The Incline Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Manitou Park Recreation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

The Incline Trail is a 3 mile loop trail located near Manitou Springs, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & trail running and is accessible from May until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

yesenia b (98)

3 Completed3 Reviews

I've done this many times, including today. I hadn't done it since they reopened it in December. the renovations are nice, it actually smells like a new house being built because of all the wood they've put in, lol. it's still challening but I don't think it's as bad as it was. it's nice not to have to be on your hands for the little bit anymore tho. I've gone down the incline once because I was short on time and figured it'd be faster than the 3-mile trail down. it was scary for sure cause if you miss a step and are going down, you're screwed! the trail down is nice tho. I run it and it's really not that long.

Reese Holle (348)

7 Completed3 Reviews

Definitely worth pushing through! I almost quit at the bail-out point but I'm glad I didn't. Getting to the top was a relief, and to see others struggling to get to the top and not give up was a good motivator. One person was literally on their hands and knees trying to make it.

Jason Cordes (120)

11 Completed3 Reviews

Matthew Van Vliet (75)

8 Completed4 Reviews

Favorite trail to hike/run(speed walk) when I do not have a lot of time. Unfortunately the trail is currently closed for repairs but I did get it in a couple times this summer before they started. Ready for it to open back up and try setting a personal best. If you come to Colorado this is a must on the list to accomplish.

Chris Ludwiczak (160)

18 Completed1 Reviews

I didn't see the review below and found out the hard way that this trail is closed, oops.

Shawn Gadwa (67)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Very good workout, my heart was definitely elevated. I give this 4 stars because it was quite dangerous in areas. Fortunately it is closed for repairs now and I plan to walk up the incline regularly when it is back.

Robert Logan (594)

4 Completed4 Reviews

This trail is amazing. The Incline is famous for its sweeping views and steep grade, as steep as 68% in places,making it a fitness challenge for locals in the Colorado Springs area. The incline gains over 2,000 feet (610 m) of elevation in less than one mile.
I have lived in colorado springs for so long and have never had the opportunity to do this trail sad to hear they are going to close it. I hope just to renovate it, alot of wash out and exposed rebar is probably the reason why. very physical trail and super busy on weekends, if you can make it to top with out 1-2 stops your a champ

Jacqueline Jones (43)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Totally loved this trail. My daughter and I did this together, in the drizzle filled but warm month of July. It took us an hour and 10 mins to make it to the top and then a great easy fast walk back down the trail. There were all kinds of folks taking this trip some made it, some didn't. Suggest you try early am on a weekday (soon it closes for repairs) lots of traffic up and down, take your time, breathe, enjoy the views, breathe, people are friendly and the summit is worth the pain of the altitude gain.

IKE MCMILLAN (336)

236 Completed3 Reviews

I hate this..... I mean love this trail. We have a very unique relationship. Great trail to get you prepared for climbing or hiking the 14ers in this wonderful state. I understand why they are doing it, but the trail will be closed next week (3 months) for repairs.

Cecile Toomey (108)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Kicked my butt!!! I'm not a fan of stairs so I didn't like doing this. But every time I turned around, that view just made me smile. The feeling of accomplishment when I reached the top was exhilarating. The trail going down was fun and beautiful.

Support