Mohawk Lakes

#2 of 207 trails in Pike National Forest
Mohawk Lakes is a 6.8 mile out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for camping, fishing, fly fishing & hiking.

6.31 miles Out & Back 1940 feet
Dog Friendly
camping fishing fly fishing dogs forest lake
Hide Map

To connect to the Mohawk Lake Trail, you can begin at the Spruce Creek Trailhead (1.7 miles long). This part of the hike is least strenuous and takes you through a lodgepole pine and aspen forest.

You can either park at the Spruce Creek Trailhead or continue up the road (4WD needed - FDR 803) to hook up with Mohawk Lake Trail.

Kyle Sawatzke

10 Completed6 Reviews

Melanie Mcwhorter

1 Completed1 Reviews

Dominic Angiollo

29 Completed9 Reviews

Beautiful trail -- one of the best I've done in CO. Headed out around 745 on a Saturday in October -- very few people on the trail on the way up, but was getting crowded as I headed down. Several of us brought our dogs and let them off leash -- great trail for dogs. Definitely longer than 6.3 miles if you go to the upper lake...our GPS registered about 10 miles roundtrip.

Dominic Angiollo

Joan Walsh

6 Completed5 Reviews

Travis Knight

11 Completed6 Reviews

One of my favorite hikes I've done in Colorado. I went in July and there were lots of windflowers. This hike has woods to walk through at the beginning, water falls and flowers, and then two beautiful lakes and amazing views at the top.

Greg Belcik

11 Completed4 Reviews

Went backpacking to the unnamed lakes past Upper Mohawk Lake. I tried driving down the rocky road but ended up having to stop 25% of the way in and hiked the rest of the way. Beautiful hike with lots to see, but it is very crowded. If you plan on camping, you will probably want to continue past Upper Mohawk, as there are not alot of spots