Blodgett Peak

Colorado Springs, CO
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Blodgett Peak is a 6.4 mile out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until August.

Person_placeholder

Chuck Masters

13 Completed 13 Reviews

I hike up on a great day in February, 2014. Great views.

19 Completed 1 Reviews

The trail up Blodgett and the open space are open. You can see some (Waldo) burn scars on the Hummingbird trail, but very little and the trail is still gorgeous. It is challenging and steep, but that's part of what makes it great.

23 Completed 9 Reviews

This trail has unfortunately been closed indefinitely due to the Waldo Canyon Fire last summer. It is an intense hike with not well marked trails. Loved the challenge and look forward to it opening again.

Person_placeholder

8 Completed 8 Reviews

This is one of the more demanding hikes that I have been on. I agree with some of previous hikers in that the trail is not that well marked in areas. We went up the boulder field and back down the trail, which consist of very steep scree in parts. It is not for people that are out of shape, but I felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I made it to the top.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Never again. Missed fork heading up to the south ridge. Wandered in boulder fields for a while. Climbed thru boulder and scree ending in almost a box canyon near the false summit on east side. Required climbing Very hot. Trails mostly unmarked and unmaintained. Dangerous in many places. Views were spectacular but Not worth the effort and danger. Not for beginners or even intermediates. More a climb than a hike.

Icon_2827c5da124ddc5013498837aa670da8

13 Completed 12 Reviews

This was a GREAT workout and there were some pretty nice views from the peak. However, the trail is challenging and VERY hard to find. Going up, I couldn't find the trail to the skree trail up, so I had to do the boulderfield -- exhausting. I lost the trail coming down and wound up climbing down some small rock faces and once I got back to the trail it resembled something a mountain goat would use -- challenging coming down.
After I left the main trail, I saw no other human.

3 Completed 3 Reviews

Great Climb up to the peak, decided to go the stubborn way and climb through the boulder field and then go around to the summit. Great Views of AFA and Colorado Springs. It can be a little difficult keeping track of trails. Unfortunately ended up in some real nasty brush (thank god for brush pants in the pack). Overall a great hike.

Support