Chimney Gulch

#1 of 2 trails in Colorow Mountain Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chimney Gulch is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

kelsey tucker (38)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Either it dint seem like 7 miles or I didnt do the whole trail. Parked at the bottom of the trail of 6th and walked toward the tree line. Was pretty steep at times, had a couple set of switchbacks which winded me quite a bit. Gorgeous views. Went all the way up to Windy Saddle then turned around. The map at the top states its 2.5 miles from 6th to their so I have it as a 5 mile round trip. Took me about an hr and 40 minutes to go up the trail and about 45 minutes to go down.

M Elisabeth Skibba (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Rachel Fisherkee (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Maria Devlin (111)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful view from the top!

Garrett Larson (639)

28 Completed26 Reviews

Sen Subramaniam (184)

29 Completed5 Reviews

A great trail with a gradual ascent. The view from the summit is totally worth it. Can be a good evening/after work hike

Sam Clark (209)

15 Completed11 Reviews

Solid mountain biking trail. People should expect bikers..this trail literally goes right into a hiker only trail. Instead of down-voting a trail because of the inevitable, maybe do some research if you hate bikers that much.

Mimimsp O (293)

15 Completed11 Reviews

I'm not sure I did the whole hike because it didn't seem like seven miles. the part I did was a challenge yet beautiful. I went at the right time since there were not a ton of bikers. the parking lot part way up look out mountain was very small and I was lucky to find a spot.

Erin Marie Bensche (726)