Lake Isabelle

#7 of 191 trails in roosevelt national forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lake Isabelle is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Nederland, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kacy Grady (256)

6 Completed7 Reviews

Allison Hausman (66)

4 Completed1 Reviews

This trail was absolutely beautiful! There are lakes, glaciers, water falls, wild flowers and moose along this trail and the description of what to see does not do it justice! If you come on a weekend past 7:30 am you'll be waiting for parking for at least 30 mins but it was clear after 2 when we left. Easy hike except towards the end of lake Isabelle it gets rocky and steep. Very gorgeous worth every step taken!

Rebecca Parker (177)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Lisa Thompson (69)

4 Completed4 Reviews

In General: One of my favorite Colorado hikes because you get the most bang (beauty) for your buck (milage).
Today: had to tack on an extra mile for the Nitwot cutoff because we arrived a little late (7:30am) and could not find parking at the trailhead. We started off the morning by seeing several moose at Brainard Lake, both bulls and cows. What a site! The trail conditions today were fabulous. We got a tiny amount of rain and hail on the way back to the car. The lake still had some large patches of snow. Tons of wildflowers, but the bugs weren't out yet. Go figure.

Madison Shogrin (57)

2 Completed2 Reviews

one of the most beautiful places I've been, easy hike

Ashley Robinson (81)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Great easy hike with not too much elevation. A decent amount of nats but not bad. Bring a rain jacket as always! Got caught in a huge storm today. Bring a picnic and eat by the beautiful lake.

DeWayne Hansen (21571)

131 Completed121 Reviews

Great hike in Indian Peaks Wilderness. 2011

Lindsay Fitzhugh (458)

14 Completed12 Reviews

Pretty muddy, so wear good shoes. Trail is easy/moderate, nothing strenuous. Saw 2 moose today :)

Kelly Jessup (118)

3 Completed4 Reviews

One of my favorite hikes in all of Colorado! My friend and I did it yesterday and its ready to enjoy

Kelly Jessup (118)