Ouzel Falls Trail

#4 of 132 trails in Rocky Mountain National Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Very good hike. Took it last Sept alone and plan to take extended family in July.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Patrick Campbell (208)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Joe Elliott (132)

Joe Elliott (132)

Dustin Mobley (1151)

18 Completed18 Reviews

Arrived at TH at 8:45 and parking was pretty full, we found a spot about 1/4 mile from the trailhead. By the time we left around 12 noon there was absolutely no parking. On the way up the trail passed a few people, but by the time we came back down, the trail was packed and ran into a few traffic jams on the trail.
This was a great hike that I will do again, its such a beautiful area. Great hike for families, or that 1st hike of the year. Went by Copeland Falls, Calypso Cascades Falls, and Ouzell Falls and then turned around and came back the same way. The majority of the hike is in the trees, and well shaded. Multiple stream crossings, wildflowers, fishing opportunities, picture opportunities, and many opportunities to get right next to the river. Suitable for Children, my daughter (12) did just fine. I will do this hike again, but spend more time exploring around the falls.

Karen S. (822)

We started out early about 8am, parking lot pretty full. Rocky trail. This is a hike I would do every year. 3 waterfalls in one hike Calypso Falls, Calypso Cascades and Copeland Falls

Tl C (72)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Very pretty. Was busy by 8 am on a Summer Saturday. Nice scenery. Getting to the falls was worth it. I enjoyed Calypso Falls too. The birds were singing loudly, the wildflowers were beautiful and the water features were amazing.

Wendy H (50)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail! Although it was a holiday weekend the trails were not crowded at all. Parking was a different story. Overall great place and would do it again!

Matt Hefner (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. Some pretty steep sections but the trail is in great shape and 90% of it is pretty flat. Multiple water features along the way and most of the trail is next to St. Vrain creek. I'll do this one again.

Medha Vora (2208)

43 Completed40 Reviews

Easy trail the falls were beautiful with the strong spring run off. The bridge is out and under construction so you can't go beyond the falls. Pretty wildflowers along the way. I went on Tues, early & ppl already on the trail. By the time I was heading down, the trail was getting crowded, I would not want to do this trail on a weekend!

Amy Hansen (143)

8 Completed8 Reviews

The Falls was worth the hike!

Support