Y Meadow Lake Trail

#34 of 77 trails in Stanislaus National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Y Meadow Lake Trail is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Long Barn, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October.

Icon_a4fadf5a2be27210eeb5b0672e248055

N/A:

1 Completed 2 Reviews

I have done this hike several times, with family and with scout groups. The views from the top of Burst Rock are beautiful on a clear day and the camping at Y Meadow lake and Granite Lake is pleasant. On the second day of camping at Y Meadow lake a few years ago, my family was caught in a thunder storm and down pour. We had a good camp site, and I was glad we had taken care in where we had set up our tents because shortly after the heavy rain fall, flash floods roared down the sides of the canyon into the lake, and the creek emptying into the lake swelled to several hundred feet beyond it's banks.

When I first went to Granite Lake in the mid 1990's the fishing was great. I learned that they have stopped stocking the lakes in the wilderness areas so now I don't even bother to take a fishing pole as there are very few fish left in the lakes.

Support