Alderfer / Three Sisters

#1 of 1 trails in Alderfer / Three Sisters Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Alderfer / Three Sisters is a 10 mile loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & mountain biking and is accessible from April until September.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Joyce Chapman (330)

10 Completed4 Reviews

Live this hike for the variety of types if trails and views. Also always see a lot of wildlife

Ryan Dane (655)

20 Completed16 Reviews

This is a great place with some nice trails! Pretty easy hike but worth it. Some nice scenery.

Tom Nytes (1105)

79 Completed28 Reviews

Very nice hiking area. I took this trip with the Westminster Active Seniors group. We had a great time.

Cornelia Runyon (39)

4 Completed1 Reviews

I would not consider this trail as moderate, but rather easy. Lots of shade and even so the map looks a bit confusing with all the different trails, as long as you have a copy of the map it is really easy. It was my first trip to Evergreen and I had some issues finding parking. The locals do not want you to be near them parking...next time I will try the higher parking area by the Barn. The first parking lot one was packed.

Amy Leadingham (421)

6 Completed4 Reviews

After hiking Maxwell Falls trail, Three Sisters was a nice change of pace. Beautiful views, great terrain & awesome boulders. Overall, nice hike & not too far from Denver.

Robbie M. (282)

Colorado Mountain Club choose this trail for our first wilderness trekking check hike. Nice variety of terrain and bouldering opportunities. Great views to use our new compasses.

Sylvia Blackshear (102)

9 Completed2 Reviews

This will be one of my favorite parks because trails have a nice variety. A good training ground for more difficult trails. Great view from the top of the three sisters. On our way up to the Brother, a storm moved in that caused us to stop for the day. We'll certainly go back and get an earlier start.

Chris Darrow (134)

5 Completed2 Reviews

Only took like 2 hours to get to Three Sisters. Was a nice hike for a few hours. Not too many people.

Andrew Hawks (414)

34 Completed10 Reviews

What shines at Three Sisters is the variety - a great place to take the whole family. Lots of easy intersecting trails, some benches, and places for the kids to climb and scramble offer something for everyone. For the amount of traffic this place gets (always crowded), surprisingly clean. If you're into bouldering, you've already been here or you're missing out. Lots of 'em, V0-V13 I think. And a few easy climbs/scrambles around the Three Sisters offer up great views.

Justin Lunsford (177)

7 Completed4 Reviews

Nice warm up to intermediate trails Started at east lot looped east mtn trail to summit back around the west mtn trail.. Not too many switchbacks and not too crowded

Support