Alderfer / Three Sisters

#1 of 1 trails in Alderfer / Three Sisters Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Alderfer / Three Sisters is a 10 mile loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & mountain biking and is accessible from April until September.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Fawn Berry (140)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Jessica Ferguson (245)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful hiking country. I would say most of the hike is pretty easy. The lower Evergreen Mountain Trail gets a bit more difficult, but still pretty easy...

Jeremiah Lee (206)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Get there early. Other than that lots of trails for all types

Nick Fortunato (106)

6 Completed4 Reviews

get there early in the morning for a parking spot on weekends. Even though the lot was full.... I felt like no one else was on the trails. Out of every hike that I've been on... this has been the most peaceful

Lynette Stoyles (40)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Linda Krupps (70)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Not too difficult for a beginner. A rattlesnake struck a rabbit just off the trail which some unexpected excitement.

Christin Cordova (1429)

61 Completed12 Reviews

David Jordani (1430)

10 Completed1 Reviews

Mimimsp O (293)

15 Completed11 Reviews

I don't mountain bike (yet!) but this appeared to be a great place for that. lots of variety for different skill levels and if you go early enough not too much traffic. I was there by nine am Sunday morning and found a spot in the lot. when I finished at noon people were parked along side of the road. there is a bathroom at the trailhead which is always nice. they also had paper maps available and the talks were well marked. I doubled back a couple of times because I didn't have a plan in advance. that's usually hire it goes with me. I did hidden fawn, most of sisters, ponderisa (multiple times since this is the trail I usually ended up back on from others), brother's lookout (a nice place to rest or mediate), silver Fox (partially just a path but turns into more of a trail for a short distance) wilmot (just a connector to a lot - fyi two dogs came running at me from this lot and didn't appear to be supervised; not sure if they live down there or not but it made me turn around after I was able to give them the "don't mess with me" message.

there were a couple I didn't make it so do I'll definitely go back.

it's a short drive from Denver so easy to do in a couple of hours on the morning or afternoon.

Karina Hochartz Faul (142)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Only saw 4 other people on the trails. Granted it was Friday and it was between 10 am and 1 - pm though. Packed snow on 98% of the trails. Definitely needed spikes or at the minimum, poles. Great views, beautiful sun and no wind. Perfect day! (And a stop at Cactus Jack's afterwards was the perfect ending to the day.)

Support