Booth Falls

#2 of 316 trails in White River National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Booth Falls is a 4.6 mile out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Andrea Askins-Ball (716)

16 Completed2 Reviews

Finished this trail yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it! Took about an hour and a half to get up to the falls and about an hour back (I'm a bit slow right now at eight months pregnant). We spent about 45 minutes up at the falls, between taking photos and eating lunch. Besides the falls, my favorite part of the hike was the wildflower meadow you walk through shortly before reaching the falls.

Mendy Coffey (243)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Patrick Sleeper (143)

10 Completed2 Reviews

Can be crowded the first half of the hike. Once you get past the Waterfall it becomes a much less crowded trail and going to the top to see the lake is definitely worth it!

Angela Reinhardt (56)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful hike. If I were a trail runner, this would be the trail to run. Not a lot of big rocks along the path like the other trails I've hiked. The scenery was awesome. Great way to end a very active vacation.

Emily Quick (168)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful hike. May be difficult for first timers also if you're not used to altitude. But definitely a great hike.

debi rodenmayer (37)

Grindiculous!!!

Chuck Brazell (89)

2 Completed2 Reviews

My wife and I enjoyed the Booth Falls Trail today and it exceeded our expectations. Along the trail we enjoyed a variety of scenery including Aspen tree groves, forest, open meadows and tons of stunning wildflowers. The falls and river were beautiful. We spent about an hour and a half up top exploring, resting, taking pictures and eating lunch. We stopped on the way down ant the river and waded and soaking our feet in the cold, healing mountain river waters. I can only imagine what it looks like in fall with the Aspen trees gold and yellow. We would hike this trail again.

Roya Killingsworth (61)

Stephen Braat (171)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Hiked beyond Booth Falls to Booth Lake at c11,500 feet elevation. Equally pristine and challenging. Distance felt longer than Forest Service states, closer to 10-miles round trip (according to GPS). Be in good physical condition. You WILL work, especially the last 1/4-mile. Bring rations, water, and rain gear (weather depending). Call ranger district office to ask about snow levels (depending on the season). Leave no later that 9AM. With periodic breaks, will be 3.5 hours up and 2 hours down. Saw moose, eagles, deer, and marmots. No bear, but did see their scat (know your bear avoidance/encounter rules). Lake at top was simply beautiful.

Quinn Bui (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Worth the trip.

Support