Barr Trail

#7 of 207 trails in Pike National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Barr Trail is a 3 mile point-to-point trail located located at the top of Pike's Peak. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Brian Fink (196)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Jake Warner (155)

5 Completed3 Reviews

I got dropped off at the top and rode down on my mountain bike. Real hairy at the top and not very many areas to catch much speed. I may have bit off more than I could chew for my skill level but glad I took on the challenge.

Kollin Schaudt (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Dan P. (213)

8 Completed6 Reviews

Did the full 13 mi. hike from the Barr Trail parking lot up to the Summit of Pikes Peak. Took a little over 10 hours to summit. A beautiful trip for any hiker and/or nature lover!

Jeremy Haines (590)

29 Completed21 Reviews

Pikes peak. need anyone say more? Manitou incline is a must also

Jacob Vyvlecka (149)

7 Completed7 Reviews

Completed this last July for my summit of pikes peak. We did the ascent and decent (26 miles). Overall this is a bit tougher but once you make it passed the tree line and get about a mile from the summit it's beautiful. Cirque is also beautiful don't go by if you're afraid of drop offs. I highly recommend checking out the rock formations off trail

Brian Owsley (135)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Rode the Cog Train to Pikes Peak then half way down. Hiked to Barr Camp and the down. Except for the trails being really washed out, the hike was full of scenery. Its a real work out.

jutta scarry (762)

19 Completed27 Reviews

Hiked this trail from lower Barr trail to Pikes Peak. Amazing!!!

Kamal Upasena (131)

0 Completed2 Reviews

gkwp

Bonnie Stapleton (162)

4 Completed2 Reviews

I do both up and down to the summit often. It takes a long time, and is easier in the summer when you have lots of light. This is a beautiful hike with lots of neat stuff to see and it is great because access is so easy.

Support