Barr Trail

HARD
#7 of 206 trails in Pike National Forest
l>
Barr Trail is a 23 mile point-to-point trail located near Manitou Springs, CO that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

23.0 miles 7250 feet Point to Point
dogs on leash camping hiking mountain biking snowshoeing trail running walking views
Hide Map

The trail is wide and very accessible from the ascension and decension standpoint. The last mile is the hardest and takes a lot of stamina to conquer the final walk across the boulder field.

Alison Noon

7 Completed7 Reviews

Exhaustion may have been teasing my mind, but I swear on the hike down I saw three signs - miles apart - that said 6 miles to the parking lot. It was a beautiful, painful day for me. Pro tip: If you're doing the full 23+ miles on a day trip, pack twice as many snacks as you think you'll need

James Lanciaux

9 Completed9 Reviews

Trail head to summit is 11.5 miles (23 out and back). There is approximately 7,500ft of elevation gain. Halfway up is Barr Camp where you can get food, coffee, tea, etc. They allow camping here with reservations. At 9 miles is an A-fram Shelter. We camped here so we could wake up before dawn to hike the last 3 miles to the summit in time for the sunrise.

Rachel Rivers

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was the first 14er for our family. It was an awesome trail!

Xtina Linn

2 Completed2 Reviews

Carter Ortiz

1 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome I loved it!! This was my first fourteener and it was quite the experience! Absolutely beautiful!

Carter Ortiz

1 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome experience!! This was my first fourteener and it was absolutely beautiful

Jennifer Deutsch

2 Completed2 Reviews

Easy. Probably not moderate. Scenic.

Emily French

2 Completed1 Reviews

Very scenic and great weather!

Maddie Longnecker

9 Completed4 Reviews

This trail is beautiful, And very well marked

Lindsay Nowlin

5 Completed1 Reviews

I started at the incline, then finished at Barr Camp. Beautiful trail and pretty challenging.