Booth Falls

#2 of 315 trails in White River National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Booth Falls is a 4.6 mile out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Brooke Shrader (38)

1 Completed0 Reviews

Very pretty hike, highly accessible from I70. Moderate out and back, we were going for the lake but got caught in a rain storm about 35 minutes past the falls so turned back. Beautiful wild flowers, many sections followed the water which was nice to listen to along the way. Encountered other hikers about every 10-15 minutes on a Sunday, not terribly crowded.

Jenn Jackson (49)

2 Completed2 Reviews

We did this hike last year for the 4th of July and I still remember how nice it was. We thought we'd try something different this year but didn't like it as much and really wished we had come back to this trail. Really pretty waterfall that made the hike well worth it.

Jenny Williams (202)

7 Completed5 Reviews

Loved this hike! My husband carried our 2 year old on his back and my 5 year old son did this hike no problem. There were some rockier parts toward the top that were a little slick. Falls are beautiful and there was so much to look at along the way.

Stephen Fuller (70)

2 Completed2 Reviews

With all the rain we've had it was absolutely gorgeous, all flowers were in full bloom. Very busy with it being a holiday weekend but still very pleasant. It took a little over an hour to get to the falls with multiple breaks for my 9 year old but she made it without any issues.

Jim Benson (222)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Rigorous. Not an easy trail. But, well worth it.

Jacquelyn Estrada (129)

2 Completed1 Reviews

My friend and I did this today (late June) and the weather was perfect. Warm and slightly overcast. If you do this in the summer on a hot day, good luck. Mostly in the sun and it's all uphill to the falls. Took us 2 hours to get to the falls and an hour or less back. The view is definitely worth it though.

Gary Astley (143)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike, beautiful mountain views. Steep in spots, but should not be a problem for most people. The falls were worth the trip. Be aware, it will get busy on the weekends.

Rebecca Elizabeth (466)

19 Completed20 Reviews

Went on this hike in the fall (October) and it was gorgeous! There was some snow, but mostly melted. The falls weren't flowing too rapidly so we were able to climb across the rocks to another gorgeous view point. Overall an easy hike for an experienced hiker but still completely do able for someone who isn't.

Cory Spencer (163)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Lovely. More populated than I usually like.

Tim Rowland (36)