Beaver Brook /Chavez trail loop

#1 of 3 trails in Genesee Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

3.85 mile loop with multiple stream crossings and about 1100 ft of elevation gain round trip.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Wendy Towell (51)

4 Completed1 Reviews

My new favorite hiking trail!

Has a great mix of views

Would be fun for kids who like a challenge too.

Beaver dams, stream crossings, peaceful forrest, high view of canyon.

Nayeli Hernandez (118)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Absolutely gorgeous trail! It took us about 2 hours to complete, there are some slippery spots because there is still snow in some parts. Not too crowded!

Susan Hutchinson (3024)

84 Completed58 Reviews

Good trail to quickly get out of the city to hike. I like the braille info on the beginning of the trail. I went left after the bridge and the hike gets a little bit harder. About a Moderate hike. Not many on the trail this Jan. Snow is slowly melting so the creek should start to flow more. It's mostly a forest hike.

Brandi Wilson (869)

17 Completed17 Reviews

Beautiful hike! Wonderful on hot days since it's mostly surrounded by forest. A little rocky at parts so small dogs may have some trouble but not too much. Not too busy either. Very enjoyable.

Linds Wiggers (53)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful hike! Enjoyed the autumn colors, the trail winding through a canyon, and a gorgeous brook at the bottom! This trail has some gorgeous lookouts and some nice inclines on the way back! Will most def do it again! (:

Benji Wichman (85)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great on a hot day- most of the hike is through the surrounding woods of a small stream which you cross over at many points further into the hike. Great for dogs, but narrow at times

Marie Franco (518)

12 Completed12 Reviews

The scenery was very nice, very woody and the water made the landscape very rich; I particularly liked all the mushrooms and the smell they generated. However, if you plan to do the loop that is one half on Beaver Brook and one half on Chavez, be aware that the marking is confusing and easy to miss, which we did and continued for a while on Beaver Brook until we crossed the brook and realized something was wrong. Regardless it was a great outing and so close to Denver, a nice treat.

James Estes (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This hike is absolutely beautiful. I hiked it a little after noon today and because of the rain we have been receiving lately their was fog and mist everywhere. The trail is surrounding by greenery, trees, and wildflowers as you run along and across the brook. Parts are steep and will get your heart rate up while other stretches are flat and comfortable. While not far from Denver, it felt like I was in my own remote forest breathing in fresh air and able just to walk with my thoughts.

Kelly Wilmot (435)

10 Completed10 Reviews

After reading a few reviews, I wasn't expecting too much from this trail. Well, I hiked it yesterday and it was gorgeous! The scenery and terrain were ever-changing throughout the loop. There were wildflowers, lots of river-crossings and large boulders to rest or take in the views. I liked Beaver-Brook because it is very different than other trails I've completed recently. It is more of a wildlife/nature trail than one with mountain views, not that there aren't any. I liked the variety, and that the mountain lions were all sleeping during my hike :). The second half of the loop had much, much more of an elev. gain than the first. Nothing too difficult, though. Even on Labor Day weekend, no crowds at all, only passed a handful of hikers. We hiked this in about 2.5 hrs. Have fun!

Doug Sawyer (95)

4 Completed4 Reviews

I like the views on MT Galbraith and I see deer quite a bit and way better views... we sometimes go off trail to the top and get a great view of both N and S Table Mts and Coors Brewery...Also great view of Lariat Loop on Lookout Mt... almost 360 degree views Usually takes 2 hrs from Nightbird trail in a Golden Subdivision to the loop and back about 5+ miles. thinking of doing it sunday to see the us pro bike riders down Lookout Mt.

Support