Dakota Ridge and Red Rocks Trail Loop

#1 of 1 trails in William F Hayden Green Mountain Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Dakota Ridge Trail is a 6.5 mile loop trail located near Lakewood, Colorado that offers scenic views. It is possible to link to Matthew Winters/Red Rocks trails to create a longer loop. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Albert Salinas (46)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Only road the red rocks section. Later in the day 5:30 or so. Weather was great. Technical downhill, but very tight single track. Wanted to unleash my rottie to keep him from getting in the way, but I was concerned over other hikers. People on the trail were very polite and courteous. Rattle snake was spotted on rocks. Good hiking trail, not so much for free riding. Awesome views. Samson loved the short downhill we did get a chance to crush!

Jason Goudy (147)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Did this trail and it was very nice. One caution is that I came across a 4 ft Rattle Snake sunning on the path and There was Sticker brush on both sides of me I had no where to go. I had to back track and go around him. Besides that I was a great hike and great trail.

Eric Singleton (322)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Stacy Ann (977)

15 Completed3 Reviews

We ended up on the road and never lost traffic noise. :(

Zach Boyd (1089)

45 Completed5 Reviews

Excellent jaunt about. The ridge is quite a decent climb and lends views to historic Red Rocks amphitheater, views of c470 and Denver atop the ridge along with good views of the hogback.

Rachel Beason (165)

Garrett Larson (869)

39 Completed33 Reviews

Erik Malvaes (39)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was great. Amazing hike. Bikers were so friendly and shared the trail.