The Incline Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Manitou Park Recreation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

The Incline Trail is a 3 mile loop trail located near Manitou Springs, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & trail running and is accessible from May until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Alex Krasavin (400)

8 Completed3 Reviews

Lindsay Fitzhugh (296)

12 Completed10 Reviews

It was very crowded on a sunny January day, even though there was a fair amount of ice and snow on the stairs. And the trail back was downright treacherous! But I would love to go back now that's it's warmer and there's less chance of me falling twenty times :) Definitely a great workout.

Jamie Reid (657)

22 Completed12 Reviews

Don't be fooled, it's a kick in the butt work out all the way up :)

Benjamin Raymond (38)

1 Completed1 Reviews

best workout ever, my legs were burning. It sucks going up but when you reach the end its a feeling of accomplishment unlike any other.

yesenia b (119)

4 Completed4 Reviews

I've done this many times, including today. I hadn't done it since they reopened it in December. the renovations are nice, it actually smells like a new house being built because of all the wood they've put in, lol. it's still challening but I don't think it's as bad as it was. it's nice not to have to be on your hands for the little bit anymore tho. I've gone down the incline once because I was short on time and figured it'd be faster than the 3-mile trail down. it was scary for sure cause if you miss a step and are going down, you're screwed! the trail down is nice tho. I run it and it's really not that long.

Reese Holle (369)

7 Completed3 Reviews

Definitely worth pushing through! I almost quit at the bail-out point but I'm glad I didn't. Getting to the top was a relief, and to see others struggling to get to the top and not give up was a good motivator. One person was literally on their hands and knees trying to make it.

Jason Cordes (120)

11 Completed3 Reviews

Matthew Van Vliet (75)

8 Completed4 Reviews

Favorite trail to hike/run(speed walk) when I do not have a lot of time. Unfortunately the trail is currently closed for repairs but I did get it in a couple times this summer before they started. Ready for it to open back up and try setting a personal best. If you come to Colorado this is a must on the list to accomplish.

Chris Ludwiczak (160)

18 Completed1 Reviews

I didn't see the review below and found out the hard way that this trail is closed, oops.

Shawn Gadwa (107)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Very good workout, my heart was definitely elevated. I give this 4 stars because it was quite dangerous in areas. Fortunately it is closed for repairs now and I plan to walk up the incline regularly when it is back.

Support