Booth Falls

Vail, CO
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Booth Falls is a 4.6 mile out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are only a few parking spots at the trailhead, otherwise you can park at the Vail Mountain School parking lot just below and walk up.

5 Completed 3 Reviews

Absolutely breathtaking trail. Definitely strenuous in areas but every step is worth it. It is a magical wonderland in the summer and fall months. Hit it at the right time late September, early October and prepare to be amazed.

6 Completed 6 Reviews

It was a super silly adventure time. I was with my three bestest friends in the whole wide world. Jimmy had to hold my hand at the end but that's to be expected. Yolo only once.

6 Completed 6 Reviews

I hiked this in the peak of the color change 2012-----it was raining aspen leaves---just magical! but i was very inexperienced and wore very stylish flat keds. lost my footing a few times on the way down!!! dumb, i know. it gets high------10k plus----stair stepping path sometimes---no real scrambling---lots of dogs and kids and fun.

Icon_

6 Completed 1 Reviews

Awesome hike. Hiked up to the lake. Pretty rough towards the end but definitely worth it. Gps was 9.2 miles round trip. Took me 5 hours. Lots of scenic views.

7 Completed 7 Reviews

Nice hike with a group. I was a little steep in spots but not too bad. I actually climbed down to the creek area to get pictures and got as close as possible to the fall to try and get pictures over the fall. Hopefully I can go back again sometime and take some more people.

Icon_

7 Completed 6 Reviews

Beautiful hike. Lot's of wild flowers. The Rockies all around you. I gave it a 4 and not a 5 for 3 reasons:
1. too close to Vail, can here I-70 at the beginning of the hike
2. heavy usage
3. waterfalls are not too impressive
However, still worth it! Takes 2-3 hours with breaks for food/picture taking , good work out on the way there.

84 Completed 46 Reviews

Very nice hike. It was about 4 miles round trip and took us 1 hour and 53 minutes. Seemed like the trail was mostly uphill to the falls with a few areas that leveled out. There are a few creek crossings that can get muddy. Wild flowers were abundant along the way. The falls were larger than we expected.

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Great hike, though going all the way up to the lake is a rough go. I would rate it more than moderate. Worth it but long

13 Completed 10 Reviews

Great hike with views. First mile is steep but it mellows out in the second mile. Still run off on the trail during early June.

5 Completed 2 Reviews

Great fall trail, when you reach the top and can't quite see the falls like you would just backtrack a little and cut back toward the falls and there is a second place to view the falls.
It was great!