Beaver Brook Trail

Golden, CO

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Beaver Brook trail starts in Golden and climbs up to around 7000 ft looking down onto Clear Creek as it moves through north forested slopes. After beautiful vistas it drops into Beaver Brook itself before climbing out to Chief Hosa.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jesse Pearlman (123)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Like the others, missed the Chavez loop turn off Beaver Brook and hiked across. This was my daughters first home in CO and the experience almost ruined her. The trail isn't easy to my thinking, a lot of narrow passages over rough rocks, the trail is difficult to follow in places and poorly marked. While we didn't run out of water it was a close thing. Also 5+ hours on the trail with no snacks when we expected an easy 4 miles... Rough. Thank god for the nice couple who gave us a ride back to my car.

Shana S'Silvestri (227)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Almost the exact same experience as Nicole N. below....This definitely isn't a loop as we initially thought.. we missed the turn to stay on the loop (Chevaz Trail) and ended up doing the whole beaver trail and came out at a completely different entrance and had to get a ride from someone back to our cars. There were 7 of us so it was a real favor -TY Betty ;) .! Trail is not very clearly marked so if you plan to loop in pay attention!
About 9 miles total..so clearly ran out of water. Please be prepared for more than expected.
However the hike was beautiful and I'd do this again if i was more prepared

Nicole Nakamura (66)

2 Completed2 Reviews

So this isn't a loop.. Or we somehow missed the turn to stay on the loop and ended up doing the whole beaver trail and came out at a completely different entrance and had to get a ride from someone back to our car!
About 9 miles total..so clearly ran out of water
However the hike was beautiful and I'd do this again if i was more prepared

Mimimsp O (305)

16 Completed12 Reviews

I followed the map from the app and it dropped me on lookout mountain with no trailhead in site. I then just used Google maps which directed me to a parking lot mid way up lookout mountain between where chimney gulch and lookout mountain trails meet. there is a trailhead called beaver Brook there and based on the map on one of the trails it appears to connect to the full beaver Brook trail. however, I had my dog with me and shortly into the hike encountered some huge boulders that were would have had to crawl over and through. I want up for that today so turned around and did lookout mountain trail instead.

Jessica P. (172)

Beautiful hike with great sounds and views. Probably rate it as easy/moderate. Lots of rocky areas to climb so be careful, definitely want a good hiking shoe! Hike is definitely worth it!!

Carrie Schiff (50)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Started at the bottom at Chimney Gulch trail head and hiked to the Beaver Brook trail. We hiked about 5 miles on BB, which was the best part. Lots of varied terrain. Beautiful views. Fun creeks to cross. Kudos to the very polite mountain bikers. It was the cherry on the cake of an awesome day! Probably 12 miles round trip.

shelby barton (438)

25 Completed17 Reviews

Jennifer Lightner (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Lois M. (223)

Megan Terry (243)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful trail and views with varied terrains including rocky, rolling hills, meadows and small streams to cross. We did about 10 miles round trip which took about 6 hours including a leisurely lunch break.
The directions from this app didn't take me to a trailhead that I could see. It was a neighborhood. We found the trailhead by using Google and searching Beaver Brook Trail.

Support