Eagle Lake Trail

#58 of 317 trails in White River National Forest
Eagle Lake Trail is a 3 mile trail located near Eagle, Colorado that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

3.0 miles 700 feet
hiking lake
Hide Map

Directions from Hwy. 82: Travel east on Hwy. 82 to Basalt. Turn left into downtown Basalt and follow the Fryingpan River Road approximately 22 miles to road #400 on the left side of the road just past second bridge after Ruedi Reservoir. After a steep climb the road goes through Lime Park. At the upper end of the park take road #506 to the right for about one mile. When the road forks again, take road #507 to the left for approximately miles to the trailhead bulletin board. At this point the road is closed because of private property.

Pam Elliott

2 Completed1 Reviews

My favorite hike yet. Especially beautiful in the fall. I did not see anyone on the trail the day I went and the lake is gorgeous.

Daillen Culver

4 Completed2 Reviews

Great day hike. First half runs through aspens and can be thick with undergrowth. Wish I had worn long pants for this section. The second half is challenging and almost entirely uphill. Once you reach the lake, you can maneuver your way over to the opposite side of the lake to sit on some large rocks that plunge into the water. This spot offers a much better view of the lake and surrounding mountains but can be a bit tricky to get to.

Aaron Hall

22 Completed1 Reviews

Just completed today 9-17-14. Trail was well marked. Good weather and the trees were beginning to change. Stayed over night at the lake. First half is easy. Second half is a bear.

Danielle M.

2 Completed1 Reviews

We hiked this trail in the fall, and it was beautiful! We only passed one other group early on during our hike, so when we got to the lake, we had it all to ourselves. There was also some established places to camp near the lake, so it would be a short backpack in.