Blodgett Peak

#28 of 207 trails in Pike National Forest
Blodgett Peak is a 6.4 mile out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until August.

3.53 miles Out & Back 2123 feet
Hide Map

Randy Culp

4 Completed3 Reviews

Great hike, from IN and was out to see our son at the academy 2 weeks ago. We flew in the day before and attacked it with the attitude with we will go as far as we can. Made it all the way to the peak thru the boulder field. On the way down we discovered we needed to stay left of the boulders on the way up, right on the way down. Physically this was one of the most challenging things we have done in 2 decades but was so worth it. If your not ready to do it today I highly recommend take a month or so and get yourself ready and just do it.

Randy Culp

4 Completed3 Reviews

James Winders

3 Completed3 Reviews

Nice area, we ended up going off trail and following the creek up. It was nice!

Stephen Allaby

38 Completed29 Reviews

This is arguably the most difficult hike I've done. Its a long hike. Its a steep hike. And the trail not always well warn or marked. That said, the views at the top are so worth the time and energy.

Rob McAnally

1 Completed2 Reviews

As said elsewhere, the trails, particularly if you want to go all the way to the summit, are very poorly marked. We went to the top in 2014, right after the area had been reopened from the fires, so maybe the trails had not been used enough to be easily seen. And, prepare for some significant bouldering, and steep, gravel trails. A good hiking stick will help. And band aids.

Wifey and I are doing it again this morning 9/4/15). We'll see how it is now.

Paul Blum

1 Completed1 Reviews

The trails are not very well marked. It can be a pretty dangerous hike if you do not stick to the trail. There is a gravelly trail next to the boulder field that makes it easier, but I do not think it is possible to do this hike without bouldering at least for a little. It was a pretty nice, especially for taking people a long.

Mike Ruman

4 Completed1 Reviews

A bit crazy in the rock fields. As I was on my descent, by the waterfall, I came around a corner and ran into a momma bear and her two cubs. The Cubs ran up the tree and the momma hopped on two legs, paws up, and started growling at me. Scared the crud out of me. I had to Bushwhack to get around them. So, be careful!

Daniel Moyer

10 Completed10 Reviews

Ron McComb

1 Completed1 Reviews

I seem to have taken a different route from the reviews below. It took a few attempts and the advice of a neighbor who told me how to ascend the peak to find the correct path. We took the trail up to the 30' water fall with the pool at the bottom. The hike here is a good destination point, but it is difficult. From there we followed the trail to the top. The only way up was via a boulder field, but we choose to explore the north side of the peak...some very rugged country. We came down the boulder field which is very dangerous, and we never came across any large scree fields. My neighbor did say to not follow all of the red ribbons since some were place in error. To get to the falls, you need to scale up the trail using roots as handles where one is tempted to cross the creek. After 20 feet of climbing you hit a very nice trail. The trail should not be closed as suggested below. It is great for training to go up 14ers, but wear boots, take poles, pay attention, and take a buddy. Very easy to get seriously injured. Very difficult hike. For experienced climbers and not for the meek or unfit.

Hannah H.