Spruce Mountain Open Space Trail

#3 of 207 trails in Pike National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Spruce Mountain Open Space Trail is a 5.5 mile loop trail that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Bridget Seritt (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Love this Open Space for its variety. This is one of my favorite spots to walk when I need a breather!

Kathy Shaw (189)

14 Completed10 Reviews

Great trail with beautiful scenery. It's beautiful on a clear fall day. Several trail options too.

Jen Calvanese (130)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Easy inclines for the kids… We went later in the day on a cooler day and the trail was not crowded at all. Great views and some cool climbing spots for photos. Kids loved the cliffs. Can't wait to give this one a trail run w/o the kids later. There are also picnic tables if you want to pack a lunch!

Janet MacDonald (265)

6 Completed6 Reviews

This is a must do again trail, great tree coverage and very well maintained. Not to many people early in the morning. Watch for people on bikes as most don't understand the protocol of hiker and bikes. Great views and a soft trail that is easy to want to go right back up and do it again :) Happy Hiking!

Bill Stahl (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is runner nirvana. Nice, soft trails with a decent amount of challenge and excellent views. You can easily add side trails and loops to increase your run to 8 to 10 miles.

T TrailRunner (518)

24 Completed10 Reviews

Good hike especially if you live nearby.Good for hikers,bikers and is dogs friendly The scenery is relaxing. I took the sevice road towards thw end, it is steep like the signs warn but what a good workout. I'd like to try this trail one more time before summer ends.

Reese Holle (132)

6 Completed2 Reviews

I wanted a change of scenery and this place was close by. I enjoyed it. Its a decent hike. Probably not one I'll come back to time and time again though.

Onebee Revery (125)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Nice views for the ease of the hike. My now-roommates took me on this one when I visited, definitely helped convince me to move to Colorado!

Molly O'Reilly (177)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike to do with kids. Mine enjoy it every time.

Mike Frandsen (103)

5 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike!! Love the views.

Support