Barr Trail

#7 of 207 trails in Pike National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Barr Trail is a 3 mile point-to-point trail located located at the top of Pike's Peak. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Maddie Longnecker (162)

6 Completed3 Reviews

This trail is beautiful, And very well marked

Lindsay Nowlin (101)

5 Completed1 Reviews

I started at the incline, then finished at Barr Camp. Beautiful trail and pretty challenging.

Sara Collett (248)

14 Completed13 Reviews

Sara Collett (248)

14 Completed13 Reviews

Tom Chaffee (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My wife and I just hiked from the barr trail parking lot up to the summit and then back down. It took about 12.5 hours total. 6.5 hours to the top and then about 6 hours to get down. The trail is very well marked and well traveled. Barr Camp is about 6 miles into the hike, we were told that the time to the top of the summit from barr camp = 1 hour + the time it took to barr camp. The last 3 miles to the summit is long... but beautiful. There were about 5 snow fields that took some time to get across. At the top there are lots of people who drove/rode the train up... but there are water fountains to fill your bottles up. The hike back down was smooth, but long. If you are trying to get up and down in one day, we would recommend being on the trail no later than 5am so you can get to the summit around noon and back below treeline before afternoon thunderstorms hit, which is the biggest danger. Hope this helps!

Brian Fink (196)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Jake Warner (175)

5 Completed3 Reviews

I got dropped off at the top and rode down on my mountain bike. Real hairy at the top and not very many areas to catch much speed. I may have bit off more than I could chew for my skill level but glad I took on the challenge.

Kollin Schaudt (38)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Dan P. (245)

10 Completed7 Reviews

Did the full 13 mi. hike from the Barr Trail parking lot up to the Summit of Pikes Peak. Took a little over 10 hours to summit. A beautiful trip for any hiker and/or nature lover!

Jeremy Haines (590)

29 Completed21 Reviews

Pikes peak. need anyone say more? Manitou incline is a must also

Support