Dakota Ridge and Red Rocks Trail Loop

HARD
#1 of 2 trails in South Dinosaur Park
l>
Dakota Ridge and Red Rocks Trail Loop is a 6.7 mile loop trail located near Morrison, CO that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash hiking mountain biking trail running walking horses rocky views
Hide Map

Take I-70 to Exit 259 and go south on County Road 93. The Stegosaurus Parking Lot is on the east side of the road, just south of I-70.

Benjamin Gonifas

3 Completed2 Reviews

James Rooks

1 Completed1 Reviews

Colby Andrews

6 Completed1 Reviews

It was pretty difficult, very technical Dakota ridge, but very fun down hill on the red rocks trail. Pretty sweet trail would definitely do it again.

Albert Salinas

5 Completed1 Reviews

Only road the red rocks section. Later in the day 5:30 or so. Weather was great. Technical downhill, but very tight single track. Wanted to unleash my rottie to keep him from getting in the way, but I was concerned over other hikers. People on the trail were very polite and courteous. Rattle snake was spotted on rocks. Good hiking trail, not so much for free riding. Awesome views. Samson loved the short downhill we did get a chance to crush!

Jason Goudy

2 Completed1 Reviews

Did this trail and it was very nice. One caution is that I came across a 4 ft Rattle Snake sunning on the path and There was Sticker brush on both sides of me I had no where to go. I had to back track and go around him. Besides that I was a great hike and great trail.

Eric Singleton

6 Completed4 Reviews

Stacy Ann

15 Completed3 Reviews

We ended up on the road and never lost traffic noise. :(

Zach Boyd

49 Completed5 Reviews

Excellent jaunt about. The ridge is quite a decent climb and lends views to historic Red Rocks amphitheater, views of c470 and Denver atop the ridge along with good views of the hogback.

Rachel Beason