Wasn't crowded at all when I went. In fact I think I was the only person there.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Did this as my first hike alone and it was great! It wasn't too hard not easy, especially after coming back from a knee injury. Will def. be back to finish the whole thing

14 Completed 2 Reviews

One of my favorite running spots!!! :)

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I live a few blocks away from where the trail starts- or one of the many places the trail starts. Parts of this are incredibly challenging for both hikers and bikers- definitely not for young kids- but overall, a fantastic place. Is part of an extensive trail system running from Santiago Oaks, Irvine, and Wier Canyon Regional Parks. The system has trails for almost any skill level.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This trail is def not for beginners! We had good family fun!

40 Completed 20 Reviews

Nice hiking and mountain biking trail. The initial biking uphill, when going counter-clockwise, is really tough and the downhill singletrack at the end is just like a downhill bobsled. Hard to beat!

8 Completed 3 Reviews

nice hike. went Easter afternoon. very quiet. I would do it again but this time leave my tiny dog at home. I dont understand why people dont follow the leash law especially with bigger dogs. my tiny dog was attack but luckily I yanked him up like a yoyo. no harm but scary.

26 Completed 12 Reviews

Fun hike that you'll moderately feel but won't take your whole day or even your whole morning. Some nice views of the Anaheim canyons but pretty much a dirt trail and hike just to hike.

Person_placeholder

Kenneth Okumura

249 Completed 27 Reviews

Took me four trips before I felt I understood the whole trail system. Many different access points and options for extending the hike, but without a good map and some hints from John McKinney in his Hike OC book it could be confusing to people who are unfamiliar with the area. Still I thought it was a nice surprise! Depending on where you enter it you can be surrounded by residential development, but then suddenly the area opens up and it seems like you could be miles from civilization. I did the simple loop taking in Robber's Roost the first time. 6.0 out of 10.

Support