Alderfer / Three Sisters

#1 of 1 trails in Alderfer / Three Sisters Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Alderfer / Three Sisters is a 10 mile loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & mountain biking and is accessible from April until September.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Lynette Stoyles (40)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Linda Krupps (70)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Not too difficult for a beginner. A rattlesnake struck a rabbit just off the trail which some unexpected excitement.

Christin Cordova (1429)

61 Completed12 Reviews

David Jordani (1430)

10 Completed1 Reviews

Mimimsp O (277)

12 Completed10 Reviews

I don't mountain bike (yet!) but this appeared to be a great place for that. lots of variety for different skill levels and if you go early enough not too much traffic. I was there by nine am Sunday morning and found a spot in the lot. when I finished at noon people were parked along side of the road. there is a bathroom at the trailhead which is always nice. they also had paper maps available and the talks were well marked. I doubled back a couple of times because I didn't have a plan in advance. that's usually hire it goes with me. I did hidden fawn, most of sisters, ponderisa (multiple times since this is the trail I usually ended up back on from others), brother's lookout (a nice place to rest or mediate), silver Fox (partially just a path but turns into more of a trail for a short distance) wilmot (just a connector to a lot - fyi two dogs came running at me from this lot and didn't appear to be supervised; not sure if they live down there or not but it made me turn around after I was able to give them the "don't mess with me" message.

there were a couple I didn't make it so do I'll definitely go back.

it's a short drive from Denver so easy to do in a couple of hours on the morning or afternoon.

Karina Hochartz Faul (142)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Only saw 4 other people on the trails. Granted it was Friday and it was between 10 am and 1 - pm though. Packed snow on 98% of the trails. Definitely needed spikes or at the minimum, poles. Great views, beautiful sun and no wind. Perfect day! (And a stop at Cactus Jack's afterwards was the perfect ending to the day.)

Brendan O'Sullivan (69)

3 Completed4 Reviews

Fun spacious park with well laid out and marked trails that you can mix and match for a short or long traipse. Nice changes of terrain and the bouldering is SUPERB

Joyce Chapman (330)

10 Completed4 Reviews

Live this hike for the variety of types if trails and views. Also always see a lot of wildlife

Ryan Dane (695)

20 Completed16 Reviews

This is a great place with some nice trails! Pretty easy hike but worth it. Some nice scenery.

Tom Nytes (1115)

78 Completed29 Reviews

Very nice hiking area. I took this trip with the Westminster Active Seniors group. We had a great time.

Support