West Cliff Drive Santa Cruz

#1 of 1 trails in Lighthouse Field State Beach

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Two miles of wheelchair accessable coastline. Walking, cycling, skating, beach.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

John Truncali (300)

8 Completed4 Reviews

Simply beautiful!!! Took many people's advice and started my hike super early... Around 9am to beat the crowds.

Breck Tuttle (51145)

345 Completed346 Reviews

We drove this after spending the night in Santa Cruz. Very pretty. Stopped and watched surfers near the surfers museum.

Susan Shrode (8313)

67 Completed40 Reviews

So very pretty. Very crowded but worth it for the views

Tanner Cook (231)

11 Completed6 Reviews

Regardless of the crowds, the beauty of the Pacific is unrivaled here. Easy walk to Natural Bridges State Beach. Lots of things to look for along the way. Surfers catching sometimes giant waves near the lighthouse, surfing museum, sea lions, seabirds, and have spotted some dolphins swimming along the coastline. Great landscape and powerful crashing waves. I'll be back for more.

David Badillo (303)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Once again I was unprepared when I attempted to walk this trail. I assumed I would just walk up West Cliff Dr. and take a 2 mile hike through Lighthouse Field State Park. I was wrong, I started from Beach St. & West Cliff Dr. it was 2.81 miles to reach Natural Bridges State Park and then from Natural Bridges State Park to where I finished West Cliff Dr. & Pacific Ave was 2.93 miles. I would say this is the most beautiful & scenic walk along the Pacific Ocean I have been on.

Adam Schultz (474)

32 Completed11 Reviews

Beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean but easy and crowded.

Guy Churchward (707)

9 Completed10 Reviews

Walking from Natural bridges up to the end of the wharf and back again is approx 6.4 miles, lots to see and distract you making this a pretty rewarding walk.. start late morning, soup witht he sea lions and back in a few hours !

Donna Wilson (995)

45 Completed26 Reviews

Love this spot! Its great for me and my dog. My dog especially enjoys some beach time while I enjoy and appreciate the views while walking along.

Support