Booth Falls

#2 of 315 trails in White River National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Booth Falls is a 4.6 mile out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

debi rodenmayer (37)

1 Completed0 Reviews

Grindiculous!!!

Chuck Brazell (89)

2 Completed2 Reviews

My wife and I enjoyed the Booth Falls Trail today and it exceeded our expectations. Along the trail we enjoyed a variety of scenery including Aspen tree groves, forest, open meadows and tons of stunning wildflowers. The falls and river were beautiful. We spent about an hour and a half up top exploring, resting, taking pictures and eating lunch. We stopped on the way down ant the river and waded and soaking our feet in the cold, healing mountain river waters. I can only imagine what it looks like in fall with the Aspen trees gold and yellow. We would hike this trail again.

Roya Killingsworth (61)

Stephen Braat (171)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Hiked beyond Booth Falls to Booth Lake at c11,500 feet elevation. Equally pristine and challenging. Distance felt longer than Forest Service states, closer to 10-miles round trip (according to GPS). Be in good physical condition. You WILL work, especially the last 1/4-mile. Bring rations, water, and rain gear (weather depending). Call ranger district office to ask about snow levels (depending on the season). Leave no later that 9AM. With periodic breaks, will be 3.5 hours up and 2 hours down. Saw moose, eagles, deer, and marmots. No bear, but did see their scat (know your bear avoidance/encounter rules). Lake at top was simply beautiful.

Quinn Bui (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Worth the trip.

James White (58)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was a nice hike. We took our 7 and 9 year old boys and they completed it without a problem. It took us about 1:20 to get to the top which included a few short stops along the way. I would estimate that half of the path is shaded/covered.

Shawn murdoch (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome Worth every step.

Jim Benson (232)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Rigorous

Stephanie Bronsther (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This trail was absolutely amazing. The view at every point is absolutely breath taking. I did this trail coming from New York, and although difficult it was most definitely doable with the right amount of water and frequent breaks. The last part of the trail is rigorous and was the hardest part. Overall incredible hike that was one of the best I have done in CO.

Brooke Shrader (64)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Very pretty hike, highly accessible from I70. Moderate out and back, we were going for the lake but got caught in a rain storm about 35 minutes past the falls so turned back. Beautiful wild flowers, many sections followed the water which was nice to listen to along the way. Encountered other hikers about every 10-15 minutes on a Sunday, not terribly crowded.

Support