Chimney Gulch

#1 of 2 trails in Colorow Mountain Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chimney Gulch is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Rachel Fisherkee (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Maria Devlin (48)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful view from the top!

Garrett Larson (371)

16 Completed16 Reviews

Sen Subramaniam (183)

29 Completed5 Reviews

A great trail with a gradual ascent. The view from the summit is totally worth it. Can be a good evening/after work hike

Sam Clark (209)

15 Completed11 Reviews

Solid mountain biking trail. People should expect bikers..this trail literally goes right into a hiker only trail. Instead of down-voting a trail because of the inevitable, maybe do some research if you hate bikers that much.

Mimimsp O (277)

12 Completed10 Reviews

I'm not sure I did the whole hike because it didn't seem like seven miles. the part I did was a challenge yet beautiful. I went at the right time since there were not a ton of bikers. the parking lot part way up look out mountain was very small and I was lucky to find a spot.

Erin Marie Bensche (685)

9 Completed1 Reviews

Good hike!

Lisa Shepard (248)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Yvonca Fajardo (346)

28 Completed4 Reviews

Great hike, a little crowded. Beautiful scenery and wild flowers are blooming.

Kevin Wallin (164)

3 Completed4 Reviews

Awesome trail. But you have to earn your turns. I rode all the way up from chimney gulch trail to look out mountain trail and back down. The climb up was fairly step with a couple of sections where I had to walk my bike. I would definitely do this trail again. I didn't encounter too much traffic on a Saturday but the weather did look pretty threatening so that could have been why.

Support